OGXbox.com

Can EvoX boot on Xbox with no chip?

cuacs

Hello there, I recently decided to give a second chance to my old Xbox, my parents bought it to me back in 2004 when I was 12 years old. it is a v1.0 and always has booted EvoX, even to this day, the problem is that I can't find any modchip or TSOP. Maybe it's my lack of expertise but I thought that EvoX only boot in a hardmoded machine, so where it is? And if there is no chip, how can it boot EvoX?

I've already removed and cleaned the clock capacitor leak, no visible corrosion.

IMG_2543.JPG

48 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

When it boot up EvoX I would guess your XBox is softmodded.

You could solder the 2 TSOP points (one on top and one on the bottom on the 1.0) and TSOP flash it, no problem.

Thanks for the answer sweetdarkdestiny, another question, my HDD is dead, after the TSOP can I do something to replace it or what path I must follow? I've read that I need to chip it in order to run Slayer or something like that. I would appreciate your help.

With a dead HDD I would recommend to get a cheap mod chip like the Aladdin. It's the easyer way IMO.

Reason for that is, if you can't boot anymore (to TSOP your XBox) you would need to get your HDD key first (using a RaspbarryPi with PiProm for example) to build a new HDD with Chimp to make your XBox booting again. After that you could do a TSOP no problem.

So you would need to deside what you like to do, TSOP with RaspPi (PiProm and Chimp) or just geting a mod chip?

And Slayers is a little bit outdated. You can use the OGXBox Installer 2021 or if you like it better HeXEn.

OGXBox Installer Topic : https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4407-ogxbox-installer-2021/

PiProm : https://github.com/grimdoomer/PiPROM

Chimp261812 : https://github.com/Rocky5/Chimp261812

It looks like it has had the bios re flashed as it looks like a blob of solder in the circle

IMG-2543.jpg

The will also be a link on the bottom around the same spot .

So you can fit the new hard drive and the load your installation DVD in the DVD drive then power cycle the Xbox 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cuacs said:

Hello there, I recently decided to give a second chance to my old Xbox, my parents bought it to me back in 2004 when I was 12 years old. it is a v1.0 and always has booted EvoX, even to this day, the problem is that I can't find any modchip or TSOP. Maybe it's my lack of expertise but I thought that EvoX only boot in a hardmoded machine, so where it is? And if there is no chip, how can it boot EvoX?

I've already removed and cleaned the clock capacitor leak, no visible corrosion.

IMG_2543.JPG

U7D1 is the chip that is being referred to as the TSOP.  It is a flash memory chip in a Thin Small Outline Package that holds the Xbox's BIOS/Kernel used to boot and run the console.

Can you post a close-up picture of the area that includes only the LPC Debug port and TSOP (U7D1) chip.

You have a v1.0 console that has the 4034 version of the stock BIOS/Kernel.  

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

U7D1 is the chip that is being referred to as the TSOP.  It is a flash memory chip in a Thin Small Outline Package that holds the Xbox's BIOS/Kernel used to boot and run the console.

Can you post a close-up picture of the area that includes only the LPC Debug port and TSOP (U7D1) chip.

Thanks for the insight. As soon as I can will send the close-up.

17 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It looks like it has ha thee bios re flashed as it looks like a blob of solder in the circle

IMG-2543.jpg

The will also be a link on the bottom around the same spot .

So you can fit the new hard drive and the load your installation DVD in the DVD drive then power cycle the Xbox 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

This is awesome, I didn't even realize about that point. How do you spot it? The pic I posted is quite shitty.

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

IMG_2561(1).JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

17 minutes ago, cuacs said:

Please let me know me if another picis needed.

IMG_2560(1).JPG

Looks like the pads have been bridged with solder to write enable the flash memory chip.  A modified BIOS can then be written to the memory chip to boot the console modified just like a modchip does without any addtional hardware.

Select the Settings > System Info menu option and wait for the copyright scoller to complete.  Take note of the D and K lines at the end before it repeats.  Post the values displayed.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:16 AM, cuacs said:

By this post I would say you have seen the text down the bottom of the screen with executer 

Have you tried to load a install disk with a new hard drive connected?

Cheers

SS Dave

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks like the pads have been bridged with solder to write enable the flash memory chip.  A modified BIOS can then be written to the memory chip to boot the console modified just like a modchip does without any addtional hardware.

Select the Settings > System Info menu option and wait for the copyright scoller to complete.  Take note of the D and K lines at the end before it repeats.  Post the values displayed.

Unfortunately, after the boot an error 7 pops, I checked the IDE cable and the DVD drive (replacing with other ones) and no change at all, so it must be the HDD. If I disconnect it gives me error 8, if replace it for another one pops error 13. Is my diagnosis right?

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

By this post I would say you have seen the text down the bottom of the screen with executer 

Have you tried to load a install disk with a new hard drive connected?

Cheers

SS Dave

I will try to use the install disk, Rocky5's installer is ok or do I need another pack?

1 hour ago, cuacs said:

I will try to use the install disk, Rocky5's installer is ok or do I need another pack?

Is it the Build v1.1.8 Xbox Softmodding Tool Extras disc?   If so, you are good.  It supports hardmods too.

However, I suggest using OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3.

Error 13 with a new HDD occurs because the Xecuter2 BIOS cannot find a dashboard to load.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cuacs said:

I would use the OGXbox installer 2021 as KaosEngineer as mentioned

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1