OGXbox.com

MS Dash Repair possible?

vicicarus

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I can't seem to make the MS Dash boot via the .xbe I am trying to launch if from C:/MS Dashboard/default.xbe I upgraded the HDD and transferred files back but not sure why it isn't booting anymore!? Could file be corrupted? Can it be repaired?

XBOX v1.0

X3 Chip/X3 Bios

UnleashX Dash

Edited by vicicarus
Didn't mention:

On a couple of random drives I looked at the M$ dash file is in the C drive root directory.

C:xboxdash.xbe or C:oemdash.xbe

Can you post a pic of your C drive 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That looks like a softmod C drive 

Also the size of the M$ dash is to small I think that's a shortcut (the M$ dash file on mine are about 1.8gb)

You should be able to install a M$ dash from any of the install disks (Ogxbox installer 2021)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

MSdashboard consists of 208 files in 20 folders/subfolders of 167MBs (176,010,630 bytes) in total size.

Clean_C_and_E_files_for_Xbox.7z

Don't worry about E, just upload all the content from the extracted C folder to your C:\MSDashboard folder.

Then rename xboxdash.xbe to default.xbe.

The default.xbe you currently have is simply an XBE shortcut.  You can tell by its size of 64KBs.

If you attach it to a post, I can take a look at it and tell you what xbe file it tries to run.

Thank you @SS_Dave and @KaosEngineer,

I did try the Ogxbox installer 2021 disk and it didn't fix the issue. I installed the dash from the disk and I even ran the fix dash on the disk. Not sure why but both options still gave the error 21. The options posted by @KaosEngineer did worked. I apologize I didn't back up the default.xbe 64KBs to post before hand as I didn't see the post and I ketp trying to find a solution. kept trying and trying to see if I could figure it out. I noticed that even with the installer disk, the file provided by @KaosEngineer had more files than what the disk installed for me. I found that odd. I'm sure the install disk should have the whole file structure on it.

I'm guessing its probably shortcut to E:\Backups or Apps\MS but its a very strange way to do something like that for actual use of the MS dash. From a folder on C:\ its not going to launch unless the UnleashX config.xml MS dash path was edited. Why would you put in a shortcut in that case and not the actual location?

The whole C:\drive is weird and it would be interesting to know how it ended up like that whether it was deliberate or accidental. The presence of a default.jpg and default.tbn suggests its been set up for both UnleashX and XBMC. That led me to wonder if the content of the MS Dashboard folder were the MS dash shortcut files that used to be provided with XBMC. But they're the wrong size even for that.

Anyway I've never understood how those XBMC shortcut were supposed to be used having two different .CUT files for softmods and chips/Virtual C. They didn't come with any instructions.