OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

I made a few changes to HeXEn 2017 to... well, update some of it. There's certainly a lot more that could be done, but I didn't feel like it was necessary to go all-out on it, since the disc is primarily just used for TSOP/modchip flashing and building new HDDs. But with flashing in mind, there were some issues that should have been addressed, which were 1) editing the EvoX M8+ BIOS files to disable the need for a DVD drive on boot up (because it makes no sense to keep that restriction enabled) and 2) removing the ability to flash iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only), since it is apparently broken and just bricks the TSOP/modchip.

Full changelog:

- Changed the default.xbe's title to "HeXEn 2018".
- New menu background image.
- Main menu's network type is now set to DHCP.
- Updated all EvoX M8+ .bin files (including sharp.bin) to remove the DVD drive check by default.
- Removed iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only) because it bricks the TSOP/modchip it is flashed to.
- ind-bios.cfg now supports 480p by default.
- Corrected an error which prevented the sharp.bin BIOS file from being copied to the HDD.
- Partially rewrote the TSOP/modchip flash menus to make things more clear and to correct spelling/grammar.
- Updated XBMC to include JCRocky5's 480p Game Loader scripts (useful if you have a 1.6 Xbox, otherwise it can be ignored).
- Updated Chimp261812 to JCRocky5's latest release.
- 1080i support is now disabled by default (because it slows the Xbox down if enabled).
- UnleashX .xbe file replaced with a patched version that doesn't automatically create UDATA folders for all .xbe files it sees on the HDD.
-Updated the main menu's skin.xml file to display more system information to the user (on the right-hand side of the screen), and changed the color scheme of the options menus, dialogue boxes, file explorer, keyboard, etc. to better match the background image (no more of UnleashX's default ugly blue scheme clashing with it).
- Various other spelling and grammatical fixes.
- Other general housekeeping.

As for the rather bland new menu background, I had to go for a very minimalistic design, because I suck with Photoshop, lol. It gets the job done though.

OGXbox download link.

MEGA download link

MediaFire download link

Edited by Forlorn Penguin
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

I made a few changes to HeXEn 2017 to... well, update some of it. There's certainly a lot more that could be done, but I didn't feel like it was necessary to go all-out on it, since the disc is primarily just used for TSOP/modchip flashing and building new HDDs. But with flashing in mind, there were some issues that should have been addressed, which were 1) editing the EvoX M8+ BIOS files to disable the need for a DVD drive on boot up (because it makes no sense to keep that restriction enabled) and 2) removing the ability to flash iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only), since it is apparently broken and just bricks the TSOP/modchip.

Full changelog:

- Changed the default.xbe's title to "HeXEn 2018".
- New menu background image.
- Updated all EvoX M8+ .bin files to remove the DVD drive check by default.
- Removed iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only), due to reports that it bricks the TSOP/modchip it is flashed to.
- Updated XBMC to include JCRocky5's 480p Game Loader scripts (useful if you have a 1.6 Xbox, otherwise it can be ignored).
- Updated Chimp261812 to JCRocky5's latest release.
- 1080i support is now disabled by default (because it slows the Xbox down if enabled).
- UnleashX .xbe file replaced with a patched version that doesn't automatically create UDATA folders for all .xbe files it sees on the HDD.
- Screensaver text changes.
- Various spelling and grammatical fixes.
- Other general housekeeping.

Feel free to test it out. As for the rather bland new menu background, I had to go for a very minimalistic design, because I suck with Photoshop, lol. It gets the job done though.

Mega donwload link.

wonderful changes all around and most notably on that evox m8+
thank you for that. i will be burning a new copy of hexen!!

• Like 1

Website won't let me download it. 

Tells me I must be a registered member. Huh???

"Sorry, there is a problem

You must be a registered member and have contributed several times to download files. This is here to help our membership achieve their goals rather than to just let people leach. 

Error code: 2D161/2"

Guess I'll just use the MEGA link.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Website won't let me download it. 

Tells me I must be a registered member. Huh???

"Sorry, there is a problem

You must be a registered member and have contributed several times to download files. This is here to help our membership achieve their goals rather than to just let people leach. 

Error code: 2D161/2"

Guess I'll just use the MEGA link.

Weird. lol. No idea why it would do that. I made a minor update to the initial release, if you wanna try it again and see if it works for you now.

Edited by Forlorn Penguin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Vladimír Cvach said:

Nice work! I made an iso, really wonder why the original download is just a rar. Well, here it is. https://mega.nz/#!mOhzTDDC!cCqlXA6fr9xZviKvL3-sVFjpRCK731sr_B78eHaaf1Q

I was dumb and forgot that I could have just packed the .iso into a .rar. I've now edited the OGXbox download to do just that though.

Some issues regarding Sharp TSOPs came to light earlier today, so I had to fix them and release a new build. I'll add the new download links to the OP as they go up.

Changelog.:

- Edited the sharp.bin BIOS file (EvoX M8+) to disable the DVD drive check.
- Corrected an error which prevented the sharp.bin BIOS file from being copied to the HDD.