OGXbox.com

C: is full and I can't figure out how to clear it out

ChaoticAnarchyX

Hi everyone,

Today I tsop flashed my V1.0 mobo using the TruHexEN 2021 disc and everything was fine until I used option 4.2.11 (install all dashboards.) Now I woulda thought that if my C had become that choked for space it would have simply asked me if I wanted to continue installing to the location I was, change location or cancel all together... but it installed to the C and nowits full and even using filezilla to ftp into the C, I can't peer into the "Do not touch anything in here" which I am suspect is the major culprit why my drive is claiming to be full.... anyone know of any methods or tools to clear up the C:?

As the Xbox is now had the bios flashed you could try the restore to factory option then after rebooting the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive you can then install 1 dash.

Is the HDD a stock drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

14 minutes ago, ChaoticAnarchyX said:

anyone know of any methods or tools to clear up the C:?

HeXEn 2021

After TSOP flashing the console, you need to use the option to clean the softmod files from the console.

The option is most likely 3.5.2 Clean C partition after TSOP flash if it wasn't changed to a different location when the dev created the updated version from earlier releases such as HeXEn 2018.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

As the Xbox is now had the bios flashed you could try the restore to factory option then after rebooting the Xbox with the install disk in the DVD drive you can then install 1 dash.

Is the HDD a stock drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

No, it a 200 gig upgrade. I still have the original and thought about just saying screw it and clone it agian on the 200 gig again. I also tried using the option to clean up installer files after i used the TruHexEn 2021 a couple times, but it still would have issues (even tried using some if the installer methods to erase and redo the  C drive and it would error out not being able to delete anything)

You don't need to clone it as that creates issues with drive sizes.

Just fit the new hard drive and boot the Xbox with the install DVD disk in the DVD drive then use a setup new large hard drive option.

Cheers

SS Dave

Simple solution for a major problem. :D

Download my installer and give the HeXEn to your kids (in case of) as frisby.

After you have burned and booted the OGXBox installer select:

"3. Format & Setup / Backup & Recovery."

There you selcet  :

"3.1.6. Format Single Partition."

And there you can set up your C Drive new.

"3.1.6.1. Format and setup Partition C."

Should you have also problems with your E partitionI recommend to use

"3.1.6.2. Format and setup Partition E."

That will format your E drive only and copy all needed Apps, Dashboards, ect.

AND if you like to do C+E you can do both in one by selecting :

"3.1.5. AiO Setup a new HDD (C+E Only)."

Your F and G partitions will not be touched in any case. 

1 hour ago, ChaoticAnarchyX said:

Certainly will give it a go. Wheres the link so i can download it?? I think I tried downloading your installers before and the links where broken.

The links are fine if you use the folder links:

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

Use the "OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3" and not the MakeMHz Edition. ;)

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Certainly will give it a go. Wheres the link so i can download it?? I think I tried downloading your installers before and the links where broken.

The HeXEn 2021 had this function as well when I gave my version of HeXEn to ToXicMedz but, like you know, he removed everything which was good and added these evil things like passwords and things back into it. But hey WHO cares about HeXEn? AID, Rocky5's or OGXBox. And for the memorys and becaus it can be usefull a copy of Slayer's.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Thanks for the link, downloading now and as soon as I get results I'll post them here. I can't for my life figure out why ToXicMedz wouldn't include uninstallers or something more robust to prevent this from happening. Or at least include something to efficiently clean out your C drive if it does get full. Right now it shows 16kb of free space and depending on the dash i use it will either hang on the Xbox screen (after flubber) if i set it to unleashX (if im remembering right from last night.) But if I set it to AvalanchX it will boot and then i have to turn off the warning messege otherwise I can't see around it to do anything (no way to really dismiss it??) I'm hesitant to even play anything for fear of running into random errors..