OGXbox.com

First time tsop help

Oreos420

About to tsop my 1.2. i have the latest og xbox installer disc, my 80 wire ide cable is ready to go, soft mod is in place, I have my sata 2.5 inch adapter and 250 gig hdd to put in. I also have my xonductive paint for the tsop. I have seen all the tutoruals on yt that i can find but i am stuck with wondering if i should use evox or ind bios. This will be my first time tsop flashing and adding a bigger drive. I havent even seen whats on the ogxb disc yet.  Is there a tutorial on ogxb installer? Or any other suggestions?

Edited by Oreos420

Once you have added the two links.

When you go to use the conductive plaint I suggest you clean the locations with isopropyl 1st then use a tooth pick to apply several coats.

1877068435_TSOPlink.jpg.e31fca8c3e1841953018509b87abc02e.jpg

You can then reassemble and reflash the onboard bios.

I would use the iND5004.67 bios file as this will work with a hard drive up to 3tb(2.2 useable) and is easy to configure it.

The only problem with the paint is it can dry out and flake off after a while.

On the OGX installer disk there is a flash bios menu look in the Flash modchip/ TSOP (2.2)  and use the iND bios from there.

If you want to reuse the old HDD you can load the installer disk again and unlock it so it can be used in a different box

When that's complete you can swap the new drive in to the Xbox and power on with the OGX installer disk in the DVD drive

You then need to format the HDD with the final step is install a dash

I have a preference to the xbmc4gamers but you should at least try the other dashes and pick one you like then one you have selected your dash then load up some games and enjoy.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

So with the new drive i will be able to use it unlocked. And after i have it formatted and dash installed, I then can use fatxplorer to transfer my large files on to the drive and then done.

Yes that is correct.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Once you have added the two links.

When you go to use the conductive plaint I suggest you clean the locations with isopropyl 1st then use a tooth pick to apply several coats.

1877068435_TSOPlink.jpg.e31fca8c3e1841953018509b87abc02e.jpg

You can then reassemble and reflash the onboard bios.

I would use the iND5004.67 bios file as this will work with a hard drive up to 3tb(2.2 useable) and is easy to configure it.

The only problem with the paint is it can dry out and flake off after a while.

On the OGX installer disk there is a flash bios menu look in the Flash modchip/ TSOP (2.2)  and use the iND bios from there.

If you want to reuse the old HDD you can load the installer disk again and unlock it so it can be used in a different box

When that's complete you can swap the new drive in to the Xbox and power on with the OGX installer disk in the DVD drive

You then need to format the HDD with the final step is install a dash

I have a preference to the xbmc4gamers but you should at least try the other dashes and pick one you like then one you have selected your dash then load up some games and enjoy.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real 

I am running into an issue. When i hook up the new hdd, the system wont read the install disc or detect a new drive. It just freezes at the splashscreen or goes to an error screen with error 21.

2 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

I am running into an issue. When i hook up the new hdd, the system wont read the install disc or detect a new drive. It just freezes at the splashscreen or goes to an error screen with error 21.

Make sure the IDE-to-SATA adapter is set as the MASTER device on the IDE bus.

• Thanks 1

I copied my c drive feom the old hd to that folder.  As far as i know it just says error. I am done messing with it for the night and will have to continue tomorrow. I can get a screenshot of it posted tomorrow. I feel like if it can see it i should be able to write to it. Its a xbox 360 2.5 in hdd. Im starting to think its not compatible.

Edited by Oreos420

10 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Did you reflash the bios?

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

Nothing. The TSOP is already empty and how it looks not writable. I would guess (huge guess here) that there is something wrong with your conductive paint.

So there is nothing you can do. Power down the xbox disconnect the power cord. Give her some seconds and power her back on and see what happens. If she starts to blink you are left with a blank TSOP and you would need to fit a mod chip in your XBox. You are not able to restore the original TSOP without desoldering the TSOP an using a external programmer to write a new Bios to it.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Thanks 1

Got ya. Yeah thats where i am at now. I even re-applied more xonductive paint before i tried. Well now i get to learn a new skill.

The aladin chip seems to be a pretty easy install if i am careful. I can get one delivered tomorrow. 

Edited by Oreos420

2 hours ago, Oreos420 said:

Got ya. Yeah thats where i am at now. I even re-applied more xonductive paint before i tried. Well now i get to learn a new skill.

The aladin chip seems to be a pretty easy install if i am careful. I can get one delivered tomorrow. 

Does the console boot or FRAG (eject ring flashes red and green are a couple of reboot cycles)?