OGXbox.com

XBMC4Gamers Artwork

JimM

Hi, new to X4G and have recently downloaded and installed v1.3.001 also downloaded artwork installer v1.9.4 and installed this to a F:\Artwork directory.  It's working but I do have a couple of questions on getting it setup as I want.

In youtube vids the game artwork is like a cover of the original game case but on my version it's more of an icon - is there any way I can switch to the case style images?

Again on youtube as you switch between games the background has also changed to a game relevant image however on my setup it's a plain blue background. I've found where you can set the background colour or to a fixed image but how do I get it to be a dynamic image? I have had a search online and it suggests toggling the fanart to on but I haven't been able to find that option :(

Thanks

Thanks but I've tried that

When I click on the first option below it just toggles to the second screen

Also tried playing with the Switch View options but whilst it changes the appearance\layout of the game icons etc none give a dynamic background

Could it be anything to do with where I installed the fanart?  I created a folder F:\Artwork when I downloaded the Artwork Installer so presume it's all sitting under that?

IMG_20210410_114625.jpg

IMG_20210410_114607.jpg

52 minutes ago, JimM said:

Also what should the Background option be set to, it's currently on the 2 arrows?

Thanks

IMG_20210410_120303.jpg

Yep that one

I have my artwork on E drive in the apps folder that way it shows as a application in xbmc4gamers,

Then you click on that app to install all the artwork that is needed for your games 

Or you can use file explorer to navigate to where you have it and run the default.xbe file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks SS Dave think I'm getting there now

I hadn't run the default.xbe file from the artwork directory - I'd sort of assumed everything was run as part of the download\instal process

I now get the dynamic background :)

I would still like to get the game cover artwork for the games though rather than the icons you can see above, any idea on how I do this?

Thanks

Right managed to sort everything !

Just noticed that the resources were disabled (could of sworn I'd already enabled them) but when switched on I now get the format I was looking for

Thanks again for the help and big thumbs up to Rocky5 for the great dash  

• 1 year later...

First of all, roky 5, thanks `for your great xbmc4gamers, I have been trying for weeks to put covers on the subfolders that I put in the games in the AB folder, CD folder... and so, although I can put covers on the main menu categories ( applications, games, homebrew...) and all the games that are in the subfolders. NOOO I can put covers to these subfolders.
It's frustrating since I've already made all these covers, I thought it would be something similar and nothing.

the only way I could view them is by placing the _resources folder and a default.xbe back, obviously I don't know anything about programming so that the command to view the content of games in this subfolder resets the system, if I remove this default I don't know see the cover (example folder AB).
Someone who knows how to put them in these subfolders, be careful, it is different from putting covers on the games and the root menu, why? I don't know.

First of all, roky 5, thanks `for your great xbmc4gamers, I have been trying for weeks to put covers on the subfolders that I put in the games in the AB folder, CD folder... and so, although I can put covers on the main menu categories ( applications, games, homebrew...) and all the games that are in the subfolders. NOOO I can put covers to these subfolders.
It's frustrating since I've already made all these covers, I thought it would be something similar and nothing.

the only way I could view them is by placing the _resources folder and a default.xbe back, obviously I don't know anything about programming so that the command to view the content of games in this subfolder resets the system, if I remove this default I don't know see the cover (example folder AB).
Someone who knows how to put them in these subfolders, be careful, it is different from putting covers on the games and the root menu, why? I don't know.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to piggyback on this but figured it would be helpful for me lol. 

I am having issues.  I have installed  on the E drive in apps. 

I then will run the artwork installer, and it immediately starts at 36% and emulators and completed without ever getting game or app media :( 

any ideas?