OGXbox.com

Made a HeXEn 2018 Update

@blunty A lot of people use an og xbox for their arcade cabinets.  I would recommend getting a new SATA hdd and a Startech ide2sata adapter and not using an old IDE one. 

Also use rocky5’s disc and null your eeprom hdd key before you do anything else hdd related.. it will make things much easier in future if your hdd dies. The hdd lock password will then be 32 zeroes so you can easily install a new hdd. 😃

For a 1TB HDD, I think splitting it is better. 
Update: Not everyone agrees with me - [mention=1250]Forlorn Penguin[/mention] - I see said to use only F.
When split equally between F and G, the cluster size is 32KB instead of 64KB. 
The cluster size is the minimum size a file will occupy on the HDD.  So, if the app has many small files ( 32KB cluster max partition size 512GB
64KB cluster max partition size 1,024GB (1TB).
Thanks that was my doubt 32 cluster fists more things inside since most emulators have just small files, also on truhexen 2019 on stock UnleashX dash you're not allowed to change game artwork and I like seeing original game cover and previews. So gonna stick with hexen 2018

6 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Also use rocky5’s disc and null your eeprom hdd key before you do anything else hdd related.. it will make things much easier in future if your hdd dies. The hdd lock password will then be 32 zeroes so you can easily install a new hdd. 😃

It's not the HDD lock password that's all zeroes but the HDDKey used to generate the password.  The password is still unique to each HDD that is installed; however, since part of the algorithm's parameters are all 0's, the computed password for every NULL'd HDDKey Xbox will be the same for the particular HDD used.

The Xbox computes the password using the HDDKey and information from each different HDD (model/serial number) every time the Xbox boots to unlock it.  Softmodded systems still use the stock MS BIOS thus the HDD must be locked as the password is still computed to do so.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

The HDDKey stored on each Xbox console was unique.  After NULLing the console's HDDKey, it no longer is unique to each console (32 0's) but the same HDDKey (actually you could use any value as long as you set them the same on all your consoles to easily swap drives between them). The HDD password generated will then be unique for each different HDD used, but not for each different console too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I have formatted my HDD with my new 128 Ram 1.4 using Hexen 2018, really I find it a better choice than the previous 2017, also for the ind-bios.cfg from it is quite smaller than the previous Hexen 2017, don't know if it detects the bios and installs the correct bios cfg for the version.

Really this mobo came from a very experienced soldering console repairer, and he has renewed all caps of the cpu, now the image is clear and so much sharper than before, it looks like a brand new console.

Edited by Viggen66
  • Like 1

Can anyone here helps me, I'm trying to edit the menus from Unleashx, to install custom icons, already enabled editing of menus, well insert new icons etc, but when I'm saving it says "Unable to Save Settings. Error Code 18" Does anyone knows why and how to fix it?

Thanks

Edited by Viggen66

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...