OGXbox.com

MakeMHz HDMI combines with 128 MB RAM

bot_1

12 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

All of that makes sense, I admit. I'm just accustomed to having full access to the filesystem of any device I use and it makes me feel better and more in control. Also makes it easier to run 720p versions of games, since you can just drop the 720p version of the .xbe in the root folder of the game (even make a shortcut to it) and just execute it. No work, other than FTPing the executable over. Makes it easier to modify game contents as well, rather than extracting an iso, modifying contents, repacking and transferring back to the box. Ya know?

Your point about cluster sizes is taken, though.

Maybe it would be more fair to say that it's a preferrable way to do things rather than a "superior" way for certain people.

When it comes to the games that only run as an emulated disc, then I would obviously be reliant on ISOs for those... but that's IT, man. 😛

For me who builds a ton of xboxes for people cerbios xiso would be best since its only 2 files per game.  My 8tb cerbios master clones faster than my 4tb titan master due to how many files are in some folder games.  Huge difference in time saved.  Compressed iso might be a cerbios thing later on as well and this would mean set on 4tb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

For me who builds a ton of xboxes for people cerbios xiso would be best since its only 2 files per game.  My 8tb cerbios master clones faster than my 4tb titan master due to how many files are in some folder games.  Huge difference in time saved.  Compressed iso might be a cerbios thing later on as well and this would mean set on 4tb.

Man, you must mod a LOT of xboxes. Lol. Efficiency must be key.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

128MB, MCPX heatsink... and did you polish the jewel? It looks like it just came out of the box. How are you funding your console purchases? Are you reselling consoles, or are you just rich? Lol.

I did polish the jewel :)

Been modding n repairing for years bud.  Been blessed with what seems like endless work last few years.  90% of the stuff I work on is customers gear.

Heat sink $1 china

Ram x4 $10 or less China

Capacitors 50 cents ish

Leds 50 cents or less ish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie-Burger said:
1 hour ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Been modding n repairing for years bud.  Been blessed with what seems like endless work last few years.  90% of the stuff I work on is customers gear.

Heat sink $1 china

Ram x4 $10 or less China

Capacitors 50 cents ish

Heat sink $1 china

Ram x4 $10 or less China

Capacitors 50 cents ish

But who are your customers? And how do you get them? That's so awesome.

Did you TSOP that Halo console? And what method do you use to polish the jewel? 

All the sets of RAM I've seen are 30-40 bucks! I do get lucky sometimes and get a good deal on them here on the forum. Where are you getting yours? And what heatsink do you use? 

10 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

But who are your customers? And how do you get them? That's so awesome.

Did you TSOP that Halo console? And what method do you use to polish the jewel? 

All the sets of RAM I've seen are 30-40 bucks! I do get lucky sometimes and get a good deal on them here on the forum. Where are you getting yours? And what heatsink do you use? 

Offerup, Ebay, Facebook, Return customers, referrals etc.

The halo is tsop with Cerbios 2.03R and HDD is 4tb Seagate Barracuda

I simply used a cloth and some 91% ipa, nothing special - The console is in really good shape.

Ram is $2 a module on ali

Heatsink $1 ali

17 hours ago, Donnie-Burger said:

I simply used a cloth and some 91% ipa, nothing special - The console is in really good shape.

Heatsink $1 ali

Man. AliExpress really does have everything, doesn't it? My halo console has a perfect case, but a jewel that's clouded with miniscratches. I'll have to find some sort of plastic polishing compound.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Man. AliExpress really does have everything, doesn't it? My halo console has a perfect case, but a jewel that's clouded with miniscratches. I'll have to find some sort of plastic polishing compound.

Was gonna link you to a shop on etsy that has a bunch of jewels but it states the shop is taking a break.

7 minutes ago, Donnie-Burger said:

Was gonna link you to a shop on etsy that has a bunch of jewels but it states the shop is taking a break.

I saw some on etsy, but the ones I saw had a curved upper edge instead of the hard edge. It just didn't look accurate... unless you're talking about a listing I missed?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the MakeMhz HDMI upgrade aswell as 128mb RAM upgrade, I run the M8+ bios, I have two biases loaded onto the OpenXenium modchip. First is patched M8+ to support 128mb RAM and the otheris just normal M8+ for the 64mb RAM.

Some games I've found won't run properly on the 128mb bios.

Example I have to run Steel Battalion on the 64mb bios

And Steel Battalion Line of Contact on the 128mb bios.

