OGXbox.com

Flashbios 3.0.3.bin and X3 3294 v16plus.bin

xealous

1 hour ago, xealous said:

My flashbios gives a blackscreen on my xbox 1.6 when I connect the TV with a component cable. I read that I need to update flashbios. Also, my F and G drives don't show, so I think I need the 1.6 version of X3. Anyone know where I can get these files?

Here is some documentation and the X3-3292 bios files.

https://1fichier.com/?49xvyoulamf8rjc8e5ru

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hade same problem to with cromwells Flasbios with Duox2 chip, i dont remeber wich one it was, Bank 1 or 2 (over a decade ago and i'm old now). One of the bank boot up to the flashmeny but not the other bank. I didnt know what to do, but in the end i did not used the component cable instead i used the another video cable that came along with Xbox (i'm living in in Sweden), with only red,white and yellow connection on the scart, then it showed both banks on boot. Flashbios is only a tool for flashing to a custom firmware to the chip so i only used this cable when i flashed it then i change back.

// X.B.O.X-Freak

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2021 at 3:41 PM, xealous said:

Thanks guys. I flashed flashbios 3.0.3 to the backup bank. Still won't display flashbios though. Any ideas?

You are powering on the console with both the power and eject button.  The X3 logo on the front panel should be backlit with purple light (both the red and blue LEDs should be on behind the logo creating purple light when mixed together).

On 5/9/2021 at 6:28 PM, SS_Dave said:

Is it a version 1.6?

Try holding the White button for about 20 to 30 seconds while powering on the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

With the X3 BIOS selected and the modchip enabled, the White button is used to start X3 Config Live (X3CL) if it is not enable to always start up when the console is powered on.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very oldtopic but today I got an 1.3 xbox with an xecuter 2.6 lite chip installed. I would like to install cerbios on it with Flashbiosv3.03. Is there a link where I can download it? Or is there a better way to flash the bios?

Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, Peppie said:

I know this is a very oldtopic but today I got an 1.3 xbox with an xecuter 2.6 lite chip installed. I would like to install cerbios on it with Flashbiosv3.03. Is there a link where I can download it? Or is there a better way to flash the bios?

Thanks in advance!!

Hera ya go on Cromwell. I am researching how you can flash the 2.6 and what methods there are. If somebody beats me to the punch then thank you.

https://mega.nz/file/N6sRiYqT#e-JN4F3lWQU9bCt5qX15UuOFvi_8EZtXXokmQRlraVI

11 hours ago, Peppie said:

Thanks in advance!!

Evoxdash's Flash BIOS option.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Hera ya go on Cromwell. I am researching how you can flash the 2.6 and what methods there are. If somebody beats me to the punch then thank you.

https://mega.nz/file/N6sRiYqT#e-JN4F3lWQU9bCt5qX15UuOFvi_8EZtXXokmQRlraVI

thank you. I have seen more people talking about cromwell with the xecuter 2.6. I have the lite version i think it says G3 on the chip. 

What I have understoon sofar youy have to build a bios upo to 1 MB. divided in to two banks which have to be filled completely. there is a build tool for it.

from what I understood it is best to build the bios with cromwell 256 KB+ cromwell256 Kb and cerbios 256 kb and cerbios 256kb then you have the cromwell flashbios onbank 1 and cerbios on bank 2. 

I am not sure why you shopuld have cromwell on the first bank and not for example cerbios udma4 on bank 1 and cerbios udma5 on Bank 2. But I will try.

a lot of shady stories though from people who bricked their chip somehow.....

My original first Xbox that I bought new in the day has a smartxx v2 chip that is a lot easier to understand!!!!.

Thanks for your reply!!

1 hour ago, Peppie said:

thank you. I have seen more people talking about cromwell with the xecuter 2.6. I have the lite version i think it says G3 on the chip. 

What I have understoon sofar youy have to build a bios upo to 1 MB. divided in to two banks which have to be filled completely. there is a build tool for it.

from what I understood it is best to build the bios with cromwell 256 KB+ cromwell256 Kb and cerbios 256 kb and cerbios 256kb then you have the cromwell flashbios onbank 1 and cerbios on bank 2. 

I am not sure why you shopuld have cromwell on the first bank and not for example cerbios udma4 on bank 1 and cerbios udma5 on Bank 2. But I will try.

a lot of shady stories though from people who bricked their chip somehow.....

My original first Xbox that I bought new in the day has a smartxx v2 chip that is a lot easier to understand!!!!.

Thanks for your reply!!

That is vaguely what I remember, yes. It's a pretty specific process. Would you mind posting how you used the bios build to and what you ended up flashing with?

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

That is vaguely what I remember, yes. It's a pretty specific process. Would you mind posting how you used the bios build to and what you ended up flashing with?

14 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Sure! I am going to read a little more first though.

I came across this post : unfortunately the pictures are vague:

link

it says in trhe text:

Now that you've got the basic tools, you just need the bios files.

1. Hacked Bios - You'll need to get into Xbins to grab these.

• If you own a v1.0-v1.5 you have tons of different options. I suggest looking around in the bios folder on Xbins.
  • For v1.6 you need EvoX's M8_v1.6 bios.
  • For v1.6b you need EvoX's M8plus_v1.6 bios.

