OGXbox.com

Help cleaning old dash files

Hari125

Hi! I was looking for unnecessary files on my xbox hardrive when i saw this:

IMG_7804.thumb.jpg.e906e0accfb92d5b48e21e93fb2ec3d7.jpg

I realised that i have dashboard that i don't need. I opened it and saw that it even wasn't EvoX, but UnleashX (idk why).

I already have UnleashX, but in different directory (C:/Dashboard). I need help which files to remove that are part of the unnecessary dash (I wanna keep the folders: Alt Dashboard, Applications, Backups, CACHE, MP3, PICS, TDATA, Trainers, UDATA and Video). 

Thank you!

If you have your Xbox configured to look for your preferred dashboard at C:\Dashboard\evoxdash.xbe, then you don't need to keep virtually anything that's currently in your E drive. UDATA and TDATA hold your Xbox gamesaves, so don't delete those, but anything else there on E: can be deleted if you don't have a specific need for them.

It would be a good idea to move your EEPROM backups to your PC if you haven't done so yet.

18 minutes ago, Hari125 said:

I opened it and saw that it even wasn't EvoX, but UnleashX (idk why).

"evoxdash.xbe" is a common name for Xbox executables that are intended to be used as replacement dashboards. EvolutionX (evox) was one of the earliest dashboards, so other mods that came later kept using C:\evoxdash.xbe or E:\evoxdash.xbe just to make things more compatible with one another.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

If you have your Xbox configured to look for your preferred dashboard at C:\Dashboard\evoxdash.xbe, then you don't need to keep virtually anything that's currently in your E drive. UDATA and TDATA hold your Xbox gamesaves, so don't delete those, but anything else there on E: can be deleted if you don't have a specific need for them.

It would be a good idea to move your EEPROM backups to your PC if you haven't done so yet.

"evoxdash.xbe" is a common name for Xbox executables that are intended to be used as replacement dashboards. EvolutionX (evox) was one of the earliest dashboards, so other mods that came later kept using C:\evoxdash.xbe or E:\evoxdash.xbe just to make things more compatible with one another.

I have a backup on my pc and know how important it is. Thank you! Did I need to keep the files EEPROMBackupBeforeLock?

Those are usually created when you've used ConfigMagic's backup eeprom option prior to locking a HDD. It just dumps them on the E:\drive like that.

I'd just create a new folder in E:\Backups: "ConfigMagic EEprom Backup" or something like that and keep them there. Unless you've messed around with your eeprom ie. changed or nulled it you don't really need them if you have an EvoX eeprom backup in E:\Backups. But they take up so little space its no problem. The fact is an eeprom back up there is not a lot of help in an emergency, having it available on a PC is the important thing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Those are usually created when you've used ConfigMagic's backup eeprom option prior to locking a HDD. It just dumps them on the E:\drive like that.

I'd just create a new folder in E:\Backups: "ConfigMagic EEprom Backup" or something like that and keep them there. Unless you've messed around with your eeprom ie. changed or nulled it you don't really need them if you have an EvoX eeprom backup in E:\Backups. But they take up so little space its no problem. The fact is an eeprom back up there is not a lot of help in an emergency, having it available on a PC is the important thing.

I have EEPROM backup already in another directory on my xbox. Is it safe to delete these files (EEPROMBackupBeforeLock)? I don't wanna mess something.

Also i have some folders called HDDLoader in my E and F drive. What are they for and did i need them?

Edited by Hari125

Yes safe to delete the ConfigMagic eeprom back ups if you already have eeprom backup elsewhere. But, assuming they are from ConfigMagic, they are a good reminder that you should have an eeprom master password backup "TEAMASSEMBLY" available too.

HDDLoader is an old app very much like like DVD2Xbox. With some older UnleashX dash versions the Config.xml included it (both E and F drive locations supported) in the Games menu as a source for installed games.

TBH I've never used it so have no idea exactly how it works but I'd guess that if you've used it to rip a game it might store it in its own folder by default rather than "Games". So I'd check that there aren't any installed games associated with it before deleting the folders but otherwise its unnecessary.