OGXbox.com

What did I just get?

Oreos420

A X2.6 mod chip

2 X 512kb bios

To update you need to flash both banks in one file as an example mine has EvoxM8 and X2-5035 and to flash both bios file a combined to one 1024kb (1meg) file

And that switch assembly fits prefect under the power button, see the cuts on the back of the switch PCB line up with the case

Like this

PXL-20210520-034145071.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Update:

So I scored this from craigslist for free. The owner claimed it did not boot and tge disc drive wouldn't open. I decided to get it anyway (he never mentioned it was chiped or modded at all.) He left it outside in a chair for me. I was surprised to see the bank board when i got there.  Here is a photo of the inside when i opened it. It has a WD 200 gb ide drive in it. But it is making some loud moises when reading files.

20210519_203505.jpg

Edited by Oreos420

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

A X2.6 mod chip

2 X 512kb bios

To update you need to flash both banks in one file as an example mine has EvoxM8 and X2-5035 and to flash both bios file a combined to one 1024kb (1meg) file

And that switch assembly fits prefect under the power button, see the cuts on the back of the switch PCB line up with the case

Like this

PXL-20210520-034145071.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

So what are the dofferent banks for?

What size is the HDD ?

My guess is around 500gb or under

The other could be the drive is not formatted correctly

The main reason for the bank switches would be to boot to different dash boards and the off switch was to load the stock bios for Xbox Live.

Cheers

SS Dave

47 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

So what are the dofferent banks for?

Seeing that it's a 1.6 you really only have 2 choices of BIOS file 1 is the EvoxM8 plus and there is a X2-5035-16, I would just use the EvoxM8 Plus

It's getting up there as one of the dirtiest I have seen in a while.

The WD200gb will be getting close to it's end of life if it's making noise when loading, You will need to reflash the bios as that one will not support a large drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Yeah this thing was dirty! It was no wonder the previous owner thought it was dead. I am going to have to learn how to flash these bios before I attempt since i seriously noobed the hell out of my last console.it has the evox logo at boot in the top corner.

Im glad this came chiped already. I feel so much closer to coinops now.  I have my 250 gb sata ready to go in. First i need to finish cleaning and check out the disc drive anf see if it works or not.

Edited by Oreos420

16 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Also noticed drive g has an err 3

20210519_210055.jpg

Error Code 3 is an error code that appears when the Xbox cannot find the specified path.

There must be no G drive available but the dashboard settings has it enabled; thus, the replacement dashboard - AvaLaunch's File Explorer cannot find it resulting in Err: 3 being displayed.

Note: The Xbox error codes like this one match with Windows error code numbers:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/debug/system-error-codes--0-499-

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND

3 (0x3)

The system cannot find the path specified.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

A X2.6 mod chip

2 X 512kb bios

I am not quite understanding the flashing as one file part. Do both banks work together? Id like to get this updated and able to read my sata hdd.

2 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

I am not quite understanding the flashing as one file part. Do both banks work together? Id like to get this updated and able to read my sata hdd.

With that chip both banks need to be flashed at the same time.

If you try and flash bank 1 it will fill the whole chip with the same file then both banks will be the same.

Flash this file to the mod chip and try it

https://1fichier.com/?bhl5z566exi7jv5v5w3a

Both banks are the EvoxM8 bios suitable for large hard drives, one bank is the stock EvoxM8 bios the other is the way I have the bios set.

You can also try this one it's the EvoxM8 and the X2-5035 for the version 1.6

https://1fichier.com/?hriqzuv1170fquhbyj3g

The  X2-5035 should have a configuration file on E drive

x2config.ini

Set the Flash Protect to Off then you are good to flash.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

I believe with the X2.6 you can flash either bank separately by setting the bank select which to it and writing/flashing a 512KB bios dot bin file to it.  Or, if you have bank 1 selected you can write a combination of two 512KB sized BIOS dot bin files to flash then entire 1MB available on the modchip (2 x 512KB BIOSes).

Most modified Xbox BIOSes are only 256KBs in size.  There are several methods to create a 512KB BIOS which is simply 2 copies of the same BIOS one after the other.  Two are as follows:

1. In a cmd.exe window, use the copy command with the /b (binary) option as follows:

• copy /b 256KB_bios.bin+256KB_bios.bin 512KB_bios.bin

substitute the name of the 256KB BIOS you want to combine into the 512KB named dot bin file for the output.

