OGXbox.com

Component 60hz

filevans

Hello all

I just started using a component cable and it is forcing 60hz constantly even though I have PAL60 DISABLED in MSDash, is that normal?

On my RGB SCART cable I can always get 50hz, as I need 50hz for Amiga, c64 and Spectrum emulation

but on the component cable it won't let me get 50hz even when I am launching everything specifically in PAL and have PAL60 DISABLED. The Xbox logo when it starts up is in 50hz but everything after that is 60hz constantly. I even have tried the emulators set to force 50hz in options and still they won't go to 50hz

Thanks

Why would I want to set my console to NTSC when I just clearly wrote I want 50hz? NTSC is constantly in 60hz and won't help what I'm trying to do. I want PAL 50hz and the component cable is forcing 60hz even though I'm in PAL and have PAL60 DISABLED

Edited by filevans
  • Sad 1

It may depend on the TV. 480p is 480p/60Hz. If it was a NTSC or NTSC set Xbox and you'd switched off the progressive scan options it might default to 480i/60Hz when using Component. 

If using PAL with Component, which is I think what you're doing, and you're seeing a noticeable difference between the boot screen resolution  and the main dash/games resolution are you sure the console is actually region set to PAL?

The Xbox itself does not support any PAL progressive scan resolution ie. 576p/50Hz. So we're talking about a change in resolution from 576i/50Hz to 480i/60Hz. Are you seeing that with your eyes as a significant difference or is it just your TV telling you the resolution has changed.

The primary question really should be: why on earth do you want to to use 50Hz and, if you're desperate to use 50Hz for some niche reason, why don't you just use a RGB SCART cable? That gives the best interlaced resolution picture quality.

Component, if it supports interlaced resolutions, is in practice just as good although it will require picture setting adjustments to match a RGB SCART display as that tends to exaggerate colours and contrast. 480p/60Hz picture quality is noticeably better than 576i/50Hz and, of course, 480i/60Hz.

You should go to the MS dash and check your video settings there. The UnleashX dash resolution options do not always stick, apparently. I've never had that problem but you do need to save and reboot after changing them.

However that also leads on to another important question: are you using a softmod and if so what? It could well be involved if it is a modern one where the resolution settings are protected.  

Edited by HDShadow

55 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

It may depend on the TV. 480p is 480p/60Hz. If it was a NTSC or NTSC set Xbox and you'd switched off the progressive scan options it might default to 480i/60Hz when using Component. 

If using PAL with Component, which is I think what you're doing, and you're seeing a noticeable difference between the boot screen resolution  and the main dash/games resolution are you sure the console is actually region set to PAL?

The Xbox itself does not support any PAL progressive scan resolution ie. 576p/50Hz. So we're talking about a change in resolution from 576i/50Hz to 480i/60Hz. Are you seeing that with your eyes as a significant difference or is it just your TV telling you the resolution has changed.

The primary question really should be: why on earth do you want to to use 50Hz and, if you're desperate to use 50Hz for some niche reason, why don't you just use a RGB SCART cable? That gives the best interlaced resolution picture quality.

Component, if it supports interlaced resolutions, is in practice just as good although it will require picture setting adjustments to match a RGB SCART display as that tends to exaggerate colours and contrast. 480p/60Hz picture quality is noticeably better than 576i/50Hz and, of course, 480i/60Hz.

You should go to the MS dash and check your video settings there. The UnleashX dash resolution options do not always stick, apparently. I've never had that problem but you do need to save and reboot after changing them.

However that also leads on to another important question: are you using a softmod and if so what? It could well be involved if it is a modern one where the resolution settings are protected.  

Of course I saved the settings and restarted. And Learn to read, I've already told you I want to use 50hz for Amiga and c64 emulators which are native 50hz. If you can't understand that then leave it. And I've already said my console is in PAL as it works in 50hz in SCART and has PAL60 MODE option in MSDash, none of which would be available if I was running in NTSC! And also how can it be my television if the Xbox logo IS booting in 50hz! And SCART works in 50hz! And how can video settings be protected if all the settings work in SCART! And also 480p and 720p are all enabling in component? Your post is just a long negative rant focusing on problems without giving any SOLUTIONS whatsoever!!

Please leave the query to someone who can read, listen and think and give a solution

Edited by filevans

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

I also asked WHAT DASH you are using as it may be the DASH that is changing it to 60HZ

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Irrelevant as it's 60hz in even ms dash! With PAL60 DISABLED. I've tried XBMC and unleashx, everything is 60hz and can't be changed to 50hz. Only the Xbox logo boots in 50hz, after that it's 60hz completely. Yes it's softmod.

So if the Xbox doesn't support 576p then does the Xbox support 576i through component? The console is booting in 50hz and looks like 576i. The television info says 50hz and I can see the resolution is different with more lines than NTSC as well. But after that I can't get 576i, it's just 480p 60hz in everything else 

Edited by filevans

The Xbox doesn't support 50hz output over component. 480p@60hz, 720p@60hz, and 1080i@30hz are the only supported video modes over component. The Xbox will boot with the manufacturing set video mode and settings before switching to what's supported by the cable it detects and attempts to apply user set video settings.

