OGXbox.com

3D Printed Startech IDE Adapter Case

Baggashite

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, joublogs said:

I've had no luck with any of them yet (even the "official" startech ones), but that aside, I've found the suggested off brand ones on wish dot com.

-j

I ended up running across a US seller on eBay with a decent discount on bulk orders. Not the usual kind I get so we will see when they arrive. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the design. I've never had anything 3D printed and the are some settings I don't understand. What should Infill be set to? The 3D printing service I want to use has it set to 20% by default. The material I've chosen is PLA+ which I believe is suitable for this application.

Edited by amak79

• 1 year later...
51 minutes ago, lopenator said:

lmao I'm so mad about that.still need a psu

I bet you are. Lol. I would be too! I think it’s crazy we can’t find that part. Hell I can’t even find that specific psu rev which is wild. 

As to the case I like it a lot. I need to do this. I’ll need to get a 3D printer first. Lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

I bet you are. Lol. I would be too! I think it’s crazy we can’t find that part. Hell I can’t even find that specific psu rev which is wild. 

As to the case I like it a lot. I need to do this. I’ll need to get a 3D printer first. Lol

I have a resin printer and an FDM printer. I'll print it for free and only charge you shipping.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Thanks! I may take you up on that Bowl. :D I do seriously need to just buy a good 3D printer though. I’ve put it off long enough. Lol. Any suggestions?

I have the Elegoo Neptune 4. Its cheap and it's fast as hell. Nice quality too. Much better than the Creality Ender series.

For resin, I have the AnyCubic X6Ks.

Edited by Bowlsnapper
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

You still printing these?? I'd love a couple if you are. I will gladly pay for them :)

5 hours ago, Thairanny said:

I printed one of these cases, the model for this part is spectacular! Really well designed. Idk if anyone else ran into this problem though:

The big silver thing (I think it's a quartz crystal) on the startech PCB makes it so the left side of the SATA adapter does not sit flush with the body. It also makes the pins for the ribbon cables sit at an angle. I think I might just cut out a slit. Curious if you guys ran into the same thing and if the design needs a revision. I tried all sorts of readjustments it is definitely touching the crystal.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

I printed a few of these and this was the result:

PXL-20240118-024401855.jpg

That's bullshit. Am I missing something here? @NeMesiS @Dtomcat18

There is no support for this section. The model is printed upside down, compared to this. How can I support these areas in my elegoo slicer? What should I be looking for?

36 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Never used that slicer… but you should be able up manually add supports (I’ve never seen a print that included the supports). 

you could also flip print to reduce the amount of supports needed 

I can't, because what you see on top would not be able to be supported by anything and I would just have strings a half inch above the bed. This is the only way I can really orient it. I'm using cura and I can see support settings in the setting menu, but it is only to enable the options in the UI. I enable all to be viewable (why they would do this I have no idea. maybe to make it easy for stupid people?) and they will not become viewable. So I can't add the damn supports because the UI is a piece of shit.