OGXbox.com

HDMI interest - XboxHD+

willis

Does anyone have and installed XboxHD+ by MakeMHz?

https://makemhz.com/products/xboxhd

I really want to get something like this but wanted to confirm if it truly upscales games. For instance if a game doesn't have 720p, will this thing take it and output the game at that resolution?

Thanks for the link Kaos! I just put up my question on discord and we will see what they say. I really would like to know if the mod takes ANY game and integer upscales the resolution to your choosing. That way this thing would be the all-in-one mod to make any game run in high rez.

It has the same info on his web site about it upscaling

XboxHD+ now offers advanced upscaling with interpolation, colorspace, and overscan correction options!

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

3 hours ago, willis said:

Interested in seeing how this compares to a XboxDigital from citrus3000psi when it eventually gets a release.

It would be interesting to see, there was a lot of comments about him removing the hard wired network connector instead of the AV port.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yep, that is what I was thinking to Dave! I already have a DCDigital for my Dreamcast, so I really want to see what they bring for the Xbox. Especially how to install and what features in will contain. Would be interesting if they did keep the AV port, that way you could have all hookups covered in case you ever wanted to switch which to use.

The problem there would be because to enable the HD mode you lose the SD mode so unless your going to use a component cable from the original  AV port it would become a useless port.
Although I did like the idea of having a built in WiFi.

I would rather lose the stock AV port and retain the ethernet port and also have a built in WiFi

Cheers

SS Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a for sure confirmation yet on exactly how the upscaling is going to work and if it will add lag or will it be almost like how native 720p/1080i games run, except the games still internally run at 480p.

Could someone could take some photos of the color correction part of the app? I have read there is a gamma correction setting but I want to know how it works, as in how fine the control is.

Edited by TrantaLocked

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, TrantaLocked said:

Not yet but I'm looking forward to it. MakeMHz's twitter has important info for anyone who hasn't checked it.

I am following developments in Dustin's Discord server :)
It's been a looong wait - AFAIK his last update was that he was expecting everything to be shipped by 15 September... but after all these months, I don't mind another small delay