OGXbox.com

2tb Origins install help

prattdog

So I had a hard modded xbox from long time ago. I followed the steps and got this img to work on that xbox. So i went out and got a none modded one. Installed a OpenXenium  following Mr Mario's youtube video. Then i installed the img onto another hard drive and everything worked beside it would not see drive G. So i tried a few things and nothing worked. But now after i get to the flubber screen. It just goes to a black screen and nothing happens. Am i doing something wrong?

I am not doing this to resell these consoles. I wanna give them to my brother / uncle who wants one.

What bios are you using?

Was it an image file you used to make the 2nd hard drive or did you copy the files from the other hard drive to the new one.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 minutes ago, prattdog said:

I am using the m8+ bios and it is the same file. I got it to work after i patched the bios. But now it just stays the xbox flubber screen.

What did you patch the BIOS with?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

26 minutes ago, prattdog said:

here you go

a8f0e812f2ae4c3b675695d9dc046189.png

That looks normal what did you change?

it maybe looking for the wrong file to load as a dashboard now.

Will the Xbox still boot a Installer disk like the OGXbox Installer 2021?

Cheers

SS Dave

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The Origins image has a evoxdash.xbe on C:\ which is a link to the XBMC on E:\. The bios he uses should boot the image without a problem.

It should but the evoxdash.xbe might now be a shortcut to a non existent file .

Is this  hard drive unlocked?

Cheers

SS Dave

1. 6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It should but the evoxdash.xbe might now be a shortcut to a non existent file .

Is this  hard drive unlocked?

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes the hard drive is unlocked.

Edited by prattdog

10 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The Origins image has a evoxdash.xbe on C:\ which is a link to the XBMC on E:\. The bios he uses should boot the image without a problem.

I had no problem with this on a tsop xbox i got from esty years ago. But for some reason it will work at random times. Yesterday it worked after i reinstalled XBMC But now i can get it to move past the Xbox screen

2 hours ago, prattdog said:

I had no problem with this on a tsop xbox i got from esty years ago. But for some reason it will work at random times. Yesterday it worked after i reinstalled XBMC But now i can get it to move past the Xbox screen

I never wrote you did.

The Origins image is, as far as I can tell, build on a softmod base. But with the right bios, which boots either C:\evoxdash.xbe first or E:\XBMC\default.xbe , it should boot fine. How ever, it feels just slow and clunky when using it. Keep the games (probably the reason you have loaded thee 1,7TB) and set up a new C&E partition and use XBMC4Gamer from Rocky5 as dashboard. Thats what I would do and others have done. That Origins looks nice but thats all.

39 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I never wrote you did.

The Origins image is, as far as I can tell, build on a softmod base. But with the right bios, which boots either C:\evoxdash.xbe first or E:\XBMC\default.xbe , it should boot fine. How ever, it feels just slow and clunky when using it. Keep the games (probably the reason you have loaded thee 1,7TB) and set up a new C&E partition and use XBMC4Gamer from Rocky5 as dashboard. Thats what I would do and others have done. That Origins looks nice but thats all.

it is copied from a hard modded xbox. And i would do the soft modded but how long it takes to upload every xbox games plus all the other games and config it to work.

I was just looking for the easy way out but this is turning out to be not easy. lol

Let me answer that with a quote from the OGXBox Installer 2021 topic :

On 2/26/2021 at 8:00 PM, AtariSoul said:

@sweetdarkdestiny Thanks mate, I didn't think your installer disc could get any better! I forgot I had mentioned about the DGW not updating with DHCP main screen.  

I was using the ORIGINS image and wanted to convert it to XBMC4GAMERS so rather than transferring all the games to F & G again and wanting to remove all the softmod stuff I wondered how to achieve this. All I did was load your disc, saw the format C & E and then it reinstalled all the vital stuff to get it up and running again.

Brilliant stuff!!!!!

And I've got an OpenXenium to install, well because I can!! so you've added just what I need!

I hope you're feeling much better now too.

All the very best and stay safe

AtariSoul

😀

Easy enough?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Update:

For whatever reason i can not get the first HDD to work. My 2nd HDD came in yesterday. I burnt that img file to that other HDD and it works great. Loads up every time. My 2nd HDD is a WD Green. The one i am having all the problems with is a Hitachi HDD. From my understanding. All sata HDD will work with a mod chip. But maybe something to do with this img file has a problem with this HDD or something. Or maybe the HDD is bad. I dunno.

4 hours ago, VoltXT7 said:

This wdidle3 v1.05 applies for the WD HDD 1TB Blue ones ?

The wdidle3 program basically makes the WD green in to a WD blue.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VoltXT7 said:

@sweetdarkdestiny

This wdidle3 v1.05 applies for the WD HDD 1TB Blue ones ?

Like Dave already wrote, it "coverts" the Green to Blue. Reason for this because some of the Greens seems to be a bit lazy and take to long to become rdy on boot because of this feature and the XBox refuse to boot and stuck on the X logo.

• Like 1