OGXbox.com

Help with IND-BIOS 5003.67 1tb G Drive partition and table

hands_groober

Hi again

Following up on my previous post about mt ram upgrade. Ive ran into another issue.

I have installed a 1tb HDD. Prior to upgrading my ram I had already formated the with F partition taking 120gb and G partition taking the rest of the space. I have filled F partition with xbox games which has taken quite some time. Ive now realised that IND-BIOS 5003.67 will not read G partition.

M8 bios will read the G partition but then i wont be able to take advantage of my extra ram. From what Ive read it is to do with how my G patition table is written. If this is the issue, is there any way I re-write the partition table without disturbing the data?

IMG_20210505_222422_595.jpg

The iND5003 should be fine with the G drive, Where did the iND5003 file come from?

I normally use the iND5004.67 and you also need a config file on C drive for the iND bios.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The iND5003 should be fine with the G drive, Where did the iND5003 file come from?

I normally use the iND5004.67 and you also need a config file on C drive for the iND bios.

Hi Dave

I got the bios from sweetdarkdestiny's OGXbox Installer disc. I have an edited config file on my E Partition with the bios pointing to it. It all seems to work fine (edited blob etc.)

I havn't tried the 5004.67 yet. ill give it a try now

Thanks

Unfortunately that hasn't worked.

Some more information. I have and x2.6 modchip. Two bios banks. In order to flash the iND-BiOS I create a config file with IND-Bios Config App v0.4.30 and change and point the bios to E partition where I keep the config file. I then change the bios size to 512k so I can fit two 512k bios on my modchip. Then I flash it with FlashX V1.2 Xecuter.

Maybe I have caused an issue in this process?

Thanks

This contains the 2 bios files I have on my X2.6 chip and the Config files I use and both are set to load xbmc4gamers as the 1st dash

There is a folder called C drive put the ind-bios.cfg file on C drive in the root directory and do the same for the E drive folder

The folder called Flash this bios has a bios file to flash to the mod chip and it has the X2-5035.67 as well as the iND5004.67 bios files

Bank  is the iND5004.67 and Bank 2 is the X2-5035 bios

There is also the X2bm_v23 program that is used to combine the bios file in to one file but you will not need it.

https://1fichier.com/?vfxj4v7hgx0v09dlrq6b

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

Making progress. The X2 bios works. Its detecting my additional ram and also detecting G partition and its contents.

The iND-BiOS however still isn't detecting the G partition. Strange. I guess I can just stick with the X2 bios. Is there any other troubleshooting I could do to figure out why the iND-BiOS isnt working as intended?

Thanks very much dave

Where about's are you looking for the G drive as when I press the black button in xbmc4gamers it shows me the G drive and the file manager also shows G drive.

This is a 2tb drive I am working on and using the same bios I sent you.

PXL-20210506-005003254.jpg

PXL-20210506-004940172.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

I boot into 4Gamers from the iND bios. I press the black button and it says G: Unavailable. When I enter the file manager and try to click on the G partition it says something like Remote Share: Unavailable or path dosnt exist. Not just in 4Gamers but any other dashboard also the same result. No access G partition.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow. Unfortunately I have work in the morning so I need to go to sleep.

Speak tomorrow. Thanks for your help

15 hours ago, hands_groober said:

Hi Dave

I got the bios from sweetdarkdestiny's OGXbox Installer disc. I have an edited config file on my E Partition with the bios pointing to it. It all seems to work fine (edited blob etc.)

I havn't tried the 5004.67 yet. ill give it a try now

Thanks

ind-bios's configuration file ind-bios.cfg goes in the top-level folder of the C drive, not E.

Edit: Unless you modified the BIOS to look for it on E.

15 hours ago, hands_groober said:

Unfortunately that hasn't worked.

Some more information. I have and x2.6 modchip. Two bios banks. In order to flash the iND-BiOS I create a config file with IND-Bios Config App v0.4.30 and change and point the bios to E partition where I keep the config file. I then change the bios size to 512k so I can fit two 512k bios on my modchip. Then I flash it with FlashX V1.2 Xecuter.

Maybe I have caused an issue in this process?

Thanks

Which version of Windows were you able to run the INID-Bios Config App on? 

Everytime I try to run the exe file it tries to install Printmaster 16 on my Windows 10 PC.

Second, does it actually modify the location the BIOS looks for its configuration file?  I always have it on stored at C:\ind-bios.cfg.

edit: After cancelling PrintMaster 16 installation attempts multiple times (6), the app finally displayed its main screen.  I ee you can change the location of the xbe files in the boot order list but nothing about changing the location ind-bios looks for its ind-bios.cfg file on the hard drive - C:\ind-bios.cfg.

edit 2: I finally found the menu option that allow one to change the location of the CFG file:

• Injector > Change .CFG Path in Bios

After you changed the path, did you flash the updated dot bin file to the modchip?

I'm not sure all of the features work in the iND-BiOS Config App.  I'll have to try it on my modchip and see what happens then post the results.  However, I won't be today to get to it today.

Hi guys

14 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

On the Installer are only 67 bioses (F+G).  Could you tell me which of the 5003.67 you have flashed with which config so that I can take a look at the config?

It was the bios labeled "iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin" 256k. I believe I used the config file in bios/indconfig/untouched. However, I edited this with the config app.

My intention is to have two iND-BiOS. One to boot to 4Gamers and one to boot to Emustation. I could then switch between them with the X2.6 bank switch. So to do this I created two config files "ind-config-b1.cfg" and "ind-config-b2.cfg". I then edited the bios files within the iND-BiOS config app to point to each of these config files on E partition. I had no reason to change the directory of the config files other than thats were the rest of my files where (dashboards, apps etc).

