OGXbox.com

Anyone else having this issue ?

Kup

Hello, recently soft modded (rocky5) my Xbox, with no problems, upgraded the HDD to 250GB, and swapped the dash location to C:\Dashboard changing the dash to Evox.

The issue is - upon boot the flubber animation plays, the Microsoft logo appears at the bottom, and then a black screen for about 10 or so seconds.

Was wondering is this a common thing, or if not is there a possible fix ?, maybe such as showing the Xbox logo screen until the dash loads.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as i remember, it was booting correctly, or at least i didn't notice the black screen originally.

And i think the hard drive was formatted correctly, all partitions have populated OK, it shows up correctly in Xbox partitioner 3,

and everything works and loads from the different partitions,

except for this hanging black screen upon boot for around 10 seconds, before the dash loads.

Although not the end of the world, everything works and the HDD upgrade went OK, would have been nice not to have that black screen.

Also swapped the dashboard location to E:\Dashboard, and restored the original soft mod dash, and still the black screen shows for about 10 secs.

Depends how much you have on the HDD too but, particularly if the new HDD is SATA and you're using a SATA adapter you will notice that boot up is slower. After the Xbox/MS logo screen it will go blank for 10 -30 seconds before the dash appears.

With my 320GB WD (Blue) SATA HDD with about 70GB of free space now my UnleashX dash takes about 20 seconds to appear. On my 'kitchen' Xbox which has a 160GB Seagate IDE HDD and about 100GB of free space my XBMC main dash logo appears only a few seconds after the Xbox/MS logo has faded.

In short: what you're seeing sounds pretty normal.

• Thanks 1

Hello HDShadow, thanks for the reply/confirmation.

Have had a few tsop/chipped consoles in the past, and the difference seems to be that,

with those the Xbox logo screen hangs until the dash appears, which i prefer over the black screen.

Anyways its not really a big problem,  was just asking in hope of a possible fix.

Once again thanks for the confirmation.