OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

On 1/20/2019 at 6:39 AM, DeckerZ said:

Just hunted out 2 original xbox's from my loft, been there 10 years or so. One is soft modded with Evox +3935 and the orther not sof tmodded. Look forward to soft modding the on that is not and updating the Evox +3935 if that is even possible. Want to eventually upgrade the HDD of both.

Evox +3935 is the latest release of that dashboard.  There are other dashboards available.  The most prevalent being UnleashX 0.39.0528A Build 584. It has an FTP server bug that lists random date strings in the root directory listing making it impossible to double-click on them to browse with the FileZilla FTP client for Windows. And the previous version 0.39.0222A Build 572 that doesn't exhibit that problem. Other dashboards include XBMC4Xbox v3.5.3 and Avalaunch 0.49.3.

I have found this thread on another website regarding forcing the XBOX to display force progressive modes, and enabling everything to 480p instead of 480i, well here's the site

For component to VGA

https://assemblergames.com/threads/truehd-vga-xbox-bios-collection-happy-new-year-gift.59405/

To force 480p

https://assemblergames.com/threads/force-480p-xbox-bios-collection-santa-gift.59122/

This could be useful because if someone is using upscallers on interlaced modes, you see vertical lines along the way, but on progessive games the image is perfect, don't know if there's an app to force this, the downside of these bios, is that you have to have mandatory component cables to see anything on your console

Besides the bios itself it also brings hacked editing tools for the bios, so everything is included on this pack.

What are you thoughts on this? I think there's something very interesting on these new bios.

Don't know if the author of the bios MrNova is also a user from this ogxbox.com

TRUEHD VGA XBOX Bios Collection.rar

Force 480p XBOX bios collection v3.rar

Don't know if component-to-vga  are the same as component cables, so I have posted both threats.

Edited by Viggen66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Btw if I wanted to try this new bios, on Hexen 2018 for example for the M8 EVOX+ bios for F and G partitions, the file I needed to replace was "evox.m8plus.fc.137.bin" ? Does this file corresponds to the option on Hexen?

Is there an alternative to flash this bios without hexen, already know the difference between force 480p and component to vga or true HD bios, the later is used more for arcade cabinets.

Edited by Viggen66

You can just use XBlast OS to flash a new BIOS. No reason to burn more DVDs and have numerous versions of HeXEn. Copy the XBlast OS application to the HDD (latest version is v0.56) and put your desired BIOS file in C:\BIOS.

XBlast OS is the best tool for flashing and is a lot cleaner than HeXEn.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin
  • Like 3

I have a winbond chip, is xblast on the hexen DVD? On the Evo bios config app what is the option to have the biggest HDD, is it partition 6 and 7 with the rest?

If is easier to flash by an app way better than burning new DVD is true

Progressive mode gives always better image than interlaced, really is funny that on 2016 someone has managed to hack the bios to enable that on all modes, really very useful the hack, I don't have the expertise to do this. Also a user on the original thread has tried and had no problems even it has a new Evo logo.

Is amazing how this console is just full of surprises after all these years.

Alright xblast seems the easiest way to flash since it flashes winbond as well and it can be ftp.

On EvoTool which option of the partition enables f & g  for larger HDD, or which is the option on hexen dvd for f & g?

1) Partition 6 takes the rest of the drive

2) Partition 6 takes up to 137gb / partition 7 takes the rest

Thanks

Edited by Viggen66

You can just use XBlast OS to flash a new BIOS. No reason to burn more DVDs and have numerous versions of HeXEn. Copy the XBlast OS application to the HDD (latest version is v0.56) and put your desired BIOS file in C:\BIOS.

XBlast OS is the best tool for flashing and is a lot cleaner than HeXEn.

Thanks Forlorn already flashed new bios with the tool you recommended , you're right a lot easier to flash and gave me the feeling of safe patching [emoji4]

Now everything is working as it should, wanna thank all the members of the forum for your help. quite happy with my new console, also own 360 (all versions phat, slim and e) and one S, but this sits as the special one.

Edited by Viggen66
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

DVD+R is iffy. DVD-R with ImgBurn is what's recommended.

If the Xbox already boots into a modded dashboard and you're just trying to flash the chip, you can use XBlast OS instead of having to burn a DVD for HeXEn. Just make sure the BIOS' boot path is set up so it can see your dashboard after the flash.

Thanks!

Not quite sure I'm following, but how do I put files on my xbox? Mine is just booing into MS dashboard. Unplug the hdd and use a usb dock and write files from my windows pc?

2 hours ago, Stigern said:

Thanks!

Not quite sure I'm following, but how do I put files on my xbox? Mine is just booing into MS dashboard. Unplug the hdd and use a usb dock and write files from my windows pc?

Oh. If it's just booting into MS dashboard, then you will need HeXEn or some other disc with FTP access in order to copy XBlast over.

FTP is what you use to do all file transfers with an Xbox.