2. Flashbios - we want this on there in case you want to reflash later with a different bios without having to purchase a programmer. You'll need to grab this off Xbins as well.

I do not know what flashbios is. it is as if it is a bios that makes it possible to flash again...

Edited by Peppie

1 hour ago, Peppie said:

Sure! I am going to read a little more first though.

I came across this post : unfortunately the pictures are vague:

link

it says in trhe text:

Now that you've got the basic tools, you just need the bios files.

1. Hacked Bios - You'll need to get into Xbins to grab these.

• If you own a v1.0-v1.5 you have tons of different options. I suggest looking around in the bios folder on Xbins.
  • For v1.6 you need EvoX's M8_v1.6 bios.
  • For v1.6b you need EvoX's M8plus_v1.6 bios.

2. Flashbios - we want this on there in case you want to reflash later with a different bios without having to purchase a programmer. You'll need to grab this off Xbins as well.

I do not know what flashbios is. it is as if it is a bios that makes it possible to flash again...

FlashBIOS is Team Xecuter's MS code free BIOS for their X2 or X3 modchips.  It is used to reflash a modified Xbox BIOS to them so you can do actual Xbox operations - play games.

FlashBIOS may or may not work with other modchips to flash a BIOS to them.  IIRC, FlashBIOS has a very limited list (2) of flash memory chips that it can reflash.

27 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

FlashBIOS is Team Xecuter's MS code free BIOS for their X2 or X3 modchips.  It is used to reflash a modified Xbox BIOS to them so you can do actual Xbox operations - play games.

FlashBIOS may or may not work with other modchips to flash a BIOS to them.  IIRC, FlashBIOS has a very limited list (2) of flash memory chips that it can reflash.

I've been trying to find the answer to this, but what is the easiest method of flashing the 2.6, in your experience? What is the Go-To method these days? The methods I've seen are from the early 2000s...

Here is what I did and it worked!!!

what i figurd is that the xecuter 2.6 needs a biois file from 1 MB. it flashes the 2 in one go. the banks are 512 and have to be filled. I did not test it thoroughly what would work and whatr not but her is what I did that worked:

I used a program to make a bios fro the xecuter 2.6 chip: X2BM_v23 ( link )

image.png.2360272fca73c36109e71428d673b235.png

I filled as shown. I filled the first bank with two times cromwell.bin and Bank 2 with two times the cerbios bios. I saved it and named it bios.bin

Then I copied it via FTP to the c drive of the xbox. I used Filezilla for that.

I made a directory bios in the root of C:\ on the xbox and place the bios.bin in there.

Then I took the OGXBOX installer disk en went for option 2 flash menu.  Then I went for 2.6 clean up previuos or failed IND/X2 bios. after I cleanded it I went for the option 2.8 bios tools . I used resctoox v6.0   then advancedmenu with the linux penguin. : then HDD Flash. It picked the C:\BIOS\bios.bin right away and started flashing.

I had the switches as follows:

Chip Enable:       on 

FLASH protect:  off

and bank 2 selected.

I wanted to select bank one but the xbox did not start well on bank 1 where cromwell was already flashed by previous owner.

I restarted the xbox and voila Cerbios was installed on bank 2 and the cromwell/flashbios in bank 1.

I tried it with a dvd where I  burnt the Bios.bin and a dummy file but that did not work because of the crappy bank 1 (corrupt?) of the chip.

Bank one is flashed with cromweel and bank 2 with Cerbios.

I installed XBMC4gamers and all is well!!!

Edited by Peppie
edit the link x2bm
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peppie said:

Here is what I did and it worked!!!

what i figurd is that the xecuter 2.6 needs a biois file from 1 MB. it flashes the 2 in one go. the banks are 512 and have to be filled. I did not test it thoroughly what would work and whatr not but her is what I did that worked:

I used a program to make a bios fro the xecuter 2.6 chip: X2BM_v23 ( link )

image.png.2360272fca73c36109e71428d673b235.png

I filled as shown. I filled the first bank with two times cromwell.bin and Bank 2 with two times the cerbios bios. I saved it and named it bios.bin

Then I copied it via FTP to the c drive of the xbox. I used Filezilla for that.

I made a directory bios in the root of C:\ on the xbox and place the bios.bin in there.

Then I took the OGXBOX installer disk en went for option 2 flash menu.  Then I went for 2.6 clean up previuos or failed IND/X2 bios. after I cleanded it I went for the option 2.8 bios tools . I used resctoox v6.0   then advancedmenu with the linux penguin. : then HDD Flash. It picked the C:\BIOS\bios.bin right away and started flashing.

I had the switches as follows:

Chip Enable:       on 

FLASH protect:  off

and bank 2 selected.

I wanted to select bank one but the xbox did not start well on bank 1 where cromwell was already flashed by previous owner.

I restarted the xbox and voila Cerbios was installed on bank 2 and the cromwell/flashbios in bank 1.

I tried it with a dvd where I  burnt the Bios.bin and a dummy file but that did not work because of the crappy bank 1 (corrupt?) of the chip.