Weird I know but it still works.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:37 AM, Donnie-Burger said:

Heatsink $1 ali

Is Aliexpress a good place to get supplies? i keep hearing mixed reviews about it.

Bought loads of stuff from Aliexpress over the years. The trick is read the buyer reviews. If it looks bad it probably is.  That said apart from a few late deliveries and a couple that just disappeared, and one that was just plain missing the parts listed, its all been fine.   

The disappeared orders were all either refunded or replaced, the only one I ever had issue with was the one who only delivered half of the tool set I ordered.  Ironic as it is the parts missing were the only ones I really needed.  The seller wanted me to send it back to china and only gave me 48 hours to do so.  Shipping would have cost hundreds and would have still been tight.  Aliexpress were not helpful as just kept saying the seller needed to work it out or would I like some money back.   Eventually my back clawed the funds. Then 3 months later Aliexpress issued a refund. .?  
Managed to buy the missing parts from the UK manufacturer of the tool who apparently have them made in china and that seller also sells them on Aliexpress.

So with a bit of effort a win win for me.

Certainly when it comes to batteries and certain electronic components, you have to beware. Test purchases seem to be a good idea that many use.

Motorola MC68060 processors seem to be a favourite of the forgers. Often your expensive 060 is in fact an 030 or worse.  Reworked Intel CPUs are in the same bag.  Bizarrely some cheap chips that only cost a dollarbuck a time and they counterfeit them and sell just under the retail price.

Be careful of auto parts as some are junk, but as with the tools its a market where some of the companies making the stuff for European and American  companies and markets sell direct.

Edited by big F

16 hours ago, big F said:

Certainly when it comes to batteries and certain electronic components, you have to beware. Test purchases seem to be a good idea that many use.

Motorola MC68060 processors seem to be a favourite of the forgers. Often your expensive 060 is in fact an 030 or worse.  Reworked Intel CPUs are in the same bag.  Bizarrely some cheap chips that only cost a dollarbuck a time and they counterfeit them and sell just under the retail price.

Be careful of auto parts as some are junk, but as with the tools its a market where some of the companies making the stuff for European and American  companies and markets sell direct.

Seriously, 68000 series processors are counterfieted NOW? That's so obscure and odd. I know about GPUs and newer intels, but THOSE? Wow.

21 hours ago, big F said:

Bought loads of stuff from Aliexpress over the years. The trick is read the buyer reviews. If it looks bad it probably is.  That said apart from a few late deliveries and a couple that just disappeared, and one that was just plain missing the parts listed, its all been fine.   

The disappeared orders were all either refunded or replaced, the only one I ever had issue with was the one who only delivered half of the tool set I ordered.  Ironic as it is the parts missing were the only ones I really needed.  The seller wanted me to send it back to china and only gave me 48 hours to do so.  Shipping would have cost hundreds and would have still been tight.  Aliexpress were not helpful as just kept saying the seller needed to work it out or would I like some money back.   Eventually my back clawed the funds. Then 3 months later Aliexpress issued a refund. .?  
Managed to buy the missing parts from the UK manufacturer of the tool who apparently have them made in china and that seller also sells them on Aliexpress.

So with a bit of effort a win win for me.

... Your back CLAWED the funds? Holy shit.

3 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Seriously, 68000 series processors are counterfieted NOW? That's so obscure and odd. I know about GPUs and newer intels, but THOSE? Wow.

... Your back CLAWED the funds? Holy shit.

Yup can do that on my bank account, most credit cards can.  The sales of goods act protects purchasers in the UK.  The item was not as described, and due to parts missing was not fit for its intended purpose.  The bank said as the seller was not willing to supply the one part that was missing, but wanted you to spend £60 to send the whole unit back to then get a £40 refund. That it was not conforming to UK retail regulations.  Therefore here is your money back.

Re 68k chips, its because anything not a 7mhz base chip is desirable.  The fakers. Do various  things from re etching the codes on them to trying to make actual working fakes or just solid hunks of resin with gold connections on.

A last gen 68060 can fetch a couple of hundred pounds on eVilbay.  Dont get me started on prices for Amiga custom chips. Back in the 90’s CIA chips could be bought for less than ten quid each and by then were not produced anymore now people think nothing of paying 40-50 each, you need two of them and they are prone to failure if mis treated.  Oh and the fakers fake them also.

Edited by big F