OGXbox.com

128mb ram upgrade worth it for XBOX titles?

Jec2

I'm looking to get a modded XBOX but wonder if paying extra for a system with a 128mb ram upgrade is worth it. I don't have much interest in emulators. I want one to play XBOX titles. I'm intrigued by being able to use more 720p patches with the 128mb, but do patched games run well enough?

Edited by Jec2

I have read that some games when patched/hacked to display in 720p play better with 128meg.

I also believe that xbmc4gamers works better with the extra ram

Other wise for unmodified games there is no benefit.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

there's a tool called delimit iirc that hacks the XBEs to utilize the extra ram, I recently used it on all my games, I haven't tested them all but I was playing Destroy All Humans and the loading times (running it from HDD) shortened to almost nothing, like 10 seconds long down to 1/2 second

Destroy All Humans 2 shows a similar difference, so obviously some games do benefit form the extra ram if you have the delimiter thing

24 minutes ago, fox said:

there's a tool called delimit iirc that hacks the XBEs to utilize the extra ram, I recently used it on all my games, I haven't tested them all but I was playing Destroy All Humans and the loading times (running it from HDD) shortened to almost nothing, like 10 seconds long down to 1/2 second

Destroy All Humans 2 shows a similar difference, so obviously some games do benefit form the extra ram if you have the delimiter thing

Delimit from user noptical. DL : https://1fichier.com/?3s9wy28r1x6ugojp5lpg