OGXbox.com

Red, Orange, Green Flashing LED

JimM

Hi all

Tonight I finally got round to swapping out my HDD. Thought it was all going swimmingly until I tried to boot it up and all I get now is the a blue Xbox logo and the eject switch LED flashes between red, orange and green

The box is a v1.4 fitted with an Aladdin chip and I had previously flashed the chip with a Evox M8+ bios which was working fine

So tonight I swapped out the HDD for a Toshiba 500gb sata drive, fitted a sata\ide adapter and switched the jumper to the Master position and changed the ribbon cable for a 80 wire version

Booted up the box with an OGXboxInstaller 2021 disc and it detected that a new HDD had been fitted, formatted this and went with the  F: drive option

Rebooted and used the standard settings in xboxpartioner to allocate max space to F:

The rebooted again and installed xbox4gamers as the single default dashboard

Thought that I'd be all good to go after that but no the xbox won't boot, just get  the flashing led issue 

Any ideas of what I've done wrong?

Thanks

Apologies for posting to my own thread but now managed to get XBMC4Gamers as boot dash (used the utility on the disc)

However just noticed that I appear to be missing half of the available space on my HDD, according to the dashboard

C has 328Mb free

E 4,493 Mb Free

F 247,689 Mb Free

It's a 500Gb drive so where's the remaining 250gb gone?  

Xboxpartioner was set with table section 6 as 458gb, I've tried formatting again but still only have 247gb free on F:

Any ideas?

Thanks

First of it would be interesting to know what bios you use. In case it is an EvoX which boots evoxdash.xbe from either C or E first, you can simply switch your dashboard by using the installer option " 4.5. Switch Default Dashboard ". If you use a iND or x2 you can do the same.

Only if you use a differen EvoX bios you may need to reflash your XBox with a "EvoX CE / EvoX ECC" that boot up the evoxdash.xbe first (Tagged in the flasher as default bios) or in case you will never change your dashboard you can use a "EvoX X4G" (XBMC4Gamers) bios. That bios boot XBMC4Gamers strait from E:\XBMC4Gamers\

EDIT: Forgot to ask, you have formatet your HDD twice? Boot the installer, use Xbpartitionerand reboot. Then setup new large HDD. Thats needed because of a "stupid" Xbpartitioner bug.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Thanks for the replys

The bios I'm using is an XBMC4Gamers version off of the OGXBOXInstaller disc it's the Evox m8+ CEE 67 yesDVD XFG (256klb) version

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What BIOS are you using?

I would have told Xbpartitioner to set the remaining space to partition 6 (F drive) and left partition 7 at 0

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That's what I did, I cycled through the options so that partion 6 was allocated the remaining space which was the 458gb

Still apparently only have 248gb free on F: drive though - I've checked and F: is empty so should be the full 458gb

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

First of it would be interesting to know what bios you use. In case it is an EvoX which boots evoxdash.xbe from either C or E first, you can simply switch your dashboard by using the installer option " 4.5. Switch Default Dashboard ". If you use a iND or x2 you can do the same.

Only if you use a differen EvoX bios you may need to reflash your XBox with a "EvoX CE / EvoX ECC" that boot up the evoxdash.xbe first (Tagged in the flasher as default bios) or in case you will never change your dashboard you can use a "EvoX X4G" (XBMC4Gamers) bios. That bios boot XBMC4Gamers strait from E:\XBMC4Gamers\

EDIT: Forgot to ask, you have formatet your HDD twice? Boot the installer, use Xbpartitionerand reboot. Then setup new large HDD. Thats needed because of a "stupid" Xbpartitioner bug.

Using the 4.5 utility is what I ended up using to switch the default dash to X4G.

Just surprised I had to do this as given I'd used the X4G bios, I'd assumed that it would automatically load X4G first ? 

38 minutes ago, JimM said:

Using the 4.5 utility is what I ended up using to switch the default dash to X4G.

Just surprised I had to do this as given I'd used the X4G bios, I'd assumed that it would automatically load X4G first ? 

The CEE is a bios which boot up C:\evoxdash.xbe as first option instead of E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe.

Depending on the flasher you used it should be replaced. If you had flashed your Chip with EvoX this will be fixed in the next version. I have made some changes which fix the problem of not replaceing the xbe which means, from the next version on the old files will get delete the moment you start the flasher. I'm on fine tuning the next build and it should be up next week.

And if you don't want to change your dashboard (ever) you can use the ECC/ECE build which boots the E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe as first dash without using a shortcut on C which points to E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe.

Thanks for the info - think I understand it but will need to do a bit more reading :)

Also have managed to get the full 458gb on the F drive

I used xbpartioner to format the F & G drive with 248gb each and then formatted again so that F had all available space and it now recognises it with 458gb

Only issue is that I now have a G drive with no space. Is there a way of deleting this drive?

Thanks

1 hour ago, JimM said:

I used xbpartioner to format the F & G drive with 248gb each and then formatted again so that F had all available space and it now recognises it with 458gb

That's the bug in the Xbpartitioner program, You need to format the drive 1st time slightly smaller than maximum then reboot the Xbox and then format to maximum.

1 hour ago, JimM said:

Only issue is that I now have a G drive with no space. Is there a way of deleting this drive?

If Xbmc4Gamers is the default dash it only shows in file manager I would not worry.

If you are using a different dash there is setting menu that you should be able to disable the G drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

9 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

That's the bug in the Xbpartitioner program, You need to format the drive 1st time slightly smaller than maximum then reboot the Xbox and then format to maximum.

Ok thanks, saw that Xbpartitioner had a bug and that you needed to run it twice but didn't realise you had to set it as a smaller disk the first time round!

Still playing with the dashes etc but think I'm good for now 

Thanks all for the help

2 hours ago, JimM said:

Also have managed to get the full 458gb on the F drive

Thanks

In unleashX and EvoX it's written in the skin.xml ( something like " Source="G_FreeMB" ". I think in all XBMC versions it's a similar entry somewhere in a ini/cfg but like Dave wrote, no need to worry about. But in case you use UnleashX as well, you can delete that entiy from the skin.xml and you're good. For EvoX it's the skin.ini (and in case it's a EvoX without skin it's written in the evox.ini)

Not to sure how important it is to resize the drive (never done it), for me it was always enough to format the drive, reboot and start over. But I'm also sure I wrote it like Dave said in the Read Me file. I will add that as info box to the batch so no one miss that info again.