OGXbox.com

Help with IND-BIOS 5003.67 1tb G Drive partition and table

hands_groober

There is a partition table so that looks good.

Partition 7's maximum size is limited to 1,024 GBs. 

Edit: Make sure that the G drive is enabled in the replacement dashboards you are using.

Note: If you later upgrade to a 2TB HDD, you have to split the extra space above the stock Xbox HDD's partitions (1-5 - 8 GBs) equally between partitions 6 and 7 - 927.78 GBs each.  Neither extended partition can be over 1,024 GBs (1 TB) in size using 64KB clusters.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There is a partition table so that looks good.

Partition 7's maximum size is limited to 1,024 GBs. 

Edit: Make sure that the G drive is enabled in the replacement dashboards you are using.

Note: If you later upgrade to a 2TB HDD, you have to split the extra space above the stock Xbox HDD's partitions (1-5 - 8 GBs) equally between partitions 6 and 7 - 927.78 GBs each.  Neither extended partition can be over 1,024 GBs (1 TB) in size using 64KB clusters.

Im going to back up my data and reformat the 5th and 7th partition. Ill try the same format I have now (6th partition 16kb clusters and 7th partition 64kb clusters)

I will also split the extended partitions equally (two 32kb clusters). It will take some time to move my game files to my nas. Ill let you know the results probably next year 🙄 (or hopefully sunday)

Edit: G drive was enabled in other dashboards. Still no detection of the drive

Edited by hands_groober
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

that makes no sense to me...

Apologies. You had asked to make sure that G drive is enabled in the replacement dashboards I use.  I enabled G drive from within the other dashboards. I still wasn't able to access the G drive when using the iND-BiOS

Edit: I'm assuming you mean that if I use EvolutionX dashboard for example. That I should enable G drive in the settings

Edited by hands_groober

Are you using the iND config file I sent you?

This is using the X2-3035.67 bios on the X2.6 chip and config file on E drive from the file I sent you.

PXL-20210507-215825067.jpg

And this is using the iND5004.67 bios on the X2.6 and config file on C drive from the file I sent

PXL-20210507-215930952.jpg

The Patch number is different but the end result it the same.

Also the file manager program (boXplorer v0.96)comes bundled in the xbmc4gamers is not G drive patched so it will not show G drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, hands_groober said:

Im going to back up my data and reformat the 5th and 7th partition. Ill try the same format I have now (6th partition 16kb clusters and 7th partition 64kb clusters)

I will also split the extended partitions equally (two 32kb clusters). It will take some time to move my game files to my nas. Ill let you know the results probably next year 🙄 (or hopefully sunday)

Any reason you don't make just a F drive of 940gb and not have a G drive?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Are you using the iND config file I sent you?

Yeah I followed your instruction. I moved the config files to there appropriate directory, flashed the bios and booted into each bios.

With the X2 bios I could access G Partition in xbmc4gamers and other dashboards (emustation, avalaunch)

With the iND-BiOS I had the same issue as before. No G partition.

I also flashed with FlashX and Xblastos just to be sure something wasn't happening there. No difference.

17 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Any reason you don't make just a F drive of 940gb and not have a G drive?

I thought initially that I had to have two seperate extended partitions for HDD's over 500gb's for that to work properly. I've realised that is only needed for HDD's over 1tb. So there is no reason I cant make one single extended F drive. Once I backup my data I will try a few different scheme's and see if the extended drives are detected in the iND-BiOS.

Ok on the EvoxM8

I only use FTP for under 4gb or 5gb and I would pull the HDD from the Xbox and connect to a PC then use Fatxplorer to copy the files to a USB hard drive or a internal HDD in the PC unless your PC has a gigabyte or optic fiber connection the the NAS.

Cheers

SS Dave

On 5/7/2021 at 4:08 PM, hands_groober said:

Apologies. You had asked to make sure that G drive is enabled in the replacement dashboards I use.  I enabled G drive from within the other dashboards. I still wasn't able to access the G drive when using the iND-BiOS

Wasn't really clear in my post.  What makes no sense to me is that G is not showing up when you boot the console using the ind-bios.

Edit: I'm assuming you mean that if I use EvolutionX dashboard for example. That I should enable G drive in the settings

Yes, most every replacement dashboard has its own configuration file which has an option to enable/disable access to the G drive.  Therefore, you have to make sure it's enabled in each one.  However, if booting a different BIOS, X2 5035, has access to G then booting ind-bios too should have access.

What's the MD5 hash of the ind-bios 5003.67 BIOS's dot bin file that you flashed?

The one available from xbins.org's FTP server from the dev team is 957D2306EB6563EB9C986566C8EA871B.

Edit: Oops, that's not going to help.  You modified the BIOS to change the location it looks for the configuration file.  Thus, the hash will be different. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:23 AM, SS_Dave said:

I only use FTP for under 4gb or 5gb and I would pull the HDD from the Xbox and connect to a PC then use Fatxplorer to copy the files to a USB hard drive or a internal HDD in the PC unless your PC has a gigabyte or optic fiber connection the the NAS.

I did like you said. Took out the drive, connected it to a sata to usb adapter and used Fatxplorer. Much quicker and no issues backing up F+G. Thanks

Ive been tinkering about with XBPartitioner. These are the extended partition schemes that I've tried in XBPartitioner. All within iND-BiOS 5003.67.

• F Drive - 120gb, 16kb Clusters. G Drive - Not Used  ***Working*** 
  • F Drive - 924gb, 64kb Clusters. G Drive - Not Used ***Working***
  • F Drive - 462gb , 32kb Clusters. G Drive - 462gb, 32kb Clusters *** Working***
  • F Drive - 120gb, 32kb Clusters. G Drive - 803gb, 64kb Clusters ***Not Working***

I have also tried a number of custom schemes. It seems that if I change G drive to anything beyond a 32kb cluster then iND-BiOS will not detect it.

More information for anyone that reads this. My hard drive is a Western Digital 1TB WD10EZEX and I am using an 80 conductor IDE ribbon.

I'm happy to split the drive equally into F+G. Is there anything you guys want me to try before I start to fill the HDD again?

That is strange as I found the same model drive from a old Xbox with a 80 way cable and a chinse adaptor that has Evolution dash and using the same chip with the same bios file on a 1.4 board  I sent you the G drive is available with both the X2-5035 and iND-5004 . F dive is 123gb and  G is 822gb

I would go the F only but it's your drive so use whatever works for you.

Cheers

SS Dave