OGXbox.com

FTP Transfer Errors?

Darkspade

Hello , Ive been transfer my games over to a WD green 2tb HDD through FTP .. Everything goes good until I get to a point an games transfers start to error out.. I noticed in the Game Folders weird off symbols that are not in the folders.. Photo of HDD.. Would you say the HDD is Corrupted? I also thought I seen a WD green fix for OG Xbox but cant seem to locate it.. Thanks for any help

Was the hard drive formatted with Xbpartitioner 1.3 twice?

You need to format large drives with Xbpartitioner and the 1st format set the drive size (partition 6 and 7) 1 or 2 gig  smaller from the maximum size then power cycle the Xbox, Now format again at maximum size.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

ok I'll give that a try thank you .. no i just did it once after install.. I just seen i can also you  FATXPlorer to Transfer games..I do get filesystem corrupted error on that app..  i thought that was for x360 only.. so that works... thanks again.. i give it a shot

4 minutes ago, Darkspade said:

ok I'll give that a try thank you .. no i just did it once after install.. I just seen i can also you  FATXPlorer to Transfer games..I do get filesystem corrupted error on that app..  i thought that was for x360 only.. so that works... thanks again.. i give it a shot

I only use FTP for 10gb and under other wise it's Fatxplorer as long as the hard drive is unlocked.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:07 PM, Darkspade said:

FATXplorer beta 3.0 is for the original Xbox.  Make sure you download the correct version.

How large are the files you are uploading to the hard drive? 

If it's a single dot ISO file larger than 4.7GBs, they are not in the proper format to upload to the hard drive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, KaosEngineer said:

FATXplorer beta 3.0 is for the original Xbox.  Make sure you download the correct version.

How large are the files you are uploading to the hard drive? 

If it's a single dot ISO file larger than 4.7GBs, they are not in the proper format to upload to the hard drive.

sorry didnt see you wrote... I was just uploading like 30 xbox games (Folder Version). Something most be Corrupted cuz Xbox Emustations keeps failing only when Scanning the Xbox games. (on G) it scans F perfectly fine

Highlight either partition then press B it will make both drive equal then press Start to format the partitions 6 and 7.

When it's finished power cycle the Xbox and check again it should not have the ER any more

Cheers

SS Dave

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Highlight either partition then press B it will make both drive equal then press Start to format the partitions 6 and 7.

When it's finished power cycle the Xbox and check again it should not have the ER any more

Cheers

SS Dave

ok that worked.. showed 64 now.. reinstalling some games and Roms again.. will update.. thanks guys

1 hour ago, Darkspade said:

So I got everything loaded to the HDD but i get a Script error trying to scan games.. I switched hdd since i read the HDD may have something corrupted.. but with new hdd DVD drive going crazy trying to load OG installer

What brand / type is your new HDD? ANd why is your DVD drive going crazy? Can you load other DVD's?

52 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

What brand / type is your new HDD? ANd why is your DVD drive going crazy? Can you load other DVD's?

Well now it powers on and off Twice then stays on flashing red/green - Fixed looked like the Pinheader solder on the button was hitting metal (weird) - NVM it's back. .. Also noticed Mod chip wasn't Lighting up.. but was working  hmm

if i hooked up the Original it was booting the disc fine.. If i plugged in a ssd or a sata WD hdd it sound like the Laser was just moving back and forth.. then after about 5 mins it through a Error 21

Edited by Darkspade

On 6/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, Darkspade said:

Well now it powers on and off Twice then stays on flashing red/green - Fixed looked like the Pinheader solder on the button was hitting metal (weird) - NVM it's back. .. Also noticed Mod chip wasn't Lighting up.. but was working  hmm

The Led on the mod chip gets it's power from the 5 volt supply so you may have a bad solder joint on pin 6.

1292688628_XboxLPCpinout.jpg.017c9582b21d80b32fdd602fbd869b6a.jpg

When you run with the original HDD is the led on the chip working?

On 6/15/2021 at 1:37 PM, Darkspade said:

If i plugged in a ssd or a sata WD hdd it sound like the Laser was just moving back and forth.. then after about 5 mins it through a Error 21

Sounds like the Sata to Ide may be damaged 

Service Error 21:
Info: This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag. This error seems to show up more often when hacking/patching/customizing the original dashboard.

Solution: You probably are running the wrong dashboard for your Xbox version. Use the 'HQ Auto Installer Deluxe' to reinstall your Retail M$ Dashboard.. It should fix this error no matter which Xbox version you have.. If not try downloading another Retail M$ Dashboard. 

I still think the sata2ide adaptor.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 6/16/2021 at 5:20 AM, SS_Dave said:

The Led on the mod chip gets it's power from the 5 volt supply so you may have a bad solder joint on pin 6.

1292688628_XboxLPCpinout.jpg.017c9582b21d80b32fdd602fbd869b6a.jpg

When you run with the original HDD is the led on the chip working?

Sounds like the Sata to Ide may be damaged 

Service Error 21:
Info: This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag. This error seems to show up more often when hacking/patching/customizing the original dashboard.

Solution: You probably are running the wrong dashboard for your Xbox version. Use the 'HQ Auto Installer Deluxe' to reinstall your Retail M$ Dashboard.. It should fix this error no matter which Xbox version you have.. If not try downloading another Retail M$ Dashboard. 

I still think the sata2ide adaptor.

Cheers

SS Dave

sorry late reply got busy.. maybe it was bad connection but i got that SSD xbox rolling.. 

this other one that turns on and off. Should i make a new post?
does the DVD and HDD need to be hooked up when testing..

The Mod chip was working but wasn't showing power. Maybe i can wire power from another Point?

spacer.png

19 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The solder joints on the LPC could use a bit of a rework with some flux paste.

What mod chip is it?

Cheers

SS Dave

I have aladdin XT and a Open xenium.. Since it seemed like the Chip wasnt getting Power I ran a Wire from the 5v on Power Supply Connecter to the v5 point from your Image and now it boots..