OGXbox.com

Question About Origin of Bungie's Custom Halo 2 Game-Types

So I recently made use of this invaluable resource to download all of the old Halo 2 DLC onto my original Xbox (https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-offline-xbox-live-downloadable-content-dlc-installers.675/). The title update and four map packs were a no-brainer, but I was intrigued to see "official" Bungie multiplayer game-types included in the installer as well, as follows:

1. Classic CTF Tank

2. Covie Gulch

3. Golden Showers

4. Peacemakers

5. Swords No Radar

6. Team GoldShowers

7. Zombies

Interested in knowing how a few game-types were elevated to "preserved official DLC", I did some research. It looks like #1-5 were made available on the Official Xbox Magazine April 2005 demo disc (http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/official-xbox-magazine-demo-disc-43/), and #7 was from the June 2005 edition (http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/official-xbox-magazine-demo-disc-45/). But my question, while quaint, is this: when was #6 ever officially released? All online "Bungie game-type" lists seem to acknowledge it as one of the officially released game-types, but I can't seem to find its origin. Does anyone recall how they got ahold of it back in the old Xbox days? To be clear, I'm talking about the game-type "Team GoldShowers".

Edited by PlatypusEgg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By blueskygeek
      I was given two broken original Xbox consoles to try and fix. After fixing the issues with one of them, I tried to test it. As I didn't have a controller for it I bought an adapter like the one in the picture (Adapter) to try and use either a USB arcade stick or one of my wired controllers for PC, Xbox 360, or Xbox One. I eventually bought a controller for it as I could not get anything to work with this adapter. So I am wondering, does this adapter serve any purpose? Has anybody gotten an arcade stick kit like the one in the second picture to work on the original Xbox?

• By Mu.
      I was looking at the typical Aladdin XT 2 Plus modchips that are still available/being produced for the Xbox a while ago, and I thought to myself that the wiring to permanently ground the BT pad seemed a little inelegant. I took a quick look at the traces on the PCB and lo and behold, they trace back to adjacent pins on the Lattice CPLD chip!
      Going forward should I ever need to install another XT 2 Plus, I'll forego the wire and just bridge those two pins.

• By gt46l
      So I was looking back into Xbox emulation to see how it has progressed, and Xemu claims it can play 62% of the games library now.  I was reading up on how it works and you can command line load an iso, but it doesn't support compressed isos so I'm not interested in that method.  It does also support Xbox hard drive images however, and custom dashes.  I'm curious if anyone has used xboxhdm to create a hard drive image with one of the hard drive ready rom sets out there and a custom dash to play them in Xemu?  Xemu doesn't specifically piece this all together for you on the website, but it seems that should work.  Either way I'm going to try it, but just didn't know if anyone knows. 

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.