You can create a 1MB dot bin file by copying 4 256KB BIOSes into one output file or combination of 256KB and 512KB dot bin files as needed.  Each of the two 512KB sections (starting at offset 0 or 512KB of the file) must contain the same BIOS:  2x - 256KB (BIOS 1) + 1x - 512KB (BIOS 2), 1x - 512KB (BIOS 1) + 1x - 512KB (BIOS 2) or 1 - 512KB (BIOS 1) + 2x - 256KB (BIOS 2).  The 2x 256KB BIOSes need to be the same BIOS dot bin content to have two copies of it stored one after the other.

2. X2BM - X2 BIOS Manager

Load the 256KB BIOS into two consecutive banks - Bank: 1 and Bank: 2 or Bank: 3 and Bank: 4.  Or, for the only 512KB sized BIOS - X2 5035 load it into Bank1 and Bank2 or Bank3 and Bank4 by clicking on Bank1 or Bank3 and opening it with the Open iconin the Selected Bank Options section.  The 512KB BIOS will load into two consecutive 256KB banks - Bank 1 & 2 or Bank 3 & 4.

838266686_X2BMwithoutanyBIOSesloadedintothe4banks.JPG.a5ebf2da9a244205a7522b9ebb6add5d.JPG

The BIOS must start on an evenly divisible 512KB sized region.  You cannot have the 512KB BIOS held in Bank: 1 and Bank: 2 - 2 256KB banks in the middle of the 1MB flash with one 256KB bank before it and another after it.  

When you start X2BM, at least for me, WIndows UAC prompts me if I want to allow the program to make changes to the System.  I click on Yes (I need to find once again how to grab a screenshot of the UAC prompt.)  On Windows editions later than XP (maybe Windows 7) you will get the following error message - ignore it for now by clicking OK.

1583493598_IO.DLLErroronWindows10.JPG.da4ef49e3b3621ae20651a3081ac7439.JPG

Note: With this error present, you will not be able to use X2BM to flash an X2.x Pro modchip with this app which uses a bi-directional parallel printer port connection from the PC to the modchip.

Right-click on a bank to load a 256KB-sized BIOS's dot bin file into it.  Then, after all the banks are filled, making 2 - 512KB-sized BIOSes in Bank: 1 and 2 plus another in Banks: 3 and 4 highlight/select them all to save a 1MB dot bin file using the Selected Bank Options section of the application to save the dot bin file.

437964064_512KBand256KBBIOSescombinedtocreatea1MBdotbinfile.JPG.0feea3aa677d7228dca7afe14d4d6b28.JPG

The first two banks contain the X2 5035 512KB sized BIOS (<Unknown> is displayed because the application's MD5 hash list does not contain the value for the X2 5035 BIOS) and banks 3 and 4 hold 2 copies of the same Evox M8plus BIOS (These two banks are correctly ID'd since the MD5 hash is in the app's MD5 list - any change to the distribution version of the dot bin file will chaneg the hash and they will again shows as <Unknown> until you add the hash value to the app - click MD5 button in the Image Options section to add a hash to the app).  With all 4 banks selected as shown, click Save in the Selected Bank Options section to write a new 1MB size dot bin file used to flash the entire 1MB flash of the X2.x modchip - Bank 1 is selected on the modchip's bank select switch.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

I noticed there is an option to flash on this dashboard that is installed.

I believe you are talking about the replacement dashboard - Evolution-X aka Evoxdash.  It can flash the modchip.  The settings for the bank sizes and flash chip to be programmed are set in the dashboard's configuration file - evox.ini. (evoxdash cannot flash a Sharp or Winbond flash memory chip.)

The BIOS dot bin files are stored in a subfolder on the Xbox hard drive where the dashboard is locationed.  For example if evoxdash.xbe is in C:\, create a C:\BIOS subfolder and upload the dot bin files of the BIOSes into that folder. When you select the Flash BIOS option in the dashboard's menu, the list of available BIOSes will be displayed.  Again, it's been some time since I've flashed an X2 modchip with evox dash.  I thought you could flash each 512KB bank separately - Bank 1 or Bank 2 for an X2.x Lite modchip by selecting the bank to flash with the modchip's bank select switch.  Wait to see what @SS_Dave says about doing so.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Wait to see what @SS_Dave says about doing so.

Thank you for all of this information. I will hold out before doing any of this as I dont want to do anything until i fully cimprehend what I am doing. I am most likely making it harder than it actually is, but i just dont want to mess up this nice box that i scored.