OGXbox.com

First time tsop help

Oreos420

Seriously, how do you guys do this! Credit to those that can. It is so small and my fat fingers and bad eyesight aren't going to get this done. Lol. Hopefully i do better on the next system with a tsop. At least i got a good working disc drive.

Also hopefully this next one iant a 1.6. I doubt i could do the lpc rebuild.

Edited by Oreos420

2 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Seriously, how do you guys do this! Credit to those that can. It is so small and my fat fingers and bad eyesight aren't going to get this done. Lol. Hopefully i do better on the next system with a tsop. At least i got a good working disc drive.

Also hopefully this next one iant a 1.6. I doubt i could do the lpc rebuild.

I use a floor standing lighted magnifying glass to be able to see what I'm doing.

Worked wonders years ago.  I'd like to find one with higher magnification since it doesn't seem to work as well as it did 20 years ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Seriously, how do you guys do this! Credit to those that can. It is so small and my fat fingers and bad eyesight aren't going to get this done.

Things you may consider to buy are a magnifying glass (Like Kaos wrote), a set of tweezers (Amazon has some "cheap" set's of ESD ones which have there limits but they will do the trick) and a soldering iron (good and cheap one is the TS12, TS100 or the PINECEL (which is almost the same as the TS100). If you like to lvl up get a standalone hot air station. After that you are ready to do almost anything you like. It just need some practice and you will see it isn't that hard. I personaly had never belived that I can do ram upgrades or pad rebuilds but now they didn't scares me anymore. That said, don't trash your board. The time comes where you are able to fix it and you will laugh how easy that was. ;)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Things you may consider to buy are a magnifying glass (Like Kaos wrote), a set of tweezers (Amazon has some "cheap" set's of ESD ones which have there limits but they will do the trick) and a soldering iron (good and cheap one is the TS12, TS100 or the PINECEL (which is almost the same as the TS100). If you like to lvl up get a standalone hot air station. After that you are ready to do almost anything you like. It just need some practice and you will see it isn't that hard. I personaly had never belived that I can do ram upgrades or pad rebuilds but now they didn't scares me anymore. That said, don't trash your board. The time comes where you are able to fix it and you will laugh how easy that was. ;)

Thanks, yeah not trashing it. Gonna hold on to it or give it to someone who wants the ram chips. Getting another console tomorrow so hopefully i do a better job. Now that ive made my mistakes i know where to correct them with all thanks going to the community.

3 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Thanks, yeah not trashing it. Gonna hold on to it or give it to someone who wants the ram chips. Getting another console tomorrow so hopefully i do a better job. Now that ive made my mistakes i know where to correct them with all thanks going to the community.

I would fix the damaged one for you but you need to pay return post to Australia.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I would fix the damaged one for you but you need to pay return post to Australia.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Might take you up on that in the future. Gonna need to save up a bit as i have spent quite a bit on this venture for this month.