OGXbox.com

XBMC4Gamers no longer Wants to load

Morris028

Hey Guys Sorry to Open a thread on something that should be so simple but it has Honestly stumped me. Ive had a Quick look at the Forums and i couldnt find a Link to what im experiencing so hear goes. 

Before the weekend i finalized my OG with the Xbmc4gamers all was working fine with no issues. Ive come back today to find that Xbmc4gamers will no longer launch. Thinking its corrupt files after abit of a move around before the weekend i decided to ftp a new set of files that i had kept knowing there are fully working. I honestly thought that would of fixed it but after a hard reboot it still remains. Is there any sort of config file i should be looking to delete, maybe to regenerate a fresh set of files? if so any help would be much appreciated. 

For a little more information ive tried launching this Through an added menu entry aswell as through the file explorer and both reboot to Unleash X before and after a new set of files via Ftp. 

Thanks In advance 

Morris

Download the xbmc.log and xbmc.old.log files and add them as an attachment.  

Enabling a higher debug level may need to be set to have the reason for the failure to launch logged.

Find in XBMC4Gamer's installation folder - system/UserData/advancdedsettings.xml

add the line

<loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>

Next, start XBMC4Gamers again then download and add the log files to another post.

• Thanks 1

Hey Kaos, 

Thanks for the swift reply and also taking the time to Help out, its Much appreciated. I missed the notification comming through lastnight, i gotta abit lost messing with the Box to Debug it, i was determined to get it running again before going to sleep how it was beforenthe weekemd 😅🙈 it was quite a late night/morning . After It Turns out the Problem wasnt with XBMC4gamers but rather the 255 Folder Limitation of the FatX format and How UnleashX Handles new Games before there played adding meta files. I could remember reading years ago about fatX limits But never built a System big enough to run into it myself, Other than with Emulation roms and over 4096 files in a folder 😅🙈.

That Being Said after figuring it out i Ftp'd over my T and U Data files and deleted all the un needed files from unleash X and then Simple renamed the Directory for which unleash X searches for games to "XboxGames" in side its Config.xml file so it doesnt happen again and Its Set it Straight. Im Now once again a Proud owner of a XBMC4Gamers Rig 😎😊💯

Sorry if that was abit long winded. My Hope is if someone Runs into this Issue again whos new to the scene, it will be an easy find through a Search and Hopefully easy solution aswell. 

But once again Let me Just thank you for Getting Back to Thread, it really was Appreciated. 

Morris

Edited by Morris028