OGXbox.com

Just installed OpenXenium chip. Retail kernel loads black screen / idk what to do

Baron

Ok cool, I have that installed and see the Evox logo when I start the xbox, then it gives an error 16 page call customer support. So next up is preparing the HDD, which I need to format properly. When I try formatting from xenium it always fails. So I guess I need to use that OG installation dvd right? How can I boot from that dvd?

3 hours ago, Baron said:

Ok cool, I have that installed and see the Evox logo when I start the xbox, then it gives an error 16 page call customer support. So next up is preparing the HDD, which I need to format properly. When I try formatting from xenium it always fails. So I guess I need to use that OG installation dvd right? How can I boot from that dvd?

If the Evox BIOS is booting on power-on, it should boot the installer disc burned to DVD-R media that is loaded in the DVD tray.

Without the hard drive having content on it and no installer disc to boot in the DVD tray, it gives up and the error 16 message gets displayed.

Ok so now I have an ssd in there (only other spare I had) and with the OG installation dvd in it said evox detected a hdd change would I like to format it. Without the dvd in, it would just go to an error page. So I formatted it, including F and now it boots to just the xbox evox screen with "linux" at the bottom, and my xbox led is flashing. Where do I go from here? I'm assuming it doesn't matter if I use evox, the og installation disk, or hexen to format the drive just so long as it gets formatted.

EDIT: i put a different drive in there because no matter what I did, it just didnt like that 1TB HDD. Now when I start it with the hexen disk and that 1TB drive, it says the same unleash x has detected new hard disk. Do you want to format your new drive? With no hexen dvd in, it gives error 13.

Do I need partition F? What does that do?

Just realized that the logo in the upper left is EVOX, but the message itself says UnleashX. Those are 2 different BIOS right? It's like they're mixed together somehow.

Edited by Baron

3 hours ago, Baron said:

Ok so now I have an ssd in there (only other spare I had) and with the OG installation dvd in it said evox detected a hdd change would I like to format it. Without the dvd in, it would just go to an error page. So I formatted it, including F and now it boots to just the xbox evox screen with "linux" at the bottom, and my xbox led is flashing. Where do I go from here? I'm assuming it doesn't matter if I use evox, the og installation disk, or hexen to format the drive just so long as it gets formatted.

EDIT: i put a different drive in there because no matter what I did, it just didnt like that 1TB HDD. Now when I start it with the hexen disk and that 1TB drive, it says the same unleash x has detected new hard disk. Do you want to format your new drive? With no hexen dvd in, it gives error 13.

Do I need partition F? What does that do?

Just realized that the logo in the upper left is EVOX, but the message itself says UnleashX. Those are 2 different BIOS right? It's like they're mixed together somehow.

You let the install disk format the HDD as for a Xbox it needs to have a C, E formatted in FatX (OG Xbox and Xbox360 both use that type).

The OGX Installer should also format the F drive( the F drive is the bulk storage) and if you fit a 2tb or 3tb then it will also format a G drive (also bulk storage).

Then you need to install a Default Dash and on the OGX Installer you can install all or just one dash and as you are new  to the world of Xbox modding maybe use the install all dashes this way you can test each dash and find one you like I like the xmc4gamer mainly because it look nice with the way it displays the game titles others like Evox (evolution X) or Unleash.

Once you have installed a dash then the Xbox will boot without the DVD in the drive.

I would now load the OGX installer disk again and click on live apps then under EEProm & HDD hard there is a app called XBpartitioner 1.3 (option 1.5.8)run that and check that the partitions don't have a ER next to them.

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Now when I start it with the hexen disk

Chuck that Hexen disk in the trash or use it a drink coaster 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

The OG install dvd doesn't boot. The drive spins up and sounds like it wants to load it then it stops, the front led blinks, and the xbox screen says EVOX in the upper left corner and linux at the bottom. Every time I take a step forward I feel like I take 2 back, I'm so lost lol. I flashed evox via http and set that as the default launch item. Is dashboard different than BIOS?

That hexen disc (which is now in the trash) was actually able to boot after I went through that "unleashx detected a new hdd" setup wizard, but never the OG install disk. Why does my screen show EVOX, but then that wizard said UnleashX?

Thanks for your continued help, I know it must be frustrating dealing with someone who has all these problems.

46 minutes ago, Baron said:

Is dashboard different than BIOS?

Yes the bios (basic in out system) is just a small bit of code that instructs the mother board where and what to look for to load and the Dash is the program that you use.

Think of the  Xbox Dash like Windows desktop for a PC.

46 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why does my screen show EVOX, but then that wizard said UnleashX?

The evox will be from the bios file that has loaded 1st from the modchip then unleashX is the desktop program that has loaded either from a DVD or Hard drive.

55 minutes ago, Baron said:

he OG install dvd doesn't boot. The drive spins up and sounds like it wants to load it then it stops, the front led blinks, and the xbox screen says EVOX in the upper left corner and linux at the bottom.

When you make any DVD disk for a Xbox always burn it as slow as the burner will go and use a brand name blank DVD-r disk.

I use the Verbatim DVD-r with exultant results.

57 minutes ago, Baron said:

That hexen disc (which is now in the trash) was actually able to boot after I went through that "unleashx detected a new hdd" setup wizard, but never the OG install disk.

As long as you managed to format the hard drive that's the 1st step out of the way and I have a dislike to the Hexen for a couple of things like needing a pass code that's not even a secret and some of the sections of Hexen when loaded change configuration files on the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.