OGXbox.com

what specific RAM is needed?

willis

Samsung K4D263238[M,D,F]-QC50 128Mbit DDR SDRAM (configured as 1M x 32Bit x 4 Banks) in a 100-pin thin quad flatpack (100 TQFP) package.  (4 pieces required, 2 top and 2 bottom of the motherboard, for the 64MB to 128MB RAM upgrade of v1.0-1.4 Xboxes.  V1.6 motherboards cannot be upgrade since they do not have the solder pad layouts to install the additional chips.)

Another source for them is UTSource.net:

Some modders have stated that you should match the part number of the particular die revision already installed on your console.    Others have said that mixing particular die revisions has worked for them while others don't. I don't recall the details of which work  well together and don't. The die revision is the letter M, D or F in the part number.

Thanks for the info Kaos! Nice and helpful to know

I can see myself getting the mod done to help with emulation purposes more than anything. I really hope it boosts playstation and N64

Is there any known homebrew being worked on that will take advantage of a 128mb?

Thanks for that Kaos! I see that it may be still in development to eventually run on stock 64mb

https://github.com/marty28/Half-LifeX

So now if it did run on stock 64mb, would there be a benefit for the 128mb? Other than having the ability to play it now instead of waiting haha!

2 hours ago, willis said:

Thanks for that Kaos! I see that it may be still in development to eventually run on stock 64mb

https://github.com/marty28/Half-LifeX

So now if it did run on stock 64mb, would there be a benefit for the 128mb? Other than having the ability to play it now instead of waiting haha!

A lot of textures are missing from objects when running in only 64MBs 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:30 PM, willis said:

Thanks for the info Kaos! Nice and helpful to know

I can see myself getting the mod done to help with emulation purposes more than anything. I really hope it boosts playstation and N64

Is there any known homebrew being worked on that will take advantage of a 128mb?

It makes absolutely ZERO difference when playing any original Xbox game. It makes ALL the difference with N64 emulation (can't speak for PS1 as I have never tried but I would imagine it is equally as beneficial). Donkey Kong 64 went from a stuttering freezing unplayable mess to a smooth running great functioning version of the classic. You won't be disappointed if emulation is your thing.

Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks but I have noticed a slight improvement with Xbmc4gamers dash when running 128 meg ram, it seems to be slightly quicker.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.