OGXbox.com

PC games option?

ChaoticAnarchyX

I tried uploading a snapshot I took with my phone but it wont let me take one under 2 mb's.... I would love to find a way to make that PC Game option work. I imagine it could theoreticly play something like Soul Reaver based in just the cpu/gpu and the ram alone would be more then the minimum requirements under  windows 98.. I used the OGxbox 1.5.3 installer disc with the unleashX dashbord option if that helps.

Edited by ChaoticAnarchyX
Spelling

59 minutes ago, ChaoticAnarchyX said:

I tried uploading a snapshot I took with my phone but it wont let me take one under 2 mb's...

If you use a picture share site like https://postimages.org/  to upload the picture file to, you can then post the link that is generated here.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I'm guessing it'll be a custom UX Config.xml thing maybe using "PC Games" instead of HomeBrew as a lot of those are PC ports to the Xbox. There's some really good ones amongst a wider selection of games that either do not play that well or remind you how lucky we are as gamers not being back in the 1980s. :)

In the same way that menu option could also be a direct launcher of the ScummVM 'emulator' which supports a limited number of old school point and click PC adventure games which do run reasonably on the Xbox eg. Broken Sword.

It'll be interesting to know more.

However no way will PC LoK: Soul Reaver run on the Xbox. Even using the Playstation PCSXbox emulator I think you'll be lucky to get anything approaching playable performance.

• Like 1

HD

1 hour ago, HDShadow said:

Shadow is right. In the original config it's called "PC-Ports".

I will see that I change it back to the original name or remove it entirely because most of it is "HomeBrew" anyway so no need for PC-Games / PC-Ports I guess.

I have change it for my personal UX config so it's a left over from that.

What you can try instead is, load the PCSX-ReloadedX Emulator (https://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=189&t=6561) and try if the Playstation version is working good enough on your XBox.