OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers

PV544

i just made a few... but they are only icons.jpg ....and the fanart i'm collection right now (but only for inside emulators).

For the background of the "apps/emulators/games/homebrew" structure i use only one static fanart.img for everything.

But hey, they are really easy to make - it's just a drag searching inside endless google images - but who wants to be pretty has to suffer ...or so ;-)

Edited by G-box

G-box,

Not bad! I am more of a fan of poster icons being the size of an actual retail game box. I will agree that Homebrews are seemingly uncharted territory as far as poster icons and fanart.

Here is my custom template. I currently use one that has an Xbox One font and icon, but I feel (just my opinion) now that I wan a poster icon to truly represent OG Xbox.3fb5bc7ab025dcd0a51a6bf52eda733e.jpg

I orientate my self on this setup (watch video below) - it's very clean in my opinion.

I found an other detail which i'd like to adjust but can't figure out - He changed the background in the gameselect screen to be a static picture background (instead of a chosen color) so that at bottom of the screen it stays (istead of a chosen color) You can see it from 0:09 sek. (PS: I'm not talking of the fanart of the games - i mean below the fanart ;-)

I guess changes have to be made somewhere: "Q:\skin\profiles skin\media\background\ ........"

• Like 1

damn son, u put in lots of work!!! It seems like you loaded that thing up with everything (...and its kitchen sink) you could find xD

HA! I see you also changed the background (inside 'xbox' games) to a static background - do you remember how you did that? Did you put something inside "Q:\skin\profiles skin\media\background\ ........" ?

I am currently adding all of my retail xbox games to my 2tb hdd. I have already fried a DVD drive [emoji20]

What a shame. I take it your Xbox now throws up an error code when booting up? 

I currently have 66 emulators, a bunch of homebrew, many PC ports, and 757 retail games on my 2TB.

7 hours ago, PV544 said:

It is weird, no error code but when I ripped Panzer Dragood Orta and a couple of other ones, the game loads but the screen looks torn and has lots of artifacts.  I erased it but I will try again and get a screen shot.

V1.6 Xbox it’s the scrambled screen bug. There is a script included with XBMC4Gamers to fix these problems games.

black button > setting > skin setting > script > XBMC4Gamers extras > 480p game loaders.

use the auto mode to scan you games for problem games and they get auto patched.

made it simple to use.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, XC-3730C said:

Any idea why many of the preview videos from the Resources4Xbox freeze the Xbox when played?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Low ram, make sure you’re using the latest version that doesn’t have 180 font entries lol ( ate up 12MB of ram )

also xmv isn’t fully supported in XBMC, as it uses the open source xmv codec. Since the official one is copywriter by MS. 

Is there a way to have XBMC4GAMERS to boot into the categories screen, rather than the retail games screen? I am starting to believe that since I have 757 retail games on my 2TB, that it could be the reason why man XMV videos aren't working, but I am probably wrong...I would also like to have separate sections for Xbox games #-F, G-M, etc

1 hour ago, XC-3730C said:

Is there a way to have XBMC4GAMERS to boot into the categories screen, rather than the retail games screen? I am starting to believe that since I have 757 retail games on my 2TB, that it could be the reason why man XMV videos aren't working, but I am probably wrong...I would also like to have separate sections for Xbox games #-F, G-M, etc

Edit startup.xml

For folders remove faster_game_loading.bin

Also games have nothing to do with it, depending on the size of the artwork you have, I recommend 212x300 for posters using lanczos as the resize filter..

• Like 1

Hey Rocky! Do you know how to change these?

- Inside game-select screen with the covers, how can i change the "title" of the game? For instance i want this title displayed as "The Lord of the Rings - . . . ." instead there is written: "LOTR"

- I changed the LED color on the console in every UnleashX-dashboard & Xbmc4Gamers setting to "green" but as soon as i start to play a game it changes to "orange". ???

1 hour ago, G-box said:

Hey Rocky! Do you know how to change these?

- Inside game-select screen with the covers, how can i change the "title" of the game? For instance i want this title displayed as "The Lord of the Rings - . . . ." instead there is written: "LOTR"

- I changed the LED color on the console in every UnleashX-dashboard & Xbmc4Gamers setting to "green" but as soon as i start to play a game it changes to "orange". ???

Above answered the first part.

the LED you need to set on your softmod or hacked bios. XBMC doesnt oatch the kernel when changing the LED. UnleashX does just like the softmod or hacked bios does. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 3:11 AM, G-box said:

I orientate my self on this setup (watch video below) - it's very clean in my opinion.

I found an other detail which i'd like to adjust but can't figure out - He changed the background in the gameselect screen to be a static picture background (instead of a chosen color) so that at bottom of the screen it stays (istead of a chosen color) You can see it from 0:09 sek. (PS: I'm not talking of the fanart of the games - i mean below the fanart ;-)

I guess changes have to be made somewhere: "Q:\skin\profiles skin\media\background\ ........"

How do you get this at the time the vid starts. I've put the items from the dl in the correct folders just cant get it to look like the vid below.... I dont have any "synopsis" items there I'm sure that's where I'm fuorking up.....

Edited by IAmADrunkGuy

I'm guessing you downloaded the resources... So, for example lets say you want to add "synopsis info" into the game "Brothers in Arms" (BiA)-

- first you go into the downloaded resource folder and look for the game "BiA".

- There you see 5 files - you only need the one folder called "_resourches",

- you copy this folder over to the directory of your game "BiA". (where the "default.xbe" is)

- now you transfer the game to your xbox

- when the game is highlighted click the "white button" and choose "Synopsis"

ahh... maybe - you are talking about.... go into the settings (usally) "black button" - and somewhere should be an option to enable the Synopsis or to change its display/appearance.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:01 AM, G-box said:

- when the game is highlighted click the "white button" and choose "Synopsis"

ahh... maybe - you are talking about.... go into the settings (usally) "black button" - and somewhere should be an option to enable the Synopsis or to change its display/appearance.

I'll have to check on how to enable synopsis never thought to check to see if it was enabled. . Thanks! 

EDIT: That was it just had to enable it. I couldnt find the setting but I had to press the black button while inside the plank preview pane ( white button > synopsis> blank page > black button.

Edited by IAmADrunkGuy
Add Info