Bank one is flashed with cromweel and bank 2 with Cerbios.

I installed XBMC4gamers and all is well!!!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting this and outlining it at least for me. @KaosEngineer had posted about it but this is the detail I was looking for. Your route was to flash through the cromwell linux bios, basically. Am I correct in assuming that you can now flash with flashbios 3.0.3 on bank one, but obviously with a flashbios/main-bios(Cerbios) premade 1MB file made on PC first, correct?

that is correct......most of it.

I used the cromwell you send me that is not 3.0.3 but 2.4. 

This I used only to "fill in" the bios file but also to be able tp flash it via this cromwell again. But actually I do not think it is neccessairy since it can be flashed with the ogxbox installer disk or to be more prcise rectoox (Gentoox) but other flash tools might work as well.

most important is I think as you mention the premade bios of 1 MB "consisting" of two banks of 512Kb. that is to be filled so if you have a 256 Kb bios just put it in there twice.

I used X2BM_v23 for that.

The Xbox seems to be very stable now (I am still not sure whether it is a 1.2 or a 1.3 it keeps telling me "busy" showing that info  in xbmc4gamers) At first when I bought it it was not starting up or just very short to stop again doing that multiple times and the third time it end in flashing the eject led red/green. Trying a few times eventually started it in the evox dash.But when I choose the original bios (modchip off) it always started right up. 

Still first thing was removing the clock capacitor and renewed the 3 big capacitors. Because that was the first thing I thought of when encountering this behaviour. turned out to be the chip I guess 

I wanted to thank you,Bowlsnapper for putting me in the right direction and KaosEngineer for his info about this chip elsewhere to be found on this forum.

Also Thairanny for his answer on this thread. I did not manage to find it on Pandora though but trying to help me is very much appreciated!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peppie said:

Also Thairanny for his answer on this thread. I did not manage to find it on Pandora though but trying to help me is very much appreciated!

Finding what one is looking for on the Xbins FTP server can be a daunting task.  There are so many files for many different consoles and stored under many different subfolders.

XBOX in this case is the xbins FTP server folder for all things ogXbox related.

For the most part, the subfolders there break down the content as to where it will reside:

- Console Based Applications for content that will run on the Xbox

- PC Based Applications for support tools that run on a PC.

There are a few other subfolders for Xbox tools; however, these two contain most of what modders seek.

In Console Based Applications, modified and original Xbox BIOSes are found in the subfolders of the bios folder.

Look in the developer's or BIOS named subfolder for the latest MULTI_VERSION BIOS (at least Xecuter and Evolution-X have a MULTI_VERSION subfolders, not all do). 

Make sure you get a BIOS that works on your console version. 

There are v1.0-1.4 and v1.6 compatible BIOSes.  And, not all devs released a BIOS that will work on v1.6 consoles.

For a v1.6 console, until recently with the release of CerBIOS, Evox M8plus (256KB BIOS) and Xecuter X2 5035 (512KB BIOS) not suitable to be used with all modchips were your only choices.

NOTE: Aladdin and cheapmod designs only have 1 256KB BIOS bank. Limiting you to EvoX's M8plus_16.bin BIOS.

I have a 1.6 with smartxx chip and flashed it with cerbios. Great bios for the fact I can run cci format games.

I might haveto open another topic for this but I wanted to copy a game frokm  my harddrive to my new xbox with the xecuterchip.

I have the whole cci library on my pc and installened on my 2TB drive in the 1.6 Xbox.  But....... I can not find the folder for the chronicles of Riddick escape from butcher bay......

I have searched it on the HDD from teh PC also on the HD from the xbox with filezilla but it is not there. The game shows up in xbmc4gamers but not in the filemanager....

very strange. I noticed when I only enable the foldername in the game view of xbmc4gamers it does not have a name. when I enable game name or both (game and folder) the name is shown under the image of the game.

I want to copy the game but cannot find it.... very odd!!! Maybe it is in a different folder name?

7 hours ago, Peppie said:

I have a 1.6 with smartxx chip and flashed it with cerbios. Great bios for the fact I can run cci format games.

I might haveto open another topic for this but I wanted to copy a game frokm  my harddrive to my new xbox with the xecuterchip.

I have the whole cci library on my pc and installened on my 2TB drive in the 1.6 Xbox.  But....... I can not find the folder for the chronicles of Riddick escape from butcher bay......

I have searched it on the HDD from teh PC also on the HD from the xbox with filezilla but it is not there. The game shows up in xbmc4gamers but not in the filemanager....

very strange. I noticed when I only enable the foldername in the game view of xbmc4gamers it does not have a name. when I enable game name or both (game and folder) the name is shown under the image of the game.

I want to copy the game but cannot find it.... very odd!!! Maybe it is in a different folder name?

Please create a new topic post in the correct subforum.

7 hours ago, Peppie said:

Press Y for Synopsis View and go to the Info screen.  It may show you the path where the game is installed.  I know it did on my older release of XBMC4Gamers; however, I did not have the artwork or synopsis info downloaded to my console.

I'm installing the latest version, updated within this last week with updates even a day of two ago, to see if the same thing happens with it.