OGXbox.com

Does HDD unlocking allow me to PC transfer my backed up files.

vicicarus

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

If I unlock the HDD can I then connect the HDD to a enclosure and be able to transfer my HDD backup from my PC to the HDD? Can the PC read/detect unlocked HDD? FTP takes a bit long than I would like to transfer data. Would FATXplorer work in this case?

No,  you have to have a tool that understands the FATX filesystem.  Windows without a special application does not recognize an unlocked Xbox drive!

11 minutes ago, vicicarus said:

Would FATXplorer work in this case?

Yes, use the latest Beta 3 release of FATXplorer from eaton-works.com.  This Windows application which runs from the latest .NET 5.0 Desktop Runtime, not installed by default on Windows 10, knows how to read/write data from/to an unlocked Xbox hard drive.

FATXPlorer Beta 3.0

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/

Microsoft's .NET Desktop 5.0 Runtime

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/current/runtime?

Thank you @KaosEngineer and @sweetdarkdestiny for the replies,

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I have a X3 in the Xbox. I wasn't too sure about the HDD enclosure, was think I would have to plug directly into the motherboard.

Would I need to lock the HDD after of can I keep it unlocked?

Edited by vicicarus
For got to ask question.

20 minutes ago, vicicarus said:

I wasn't too sure about the HDD enclosure, was think I would have to plug directly into the motherboard.

I use cheap HDD enclosures for my HDD's as well (One 2.5 and one 3.5), never had any problems with it.

And you can keep your HDD unlocked. No need to lock them now days because XBLive is down.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny