OGXbox.com

OpenXenium and Duo X2

SergioDeNice

HI all,

I am new to mochips but I recently decided to take the plunge. I found an OpneXenium which I bought reasonably cheap on eBay (including LPC rebuild).

Since I am not so good at soldering, I also bought a spare 1.6 to try my skills. To my surprise I found that it had been modded.  A disconnected Duo X2 was hanging loose inside it (a white model with AMD chip).

As is, the xbox boots without problem into MS dash.

When the duo is connected and I start the xbox via the eject button, everrything works as intended (MS mode)

When the duo is connected and I start the xbox via the on/off button, a red light flashes and the xbox enters a quick on/off cycle (drives starting then stopping).

My guess is that the Duo is defective. It probably was installed to read exports (since the HDD is a 10GB model), then fried and disconnected in order to sell the xbox.

But that could be good news If I can make use of the already fixed LPC. Can it be done, as the nubers of pins differ (+2 for the openxenium)?

And what would I be supposed to do with the white wire (D0) that is connected to the duo?

Please help!

Serge

IMG_20210322_175953.jpg

I only ever use 1 of those boards the rest went in the trash.

In my view if soldering 2 PCB's together like that was good the more manufactures would do it.

I suspect the spot with the yellow arrow but resolder the whole thing or at least the red circles.

IMG_20210322_175953.thumb.jpg.091aaabaa40d57955e84cebbd614a0ae.jpg.2c4959cb76ab8b07c256e4eaa9251d5c.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem with DuoX2 (cromwell flashbios) on V1.6, only one bank seemed to work. The problem i had was the videocable (component cable). When i change to a video cable with only (red, white and yellow, (living in sweden)) on the scart, i could get the other Bank to work also.

// X.B.O.X-Freak