OGXbox.com

Alladin Chip keeps the red light on

moreno9

Hello.

1- I installed for the first time an Alladin xt Plus2. When I just plug my Xbox with the Power cable the red light on the chip immediately turns on. Shouldn't turn only when I turn on the Xbox?

I am afraid I did smth wrong. The chip works fine anyways. It appears the EVOX logo. 

2- Is it normal xbox heats up more than the usual before I installed the chip? The heat sink kinda burns after the chip installation. I changed for a new 250gb hdd. Is that the reason for the heat problem? Should I change the cable for an 80 pins to don't heat up a lot?

Thanks. 

Edited by moreno9

It is fitted in a version 1.6

2 options

1st is cut the 5 volt supply pin from the LPC pin header.

1029FDFD-C094-4F68-B53E-02BFE5379C30.png.3f87566279ec5fed89b3412acb2834d2.png.6641940f325b6e98afd8bef063130d7e.png

2nd is to cut the led trace on the mod chip and reroute to the 3 volt supply like the black line. This way the led is switched and it can still be used in the 1.0 -1.4.

IMG_20200708_193309.thumb.jpg.dc358fd60baf88b9c74c35da9f29488e.jpg

I also link the BT to pin2 and not to the power button as shown in this pic

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

It is fitted in a version 1.6

2 options

1st is cut the 5 volt supply pin from the LPC pin header.

1029FDFD-C094-4F68-B53E-02BFE5379C30.png.3f87566279ec5fed89b3412acb2834d2.png.6641940f325b6e98afd8bef063130d7e.png

2nd is to cut the led trace on the mod chip and reroute to the 3 volt supply like the black line. This way the led is switched and it can still be used in the 1.0 -1.4.

IMG_20200708_193309.thumb.jpg.dc358fd60baf88b9c74c35da9f29488e.jpg

I also link the BT to pin2 and not to the power button as shown in this pic

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Can you please take a look at my second question? I am kinda concern. Maybe it is some flux on the motherboard that hasn't been properly cleaned up?

7 hours ago, moreno9 said:

Is it normal xbox heats up more than the usual before I installed the chip? The heat sink kinda burns after the chip installation. I changed for a new 250gb hdd. Is that the reason for the heat problem? Should I change the cable for an 80 pins to don't heat up a lot?

The heat sinks can get to hot to touch and defiantly to hot to hold your hand on it especially when the Xbox is running with it disassembled as the hard drive and DVD drive holders form part of the thermal ducting.
also the temperature reading in Evolution X dash can/will read 7 to 8 degrees Celsius hotter on a version 1.6

The 80 way IDE cable can help with data transfer when using large hard drives (160gb and up)

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The heat sinks can get to hot to touch and defiantly to hot to hold your hand on it especially when the Xbox is running with it disassembled as the hard drive and DVD drive holders form part of the thermal ducting.
also the temperature reading in Evolution X dash can/will read 7 to 8 degrees Celsius hotter on a version 1.6

The 80 way IDE cable can help with data transfer when using large hard drives (160gb and up)

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks man. You're amazing xD