OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

7 hours ago, Viggen66 said:

Regarding the soldering, I read some users use conductive ink instead of actually soldering is it a real alternative?

Yeah, some people have used conductive paint to bridge connections for a TSOP flash. I haven't, so I've no experience with it.

It's neat, I guess, but I don't see the point of doing that over some simple soldering that would be more reliable.

7 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

Yeah, some people have used conductive paint to bridge connections for a TSOP flash. I haven't, so I've no experience with it.

It's neat, I guess, but I don't see the point of doing that over some simple soldering that would be more reliable.

Really comes down to alternatives for soldering. Many people don't want to do it or can't trust themselves, I botched many solder jobs which ruined my confidence with it until I soldered in a chip and got it working properly.

I have seen conductive pens used successfully. Perhaps the jankiest/most creative way I've seen has been stripping some wire, cutting a small bit of copper, placing it on top of the two points to bridge, and then taping it on top of them. It was admitted to be a very temporary solution, but hey, it works without having to touch a soldering iron!

MrMario2011,

Alread thou

40 minutes ago, MrMario2011 said:

Really comes down to alternatives for soldering. Many people don't want to do it or can't trust themselves, I botched many solder jobs which ruined my confidence with it until I soldered in a chip and got it working properly.

I have seen conductive pens used successfully. Perhaps the jankiest/most creative way I've seen has been stripping some wire, cutting a small bit of copper, placing it on top of the two points to bridge, and then taping it on top of them. It was admitted to be a very temporary solution, but hey, it works without having to touch a soldering iron!

MrMario2011,

Already thought of cutting small fine solder over both points perhaps easier solution is yours with a stripped wire or a paper clip, cover it with black tape, run the app "BiosChecker 5.0" to see if detects the TSOP chip,  I have run the app and can't detect nothing it says "Modchiped /Unknow"  so the points are not bridged yet and on successful detection,  flash new bios, no risk of damaging nothing, really only thing that can happen is protection being active, but no warm to the motherboard.

Edited by Viggen66

8 minutes ago, Viggen66 said:

Already thought of cutting small fine solder over both points perhaps easier solution is yours with a stripped wire, cover it with black tape, run the app "BiosChecker 5.0" to see if detects the TSOP chip,  I have run the app and can't detect nothing it says "Modchiped /Unknow"  so the points are not bridged yet and on successful detection,  flash new bios, no risk of damaging nothing, really only thing that can happen is protection being active, but no warm to the motherboard.

That's worth giving a shot at least, the person I saw do this method used scotch tape. If I were to do this I would personally use one of those conductive pens, seems to be a more reliable and precise method.

Gonna ask someone who has vast experience on soldering to do this to me, or else get a conductive ink.

Really people don't release how good this console is, when I see it on sale on major game shops is always collecting dust, as an underrated system, and people don't know his power to emulate a true arcade machine and dozens of game systems, you can get most of that with the Pandora system that costs three to four times more, or a raspberry pi 3, with all extras will surely reach almost the same price as a Pandora, but none of them gives you a dedicated HDD and the ability to play dozens of emulators and a  list of more 800 original games made for this system, I would say this is a heck of a console.

Edited by Viggen66
  • Like 1

For sure! If you look around town you can easily find a Xbox with hookups and even a few controllers or games for around the same price as a Raspberry Pi 3 board by itself. Despite it being so old, the homebrew and emulation on it is awesome and in some aspects can be just as good or better than modern single board computer setups.

The appealing part to me is build quality, oddly enough. With other emulation setups you need to mess around a bit with different controllers, dongles, peripherals, mappings, setups, etc. and can be annoying to get it just right. The Xbox has had so much R&D behind it and the hardware is from Microsoft of all places, so no doubt the console itself is sturdy and the controllers hold up well. Setup for controllers is simply plugging them in, since it's a Xbox controller being used on a Xbox console.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, Viggen66 said:

On evox m8 bios there's no way to go back to dashboard when booting a game?

M8 and the latest Evolution-X BIOS M8plus have IGR - In-Game Reset. ( Left Trigger + Right Trigger + Back + Black )

If your version does not, use EVTool to add the patch to it, save the new dot bin file and reflash your TSOP/modchip. The older M8 BIOS requires an older version of EVTool - v1.0.7. While M8plus can be patched with the latest release of EVTool v1.0.9.

EVTool1.09-M8plus-IGR-modes.png.15660068b43c19edd35d079a6bae3454.png

Already tsop, really my advice is to put this work on someone experienced flashed m8+ bios, for a one terabyte HDD which size should I adress for F and G, can I put everything on a F partition?

Don't know if this is normal but I have some glitch on Evo logo?

ss.png

Edited by Viggen66

59 minutes ago, Viggen66 said:

Can anyone help, before I could ftp to my Xbox now is always refused does anyone knows why? Applied same settings than before

What IP address does your dashboard show?  Make sure you are connecting to the correct IP address.

What FTP client are you using?  How connecting?

Filezilla's Quick Connect boxes may not work as some updated releases required a secure login which the Xbox does NOT support - only plain FTP (insecure login) - sending a cleartext user id and password.

UserID/Password combo xbox/xbox.

Edited by KaosEngineer

On 6/10/2018 at 8:46 PM, Forlorn Penguin said:

I was dumb and forgot that I could have just packed the .iso into a .rar. I've now edited the OGXbox download to do just that though.
1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:
What IP address does your dashboard show?  Make sure you are connecting to the correct IP address.
What FTP client are you using?  How connecting?
Filezilla's Quick Connect boxes may not work as some updated releases required a secure login which the Xbox does NOT support - only plain FTP (insecure login) - sending a cleartext user id and password.
UserID/Password combo xbox/xbox.

I'm using the ip from the dashboard ip 192.168.0.2 static using a crossover cable before tsop could ftp, had problems but when I enabled auto-detect it started working. Now can't ftp refused by the server however, with ping there's no lost of communication, can't find the problem here

Edited by Viggen66

Just hunted out 2 original xbox's from my loft, been there 10 years or so. One is soft modded with Evox +3935 and the orther not sof tmodded. Look forward to soft modding the on that is not and updating the Evox +3935 if that is even possible. Want to eventually upgrade the HDD of both.