OGXbox.com

Unable to boot on HeXen.

daffyyy

Hello everyone,

I received an OG xbox that i bought on internet in perfectly working conditions and never been opened, i have just finished the installation of an OpenXenium chip on it.

here some pictures of the installation just in case:

spacer.png

spacer.png

After the chip installation i have flash an EvoX m8+ .bin on it using the webServer, and now i try to boot on HeXEn for installing the dashboard on the HDD but here came the problem,

i start the consol, launch EvoX  the animation show with the EvoX logo on the top left but after 20 to 30 seconds the Microsoft logo appears and finally boot on the default dashboard, i link a video in case i'm not clear.

For the DVD i use a Verbatim DVD-RW 4.7go, 4x speed vitesse.

I have try to:

• Burn the DVD on OSX with lowest speed (x2) and max speed (x4), not able to boot on HeXEn
  • Burn the DVD on Windows using ImgBurn with lowest speed (x1) and max speed (x4) not able to boot on HeXEn
  • Testing DVD drive with a legit xbox game no problems it launch with no issues.

Do you have any idea where the problem could come from or if there's another solution for installing a dashboard on the HDD ?!

the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u2zkcr7Ds8

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Use DVD - R inestead of RW which most drives have problems with ( I personaly didn't have any drive that can read them).

You could also FTP a new dash but you may need to flash a new bios or at least make and place a new shortcut.

I will try the DVD-Rs and keep you posted here, Thanks 🙏

5 hours ago, daffyyy said:

For the DVD i use a Verbatim DVD-RW 4.7go, 4x speed

As it has been mentioned use a DVD-r I use Verbatim DVD-r and have no problems also write the disk as slow as the burning software will allow.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I've used DVD-RW successfully with Hitachi. Its actually my first choice as both my my most used Xboxes have Hitachi disc drives.

Two different brands tested and Verbatim DVD+RW.

It's actually simpler to say which disc drives don't like DVD-RW: Samsung F and Philips (...35/21). They don't like DVD+RW either and neither does my Thomson.

From that YT video: you're using a Philips. So that is the most likley reason the DVD-RW won't boot.

DVD-R is the only confirmed universally Xbox disc drive compatible.

Weird though - I don't know how the Open Xenium operates but offering EvoX as a dash before you've installed a dash on the HDD, maybe someone can enlighten me as to how that works.

What I'd try is if the DVD-R does the same thing try cold booting the disc rather than whatever you're doing now. HeXEn from disc does take 20 - 30 seconds to boot. That is normal.