OGXbox.com

Is there anyway to change the profile select skin/background/color?

double0zero

I've been able to customize just about everything in XMBC4gamers, I have a softmodded xbox original, and I noticed in the profile select screen, where I can either select manage profiles, or select a profile with my xbox games or emulators.

The profile select screen is what boots up for me right away when I turn on the xbox, so the first thing I see is like crummy boxes and a baby blue background. Is there any sort of dark mode? I don't need a crazy skin, I just want to change the colors, is there anyway to change a line of code in a file to change it? Does anyone know how to contact the creators to ask?

This would be the icing on the cake for me after setting up a sweet system

Thanks!

Edited by double0zero

After you have logged in if you press the Dpad up you can set the screen colors plus fanart, Icons and the like.

Here is  basic user manual for xbmc4gamers.

This manual should be included with the package that you install but as it took Cian a long time to put together due to every time he was close Rocky5 would change stuff

https://1fichier.com/?9d0vo22j5mw1iwp2kig6

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Downloaded the manual, read the whole thing, pretty much already knew like 95% of the information just from the going through the UI of XMBC4gamers.
I know how to edit the background color and UI WITHIN a profile, but there appears to not be a way to edit the background in the profile SELECT screen within the given UI options. 

I have googled around and other people have asked this question elsewhere and the responses seem to be that its not possible. However from my understanding of code, there has to be a line somewhere that tells the xbox to display a hex color value for the background, and thats the only thing I really want to change because I can't stand this baby blue lol.

Also why is a soft mod not as good as a hard mod? I thought they were essentially the same. What are the benefits of a hard mod?

Looks like I'll have to chat with Rocky5 directly, I tried googling for him but this has been helpful thanks KaosEngineer!

On 6/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, double0zero said:

Also why is a soft mod not as good as a hard mod? I thought they were essentially the same. What are the benefits of a hard mod?

For me it's

The ease of recovery or replacement of a hard drive

The hard drive can be left unlocked so you can easily use a PC to add and remove large amounts of files ( you can transfer 1.8tb in under 24 hours compared to FTP 4 to 5 days)

You can easily swap hard drives from any hard modded Xbox in the unfortunate event of a Xbox main board becoming unrepairable

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1