OGXbox.com

LED Strip avaliable for Modded Case

Silver

Does anyone have a link for an LED strip made for a modded Og xbox case? Saw a you tube video of one being made a few years back but it seems they are no longer available. The DVD cables were tapped to power the strip. Would like to find something similar. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

LED Strip.PNG

If you mean the LED strips here.

503418841_LEDStrip.PNG.72a84aec92922a60f3ca62680a36cd48.PNG.2f61e55b44d1e92032aa2eb3ea1827e2.PNG

You can buy it from eBay, Amazon, Ali Express in any color and from 1mtr to 5mtr and made for 12 volt operation.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought some LED strips from Amazon but install didn't go as planned. LEDs only stay on in one color and lights are dull. I'm getting power from the extra molex connector from my recent hdd upgrades.  Here is a list of used products.

WS2812b Addressable LED Strip 60 LEDs per meter.      

Sp002e Controller.

https://postimg.cc/r0Jbg0yk

https://postimg.cc/Yvdvc8XG

From what I can see is you are running the led strips from the 12 volt supply and google tells me the led strips are meant for 5 volt

My guess is the led strips are drawing that much current that the 12 volt supply has dropped low enough to not damage the led strips.

The yellow is 12 volt and red is 5 volt with both blacks being the negative.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...