OGXbox.com

What did I just get?

Oreos420

16 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

Thank you for all of this information. I will hold out before doing any of this as I dont want to do anything until i fully cimprehend what I am doing. I am most likely making it harder than it actually is, but i just dont want to mess up this nice box that i scored.

I don't have an X2.6 modchip or I'd try to reflash it.  I'd try each 512KB bank separately by setting the modchip's bank select switch to Bank 1 or 2 or with a 1MB dot bin file by selecting Bank 1.

I had an X2.1 Pro modchip and each bank configuration could be flashed by setting the bank select switch appropriately.  The modchip supported any combination of 256KB, 512KB or 1MB BIOSes.  If a bank was already in use, you could not reuse it for a different sized bank configuartion.

This is going to look bad I just know it... (edit: not too bad.  However, I'm going to try and make it look even better!)... Better - not much though.

+-------+-------+------+
| 256KB |       |      |
|-------+ 512KB |      |
| 256KB |       |      |
|-------+-------+ 1 MB |
| 256KB |       |      |
|-------| 512KB |      |
| 256KB |       |      |
+-------+-------+------+

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

Thank you for all of this information. I will hold out before doing any of this as I dont want to do anything until i fully cimprehend what I am doing. I am most likely making it harder than it actually is, but i just dont want to mess up this nice box that i scored.

Do you have a copy of the OGXbox installer?

Have you tried to load that disk?

Can you FTP to the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Do you have a copy of the OGXbox installer?

Have you tried to load that disk?

Can you FTP to the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have a copy in the disc drive now

1 minute ago, Oreos420 said:

I can ftp as well. I ftpd coinops massive to drive f on the ide drive as a test.

It only took 3 hrs

That's about a normal time.

What is the default dash board you are using?

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Have you tried the bigger hard drive in the Xbox in the Xbox?

It may work and if that's the case lets leave the BIOS as is (If it's not broken there is no need to fix it.)

If it is now working correctly then we will look at flashing the mod-chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Same issues as with the last console wheni hook it up. I get the flubber screen and then the disc drive starts making a crazy sound like it cant read the disc. No prompt for a new hdd detected like i see in yt videos.

Edited by Oreos420

2 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Same issues as with the last console wheni hook it up. I get the flubber screen and then the disc drive starts making a crazy sound like it cant read the disc. No prompt for a new hdd detected like i see in yt videos.

When you have the new drive( make sure the HDD is set to master) connected put the OGXBox installation  DVD in the drive and power down for 60 seconds

Now power on the Xbox and after 15 seconds the led should go red and about 15 -30 seconds later the OGXbox installation disk should boot.

The old ise drive is working for now though.

Do you mean the drive that came with the Xbox?

I do still need to try to clear the partition of the drive though as suggested in the other thread.

Lets see what happen in the 1st step

Do i need to edit an ini to get the dash to see coinops? I plan on switching to xbmc4gamers anyway.

Editing the ini to change the default dash is for the Ind5004, X2-5035 bios's

The is a app on the installation dvd also to change the default dash.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

Will give this a shot tomorrow though i am startimg to think that this hdd is not compatible since i have had this issue on 2 consoles now.

What make/model of HDD and can you post a pic of the sata2ide adaptor if you are using one

Cheers

SS Dave

52 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

I will upload pics tomorrow but here is the adapter i have.
StarTech.com IDE to SATA Hard Drive or Optical Drive Adapter Converter - 40-Pin PATA to 2.5" SATA HDD / SSD / ODD Converter (IDE2SAT2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EOJNGC2/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_glt_i_J289YVWCP1ZR25ZD47CM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This news will put you at ease

I removed a 250gb HDD from a Xbox 360 to test in a OG Xbox (the test unit is 1.4)the problems you are having and the OGXbox installer disk will NOT load is just sits there searching for something is the same here.

I loaded up Slayers 2.7 install disk and it load and it reports the HDD as all drives empty (0 used, 0 free) And I tried to load a live app but it will not load and just sits there looking dumb(doing nothing)

I am thinking there is something on the MBR (Master Boot Record)on the drive causing the problem. If you ask Mr. Google about MBR removal he will point you to several methods, You have nothing to lose.

Cheers

SS Dave

I would try that here but I want to keep the HDD in the Xbox 360.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I removed a 250gb HDD from a Xbox 360 to test in a OG Xbox (the test unit is 1.4)the problems you are having and the OGXbox installer disk will NOT load is just sits there searching for something is the same here.

Here I would say that the Kernel swap of the OGXBox installer causes this behavior. The MakeMHz Edition should boot on the same XBox no problem but you are still not be able to make any changes.

I loaded up Slayers 2.7 install disk and it load and it reports the HDD as all drives empty (0 used, 0 free) And I tried to load a live app but it will not load and just sits there looking dumb(doing nothing)

Like I wrote in a different topic, Slayer can boot with a HDD which is locked to another XBox but the drives will show up as empty and you can't format these or even see whats on there. Looks like Slayer (EvoX) just ignore the HDD completely.

As far as I'm aware, the XBox 360 HDD's have a special security sector. Maybe these can cause problems in some cases? Never tried a XBox 360 HDD on a PC. I just throw a 1TB in my 360 and she works fine (without any mod).

I just connected the 250gb Xbox 360 HDD to a PC and it's not locked and FATXplorer can see it but is getting upset because there is NTFS directorys on the drive and want's to remove them.

EaseUS HDD tools reports the HDD is unpartitioned so dose dose winwoes

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1