They do seem to work. Each with differently edited flubber animations and colours. The only ceveat being that they aren't detecting G partition. Great work on the installer disc!

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which version of Windows were you able to run the INID-Bios Config App on? 

Everytime I try to run the exe file it tries to install Printmaster 16 on my Windows 10 PC.

I'm on windows 10 also. I cant say I had any issues running this app. It all seemed to work fine.

Second, does it actually modify the location the BIOS looks for its configuration file?  I always have it on stored at C:\ind-bios.cfg

Yes there is this option. There reason I wanted to use this feature is so I can run two instances of the iND-BiOS with their own configuration

After you changed the path, did you flash the updated dot bin file to the modchip?

Yes I did. I kept a known working bios on one bank and flashed my edited iND-BiOS to the other bank. The seems to work to my knowledge but just wont detect the G partition. I have also tried Sweetdarkdestinys un-edited iND-BiOS and config file within the C partition. Still the same result, no G partition.

I'm not sure all of the features work in the iND-BiOS Config App.  I'll have to try it on my modchip and see what happens then post the results.  However, I won't be today to get to it today.

I appreciate your time. I cant help thinking that Ive made an error when formating the new hard drive. Im going to post a couple more pictures of XBPartitioner

Thanks

Notice in this picture with a bios that detects the G partition you can see the cluster size in the extended partition

IMG_20210506_120944_668.jpg.9bff3f02c8f24f6000cdbf4592ec93ec.jpg

Then notice in this next picture with the iND-BiOS the cluster size is missing

IMG_20210506_120752_872.jpg.9f8760f285decc50472ece9c4e40d25d.jpg

Edit also the LBA48 patch is defferent (v3 and v16)

Edit SS_Dave these pictures are with the bios you sent me. The first image being the X2 bios and the second being the iND-BiOS

Edited by hands_groober

The drive has the right cluster size for the space used

I would have made one drive (F drive) or two drives with even sizes

If you highlight partition 6 and press B that will make Part 6 and 7 the same size then use the Dpad right to reduce the size by one or two steps of each partition then press start to format when the format is finished power cycle the Xbox and reload Xbpartitioner and highlight partition 6 had Dpad left to set it 462gb and the same for partition 7 or you can set partition 6 maximum by pressing A the do the same reduce by 2gb to 922.06 then start to format and reboot and reload Xbpartitioner and the set partition 6 to 924.06 then format.

You will lose any thing of F and G  drives and the 2nd method you will just have a F drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Why not use 2 different bios like the one I sent you and have have X2-5035 for xbmc4gamers and iND5004 for Emustation and then you can set the dash you want in the config files.

Cheers

SS Dave

55 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If you highlight partition 6 and press B that will make Part 6 and 7 the same size then use the Dpad right to reduce the size by one or two steps of each partition then press start to format when the format is finished power cycle the Xbox and reload Xbpartitioner and highlight partition 6 had Dpad left to set it 462gb and the same for partition 7 or you can set partition 6 maximum by pressing A the do the same reduce by 2gb to 922.06 then start to format and reboot and reload Xbpartitioner and the set partition 6 to 924.06 then format.

I could reformat. I have about 800gb of data which I need to backup before I reformat. This will take quite some time so im not too keen on that

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Why not use 2 different bios like the one I sent you and have have X2-5035 for xbmc4gamers and iND5004 for Emustation and then you can set the dash you want in the config files.

Is it possible to have two instances of X2-5035 with two different config files?

4 minutes ago, hands_groober said:

I could reformat. I have about 800gb of data which I need to backup before I reformat. This will take quite some time so im not too keen on that

Is it possible to have two instances of X2-5035 with two different config files?

No with the X2-5035 but you could use 2 EvoxM8 bios file and have them load different Dashes

You can edit the boot order using EVTools 

https://1fichier.com/?7nflp98ojyszcxtq54aw

This is the EvoxM8 bios file I use

https://1fichier.com/?1a5i1ttf85jrh5an7nu7

This is a screen shot of EV tools and the way I have the tick boxes as it makes for a quick boot

You edit the 1st boot to the dash you want and as a fail safe I make 2nd to load evoxdash.xbe

EVTool-pic.jpg

Then using the X2bm_v23 you can combine the 2 BIOS files in to 1 and then flash that to the modchip.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, hands_groober said:

That is probably a good idea as both the bios I sent before read correctly in xbmc4gamers on my 2tb hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

7 hours ago, hands_groober said:

Then notice in this next picture with the iND-BiOS the cluster size is missing

IMG_20210506_120752_872.jpg

In XBPartitioner move the selection up to partition 7 so it is highlighted, what cluster size is displayed in to bottom box:

• Will use NN KB clusters

Edit1: I believe the start of partition 7 should be 10000000 instead of 0FFFFFFF. edit2: However, my hard drive's partition 7 starts at 0FFFFFFF too.

Edit1 (cont.): Run Evoxdash and run the System Utils > Backup menu option.  

Download the Backup/disk.bin file to your PC, open it in a hex editor. 

Is there an XBPartitioner v1.3 partition table in the first 512 bytes of the file?

It should look something like the following:

219550559_XBPPartitionTableonHDD.JPG.964cd98dfdb5ce5ba05a5fb8fbc5dd73.JPG

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

That is probably a good idea as both the bios I sent before read correctly in xbmc4gamers on my 2tb hard drive.

I think I might do this. I have it in my head that something went wrong during the format of the hard drive. I would hate for my game files to somehow become corrupted.

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

In XBPartitioner move the selection up to partition 7 so it is highlighted, what cluster size is displayed in to bottom box

The cluster size of the 7th Partition is 64kb. Heres a picture of the disk.bin contents.

disktable.png