OGXbox.com

Hello everybody

I am new here and new with Xbox at all

i just get xbox crystall ( belive its 1.5 or 1.6 have no idea how to check it without opening) and  i thought that i wana softmoded it  (for a start)

my colegue said i gona find help here so i try :)

can annybody  give me some clues  how to check is my xbox 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.6b   how to start  ( i found that i need a special cable for usb stick and splinter cell game for special save) is that the only one way to soft mod?

it so many  diferent videos   (i am not a lazy i star reading about it  seen some video but hope maybe sb  here give me a helpfull hand)

Thanks.

• Like 1

Follow the above, rocky 5's softmod tool is hands down the best. least bloated simplest kit you can use IMO

All you need to know will be associated with Rocky5's softmod.

once you have that done there are many different ways to set up what you want.

but i would start with that.... if this is your first time softmodding an XBOX i am very happy for you. be patient, take your time.

honestly. id plan on opening that xbox and installing a bigger hard drive right out of the gate, you may want to order a startech ide2sat like right now.

there is a chapter in this book about identifying your revision which i find very helpful.
it has been my road map seeking out earlier revision hardware, you cant go wrong if you want the earlier stuff buying a 2002.. lol. but it gets challenging to identify between 1.5 1.6 1.6b based on date IMO

regarding the method of softmod, i've found the game save exploit to be very straight forward and fool proof.

its all in the preparation. and once you have the usb set-up plan to dedicate that stick to this. if you ever need to fall back on it. there it is.

look to secure a usb thumb drive of less than 4GB (i found that a challlenge!! ended up ordering overpriced 256mb stick on ebay)

• Like 1

Depending upon the build date you can generally tell if it's a 1.4 or 1.6.  After April 2004

Serial number format: LNNNNNN YWWFF

L = Production Line # in this factory
NNNNNN = number of Xbox on that line produced this week
Y = Last digit of year (200Y)
WW = week of the year produced
FF = Factory (02 - Mexico, 03 - Hungary, 05 - China, 06 - Taiwan)

1.4/1.5 production starts in 2003 Week 30 til production of 1.6's started.

1.6's production started in 2004 Week 20 onward till end of production in 2005.

LNNNNNN 33WFF

1.4, 1.5

LNNNNNN 42WFF

You can also look for the presence or absence of the motherboard mounting post below the serial number sticker:

See https://imgur.com/a/HM6PU

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had a soft mod Xbox about 10 years ago but found it unreliable and kept losing data not sure if this has been fixed or not. i will be attempting a hard mod shortly as i got a free xbox of a mate and wont be losing anything if i mess up but i cant see it being an issue, even tho i have 1.6:4_joy: