OGXbox.com

NEOYA X2VGA and a 1.6 xbox

geohunk

Hi awesome Ogxboxers,

So I got another query here and I'm not sure if it has been answered already....so basically I got one of the first versions of the NEOYA X2VGA adapters (pic below) and have to say it works flawlessly on my 1.0 and 1.2 boxes. Image quality especially on a decent PC CRT monitor rivals that of the Dreamcast VGA box. But when I try it out on my 1.6 I get a purple tint on the whole image. I've played around with the dip switches on the adapter and the issue persists. 

So my question is has this ever been resolved possibly by flashing a specific BIOS to the modchip? Or did 1.6 owners who also bought one of these awesome adapters had to live with it for the last 15 years or so?

5cf834d92830e7a03c42493058ecba1c.image.240x180.jpg

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

If you use a high-definition cable/AV pack (component video out) instead of the X2VGA, is the same purple tint present?

Yeah I have the official HD pack component cables and it works perfect...no purple tint on the video signal when displaying in either interlaced or progressive resolutions on a consumer HD CRT tv. And I've tried the NEOYA X2VGA adapter on two 1.6 boxes and both have the purple tint. Pics below might not show how evident the purple hue is but in person especially on whitish backgrounds the purple really stands out.

I know it really isn't a major issue in the overall Xbox enthusiast scene since these X2VGA adapters are very rare nowadays and I dont think there were any clones made...but I was just curious if this issue was ever fixed in the last 15 years or so and I may have missed it. Well at least for the benefit of the 2 or 3 people out there who have 1.6 boxes and are planning on getting one of these rare adapters...beware of the purple tint. Lol.

20210331_174338.jpg

20210331_174417.jpg