Standard AV, SCART/Advanced SCART, and RF were the only officially supplied and supported video cables for PAL region consoles - but you would know this if you learned to read, since this is clearly stated in the Xbox manual.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, feudalnate said:

The Xbox doesn't support 50hz output over component. 480p@60hz, 720p@60hz, and 1080i@30hz are the only supported video modes over component. The Xbox will boot with the manufacturing set video mode and settings before switching to what's supported by the cable it detects and attempts to apply user set video settings.

Standard AV, SCART/Advanced SCART, and RF were the only officially supplied and supported video cables for PAL region consoles - but you would know this if you learned to read, since this is clearly stated in the Xbox manual.

Well you're totally wrong as I've just connected my xecuter modded Xbox to component and it is displaying 50HZ OVER COMPONENT. It doesn't support 576p but it supports 576i! *PAL 50HZ* so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about! Another idiot with no solutions just attempting to look clever with "so-called" knowledge, without actually giving any help or solutions whatsoever. Go and find another place to waste your time if you can't help people, you can't even offer any correct information. (Thanks for nothing)

So now I know it's my softmod that is preventing the 576i capability

Edited by filevans

34 minutes ago, feudalnate said:

Yes, your logic is truly flawless and there is absolutely no technical counter argument that anyone in existence could make. Good luck!

You're an idiot. Go away if you can't offer any help instead of spouting so-called knowledge. Time waster with nothing to add. Instead of using my energy to resolve the problem I'm wasting all of my energy arguing with  cretins like you. Useless bloodsucker

Edited by filevans

6 hours ago, filevans said:

Irrelevant as it's 60hz in even ms dash! With PAL60 DISABLED. I've tried XBMC and unleashx, everything is 60hz and can't be changed to 50hz. Only the Xbox logo boots in 50hz, after that it's 60hz completely. Yes it's softmod.

This Xbox a Version 1.4 with a internal wii2hdmi (the wii2hdmi is connected via R G B and the Xbox is configured to HD output) and the BIOS set to PAL

PXL-20210610-191538596.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 minute ago, filevans said:

You're an idiot. Go away if you can't offer any help instead of spouting so-called knowledge. Time waster with nothing to add. Instead of using my energy to resolve the problem I'm wasting all of my energy arguing with  cretins like you. Useless bloodsucker

You are the IDIOT.

Cheers

SS Dave

42 minutes ago, filevans said:

Also check you med's I think you need a stronger dose of your medications as your attitude sucks.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

When this guy said "it's my softmod that is preventing the 576i capability" I immediately thought of this guy that wouldn't accept advice about XboxHDM and responded about as well as this guy does. I had to promptly check out of this "conversation". Good luck Dave, if you're brave enough to stick around for this one

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, feudalnate said:

When this guy said "it's my softmod that is preventing the 576i capability" I immediately thought of this guy that wouldn't accept advice about XboxHDM and responded about as well as this guy does. I had to promptly check out of this "conversation". Good luck Dave, if you're brave enough to stick around for this one

Maybe he is TL Gamer!

I also love the fact all his YouTube clips have commenting disabled.

As most people know I don't softmod but I am pretty sure I know how to fix his problem.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

I have a feeling filevans may indeed be a new account by that old 'friend' of this forum and other Xbox forums he has also disrupted in the last few months.

However he is correct about the Xbox supporting PAL 576i/50Hz over Component but, as I said, that does also depend on the TV. Some older TV's only supported prog scan over Component and others may only support 480i. No idea about more recent TVs but my JVC  HV-32P37SUE 32" CRT WS supports 480i. 576i, 480p, 576p and 1080i  although not 720p via Component.

If he was serious he would have addressed my suggestion that he just use a the RGB SCART cable he already has. If he wants to use 50Hz then forget about what the Component cable is or is not doing and use that RGB SCART cable instead. Set the UnleashX or XBMC or MS dash to PAL50 and that's the problem solved.

What those other consoles he mentions have anything to with...................................anything, who knows?

16 hours ago, filevans said:

A softmodded console boots the stock BIOS which will use the PAL 50Hz video output mode, however the softmod may change the console to run at 60Hz instead of 50Hz. 

Which softmod is installed?  You have possibly already mentioned it earlier in the thread but I'm being lazy and have not looked back at all of your previous posts in this thread. :)

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which softmod is installed?  You have possibly already mentioned it earlier in the thread but I'm being lazy and have not looked back at all of your previous posts in this thread.

He didn't say what softmod just every one doesn't know what we are talking about.

Cheers

SS Dave

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

If using Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, run the NKPatcher Settings app and go to menu option:

• 2.1.4 Video Region.

Make sure it is on:

• Set video to PAL.

Thanks yes I already went and removed the softmod that was on there and installed the latest rocky5 and now I get 576i in 50hz mode over component, and 480p in 60hz mode, everything works perfectly

• Like 1

• 6 months later...