OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

• 1 month later...

I bought a hard modded xbox off a friend and i wanted to change the hdd. How do i burn this too a disc can i just do it like any normal disc and chuck it in imgburn and off i go or do i need to change anything like when creating a 360 iso you have to change the key or something. Thank you

A standard Windows PC cannot open the hexen2018.iso file found in the archive you download.  You have to use special software that understands the XISO format of this dot iso file.

The only retail Windows application I know of that can open the special Xbox ISO file is PowerISO.  Other xbox scene apps to view the content of the file are Qwix v1.01, C-Xbox Tool 2.0.x, etc.

Even after burning the ISO disc image (XISO)  to blank DVD-R media, a PC cannot read it to list the contents in WIndows Explorer.  You have to use the Xbox with a replacement dashboard's File Explorer or standalone file explorer application to view the disc's content.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, Forlorn Penguin said:

I made a few changes to HeXEn 2017 to... well, update some of it. There's certainly a lot more that could be done, but I didn't feel like it was necessary to go all-out on it, since the disc is primarily just used for TSOP/modchip flashing and building new HDDs. But with flashing in mind, there were some issues that should have been addressed, which were 1) editing the EvoX M8+ BIOS files to disable the need for a DVD drive on boot up (because it makes no sense to keep that restriction enabled) and 2) removing the ability to flash iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only), since it is apparently broken and just bricks the TSOP/modchip.

Full changelog:

- Changed the default.xbe's title to "HeXEn 2018".
- New menu background image.
- Main menu's network type is now set to DHCP.
- Updated all EvoX M8+ .bin files (including sharp.bin) to remove the DVD drive check by default.
- Removed iND-BiOS 5004.06 (F only) because it bricks the TSOP/modchip it is flashed to.
- ind-bios.cfg now supports 480p by default.
- Corrected an error which prevented the sharp.bin BIOS file from being copied to the HDD.
- Partially rewrote the TSOP/modchip flash menus to make things more clear and to correct spelling/grammar.
- Updated XBMC to include JCRocky5's 480p Game Loader scripts (useful if you have a 1.6 Xbox, otherwise it can be ignored).
- Updated Chimp261812 to JCRocky5's latest release.
- 1080i support is now disabled by default (because it slows the Xbox down if enabled).
- UnleashX .xbe file replaced with a patched version that doesn't automatically create UDATA folders for all .xbe files it sees on the HDD.
-Updated the main menu's skin.xml file to display more system information to the user (on the right-hand side of the screen), and changed the color scheme of the options menus, dialogue boxes, file explorer, keyboard, etc. to better match the background image (no more of UnleashX's default ugly blue scheme clashing with it).
- Various other spelling and grammatical fixes.
- Other general housekeeping.

As for the rather bland new menu background, I had to go for a very minimalistic design, because I suck with Photoshop, lol. It gets the job done though.

OGXbox download link.

MEGA download link

MediaFire download link

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just revisted my mod chipped xbox that I havent used in probably 10 years.

I want to update the bios using the ones on this installer. I dont have dvd discs though!!! And dont really want to go to the shops and navigate through covid infested zombies!

Is there a way to run it without a disc? I unpacked the iso with qwix, and ftp'd it to the e/apps folder, but when I try to run it it gives me that usual error screen

On 2/18/2019 at 5:16 AM, KaosEngineer said:

It's not the HDD lock password that's all zeroes but the HDDKey used to generate the password.  The password is still unique to each HDD that is installed; however, since part of the algorithm's parameters are all 0's, the computed password for every NULL'd HDDKey Xbox will be the same for the particular HDD used.

The Xbox computes the password using the HDDKey and information from each different HDD (model/serial number) every time the Xbox boots to unlock it.  Softmodded systems still use the stock MS BIOS thus the HDD must be locked as the password is still computed to do so.

Can you null the HDDKey on a softmodded xbox?

5 hours ago, killscr33n said:

I just revisted my mod chipped xbox that I havent used in probably 10 years.

I want to update the bios using the ones on this installer. I dont have dvd discs though!!! And dont really want to go to the shops and navigate through covid infested zombies!

Is there a way to run it without a disc? I unpacked the iso with qwix, and ftp'd it to the e/apps folder, but when I try to run it it gives me that usual error screen

HeXEn doesn't come with enough user info IMHO.

You can install it to the HDD but it has to be a version specifically designed for that or more correctly one with a config.xml re-written for the purpose.

HeXEn 2017 included the install version "HexIns" in Stockfiles > "e" but I'm not sure if HeXEn 2018 includes it. TruHeXEn 2019 does not. It is, as indicated, essentially a full version of HeXEn but with a rewritten config.xml. 

HexIns must be installed to the root of the E:\drive ie. E:\Hexen, not in Apps. You can still launch it from Apps using a Xbox shortcut but otherwise, unless you want to edit the UnleashX config.xml, you have to launch it from its default.xbe using the UnleashX file manager.

With XBMC you'd just add the path to E:\Hexen as another Apps source.

But it works perfectly - I flashed a TSOP using HexIns recently and it went as smooth as clockwork.

As regards the IGR matter:-

No, unless you haven't actually installed a HDD with dashboard etc set up for a TSOP ie. a hardmod. The dashboard is probably a softmod set up. I'm not sure the drive order Evox M8 checks for a launchable main dash XBE and certainly not sure whether using the IGR differs in any way . But if it has found a bootable XBE of the name it is looking for (likely xboxdash.xbe) on the first drive it checks my guess that is the MS dash XBE.

It depends very much on the original softmod what XBE names were used/changed and their location but this is my guess. It should be fixed very easily just by setting up a new HDD from scratch or updating the installation using HeXEn/HexIns and its chipped/TSOP menu options.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:54 PM, killscr33n said:

I flashed the evox m8+ (256k 1.0-1.4 xbox) and the IGR takes me to the xbox dash. Is this expected behaviour?

Turns out this is due to my modchip. The modchip bios is only enabled if I hold the power button >1 sec. The IGR on the evox m8+ must be doing an xbox reboot, and that's why xbox dash loads because the modchip bios is bypassed during the reboot.

Anyway I flashed ind-bios and IGR goes to unleashx dashboard as I wanted. So im guessing on this bios the IGR is a soft reset (based on the ind config).

8 minutes ago, nerdbombing said:

What am I missing here? I don't see a working link anywhere. Where I can i simply download the Hexen file to make this darn mod-disc? Thanks for the help!

You don't get to download files until after being around for a while with 15 posts or supporting the site with a yearly $5 or $10 subscription.

• Like 1