OGXbox.com

Weird TV picture problem/glitch

Hari125

Hi! I have a softmodded xbox (PAL) and i am having a problem while playing some games or running some apps.

Here is what i am talking about:

multi-pic.thumb.jpg.9928a7fe732922d0cdf3a73681cc22e8.jpg

There is weird black line that shouldn't be there.

I'm not having the same problem with dashes (UnleashX, XBMC, MS Dash), games like Doom 3, Call of Duty 3, SSX 3 or some apps (example: having problem with dvd2xbox v0.7.8, but not with version 0.7.4).

6071988_pic2.thumb.jpg.4eca7df0dd4422cc22f5a0eca6e098a1.jpg

As shown in the picture, I think the red section should be over the green one (on the top). Maybe there is something wrong with my tv (toshiba model: 32XV500P). I also tried different settings, but nothing changed.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Try changing the Xbox to NTSC and set 480 and 720 on

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I’m using cheap A/V pack (so I can’t set the resolution).

Soon I’m going to modify it with Xbox 360 video cable like that:

image.png.f402b0251413b477b565dfa8cc5b3de9.png

Also can’t I try running the game in NTSC instead. I have done it to the Xbox (not the games) before and the picture turned white-black.

The NTSC/Pal setting is in the stored in EEprom you can use Xblast to change it

And the 480p,720p, 1080 is also there but it is not advisable to use it are a set in the MS dash also you can set with Xblast

Setting the Pal/NTSC is only changing the video out put not the game region.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The NTSC/Pal setting is in the stored in EEprom you can use Xblast to change it

And the 480p,720p, 1080 is also there but it is not advisable to use it are a set in the MS dash also you can set with Xblast

Setting the Pal/NTSC is only changing the video out put not the game region.

Cheers

SS Dave

Is that Xblast?

https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8208

if it’s not, can I have a link?

Edited by Hari125

1 hour ago, Hari125 said:

It's not going to somehow damage my eeprom (i have backup) or TSOP without my permision (i don't want to), right?

select the setting

enter System tools

enter Video settings

highlight each menu and change each line to match this screen.

PXL_20210413_195424298.jpg.6ee94eaaef822a30387cda3b65570330.jpg

then press B to return to the main menu, scroll down to the power menu and in the power menu reboot to save the changes.

Or you can use this Enigmah video switcher

https://1fichier.com/?051yvunz1nrb92md0zp0

Extract and FTP to you Xbox then with file explorer navigate to it on the Xbox and run the default.xbe

It will show you if you are using Pal or NTSC and then you can change it if need be.

After you have rebooted the Xbox open the MS dash and select wide screen and enable 480, 720.

Both method's change the EEprom contents so you should make a new backup on your PC, Because if you have a backup you will never need it but the day you don't have a backup the system will crash and you will wish you had a backup, it's just the way it seems to work.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

select the setting

enter System tools

enter Video settings

highlight each menu and change each line to match this screen.

PXL_20210413_195424298.jpg.6ee94eaaef822a30387cda3b65570330.jpg

then press B to return to the main menu, scroll down to the power menu and in the power menu reboot to save the changes.

Or you can use this Enigmah video switcher

https://1fichier.com/?051yvunz1nrb92md0zp0

Extract and FTP to you Xbox then with file explorer navigate to it on the Xbox and run the default.xbe

It will show you if you are using Pal or NTSC and then you can change it if need be.

After you have rebooted the Xbox open the MS dash and select wide screen and enable 480, 720.

Both method's change the EEprom contents so you should make a new backup on your PC, Because if you have a backup you will never need it but the day you don't have a backup the system will crash and you will wish you had a backup, it's just the way it seems to work.

Cheers

SS Dave

I tried both the methods. The picture turned black-white and the black line shows.

IMG_7938.thumb.jpg.5fe0df5ba0a7f32fb62d710267035cc2.jpg

I think the games with the black line problem are actually NTCS games that are forced to PAL (then the line is still there, but at least i have colors).

I tried playing a bit with the resolution settings in Xblast while the xbox is set back to PAL, but nothing changed (it's interesting why only 720p was enabled).

I'm using cheap A/V pack. As i know it can output max 480p, so it souldn't be that different.

I will try downloading another Halo 2, but PAL (i didn't know that it was NTCS).