OGXbox.com

Can't reboot Xbox trough button combination

moreno9

I have an 1.6 Xbox with aladdin Chip and now I can't reboot the console using the combination both triggers and back + Start. It used to work before. I don't know what happened. 

I use Unleashed as default dash and XBMC4GAMERS as an app. Both doesn't work

Thanks

Edited by moreno9

37 minutes ago, Hari125 said:

I haven't heard of reboot button combination. I know comb. that will get you out of an app that you opened - LT, RT, back and black (you have to hold them at the same time, not one by one).

That's actually what's happening to exit an app / game. (IGR - In-Game Reset)  The button combo resets the Xbox.

Edit:

Note: Only works on a modded console that supports in-game reset.  Some older BIOSes did not have IGR and the Evolution-X dashboard supported IGR when enabled.

17 hours ago, moreno9 said:

It doesn't work. Damn. 

Which BIOS version / kernel are you booting?

Look in the dashboard's Sytem Info page (UnleashX - press (Y) for it to appear.  Look for the Kernel version line.)

All of the Aladdin chip's produced today coming from China are clones and seem to have an older buggy M8 or M8plus BIOS flashed to them.

Reflash your modchip with a different release copy of it - M8plus_16.bin is the distribution version but many installation discs have versions with settings changes made with the EVTool v1.0.9 application.

All to be used with a v1.6 Xbox will have 16 in their filename (e.g., evox.m8plus.v16.bin, evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin, etc.).

19 hours ago, moreno9 said:

I have an 1.6 Xbox with aladdin Chip and now I can't reboot the console using the combination both triggers and back + Start. It used to work before. I don't know what happened. 

I use Unleashed as default dash and XBMC4GAMERS as an app. Both doesn't work

Thanks

Did you try both triggers and back and BLACK?

You mention it worked before, were you using the Evox dashboard then?