OGXbox.com

First time tsop help

Oreos420

It looks like the R7D1 link has not taken properly

Your really only option now is a mod chip.

As you don't own a soldering iron yet when you get one practice soldering on a old circuit board for a while before you try fitting the mod chip.

With the Aladdin chip I link the BT on the mod chip to ground as this makes the chip always active, I also link the D0 point on the bottom of the board to ground

The main reason for making the chip disabled was to boot the stock bios for Xbox Live and that's log gone plus the onboard bios is not working now.

The BT link on the mod chip

834476288_AladdinBT.thumb.jpg.c569470932dd9f92f9f278378edd70ef.jpg

The D0 link on the main board.,

Your board is the 1.2-1.4  (pic on the right) and use the alternative D0 point, just add a link like the black line.

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

The Aladdin chips come pre-flashed with a EvoxM8 bios to get you started.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

It looks like the R7D1 link has not taken properly

Your really only option now is a mod chip.

As you don't own a soldering iron yet when you get one practice soldering on a old circuit board for a while before you try fitting the mod chip.

With the Aladdin chip I link the BT on the mod chip to ground as this makes the chip always active, I also link the D0 point on the bottom of the board to ground

The main reason for making the chip disabled was to boot the stock bios for Xbox Live and that's log gone plus the onboard bios is not working now.

The BT link on the mod chip

834476288_AladdinBT.thumb.jpg.c569470932dd9f92f9f278378edd70ef.jpg

The D0 link on the main board.,

Your board is the 1.2-1.4  (pic on the right) and use the alternative D0 point, just add a link like the black line.

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

The Aladdin chips come pre-flashed with a EvoxM8 bios to get you started.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you for this information! And thanks to all in this community! I am very thankful for all the help that I have recieved here. I am getting my setup this weekend ao i will practice for a while and hopefully i get a success story feom all this. I have been watching and reading for hours so wish me luck!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oreos420 said:

Correct me if i am wrong, are you saying that i dont need to run the d0 wire to the aladin chip? I just need to gound it to the metal part of the screw area?

Yes that's right 

The D0 on the mod chip is just grounding the D0 point on the main board when ever the chip it active anyway.

And the reason I suggest the alternative D0 point is it's bigger and easier to solder to.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Update: i got everything Soldered nicely until i got to D0. I lifted the pad. Guess this is toast now.

That's a common thing that happens with noob's learning to solder, it is normally the iron is to hot and you held the iron on the pad to long.

You need to link the 2 via points to complete the trace

The via points are the small holes at the red arrows and that's the 2 points that need to be linked

PXL-20210510-100902077.jpg

I have found if you get a piece of multi core speaker wire or multi core cat5 cable and strip the insulation off and use 1 strand it will poke in the holes at the via point.

You will need to scrape the green paint of the board with knife to expose the copper trace before you solder the wire.

The single strand of wire will not be insulated so some tape on the board is needed to stop it shorting out to the other traces.

Once you have linked the 2 arrows you will need to also link one end to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

That's a common thing that happens with noob's learning to solder, it is normally the iron is to hot and you held the iron on the pad to long.

You need to link the 2 via points to complete the trace

The via points are the small holes at the red arrows and that's the 2 points that need to be linked

PXL-20210510-100902077.jpg

I have found if you get a piece of multi core speaker wire or multi core cat5 cable and strip the insulation off and use 1 strand it will poke in the holes at the via point.

You will need to scrape the green paint of the board with knife to expose the copper trace before you solder the wire.

The single strand of wire will not be insulated so some tape on the board is needed to stop it shorting out to the other traces.

Once you have linked the 2 arrows you will need to also link one end to ground.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks for this. The 4th one down is partially lifted as well. Can i solder that back into place or do I need to do some trace fixing there as well. And when I have the wire soldered into the holes, will this tell it to boot from the lpc? 

If the trace is not broken then leave it. If it's broken then fix it the same way.

With the D0 on the board grounded that makes the Xbox load a bios from the LPC port.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

I cant imagine someone would pay for a botched mb.

That has many reasons (Get hands on ram, TSOP chip etc.). But in this case it would be because it's an easy fix.

You could also can expose the coppper at end end where the pad was a little more and solder a tiny bridge between them.

Here are 2 tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhyMUO4q3A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ref9JHUf-uw

After that you solder a wire from one of the via's at the end to ground and you have fixed your XBox.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

That has many reasons (Get hands on ram, TSOP chip etc.). But in this case it would be because it's an easy fix.

You could also can expose the coppper at end end where the pad was a little more and solder a tiny bridge between them.

Here are 2 tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhyMUO4q3A and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ref9JHUf-uw

After that you solder a wire from one of the via's at the end to ground and you have fixed your XBox.

These tutorials helped alot! Looks much easier than i was imagining.