OGXbox.com

Possible to connect xbox via internet with my PC?

moreno9

Hello.

I would like to have a folder on my PC with xbox games and I want to know if it is possible to connect my xbox via internet to the PC with some kind of internet browser and insert a ip or something and copy the xbox games from my PC to the Xbox. I have my console connected to the internet with ethernet cable.

I know it is possible to connect both with crossover cable but I am talking if I have my PC on the living room and my xbox on my room.

Thanks.

You can connect the Xbox to your home network then connect to your Xbox from any computer on that network and FTP to it.

I found it easier to have the Xbox set to DCHP.

What dash are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

5 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

You can connect the Xbox to your home network then connect to your Xbox from any computer on that network and FTP to it.

I found it easier to have the Xbox set to DCHP.

What dash are you using on the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have two dash. Xbmx4Gamers and Unleashed 

How would I do that? I can't find any tutorial or something. 

Edited by moreno9

For xmbc4gamers

Press the black button then Settings, Network

After changing the setting power cycle the Xbox and if you go back to that menu you can see the IP address it has been assigned.

How much do you need to transfer to the Xbox as FTP is supper slow

Cheers

SS Dave

9 hours ago, moreno9 said:

Hello.

I would like to have a folder on my PC with xbox games and I want to know if it is possible to connect my xbox via internet to the PC with some kind of internet browser and insert a ip or something and copy the xbox games from my PC to the Xbox. I have my console connected to the internet with ethernet cable.

I know it is possible to connect both with crossover cable but I am talking if I have my PC on the living room and my xbox on my room.

Thanks.

If you have a home wireless router, just connect your Xbox with a normal Ethernet cable to it. Most wireless routers have four Ethernet ports anyway.

DHCP is easiest, as it ensures your PC and your Xbox are on the same subnet.

Install FileZilla on your PC, and you will be able to easily FTP in to your Xbox at the IP address assigned to your Xbox. If you're not certain on what is the IP address assigned to your Xbox by your router, you can easily look it up in your router's device list page (most routers have this feature).

I FTP games to my Xbox all the time, and I get speeds of around 12MBps. My PC is connected via 802.11ac Wi-Fi to my router, and my Xbox is connected to a Gigabit Ethernet switch to my router.