OGXbox.com

Xbox HDMI-cable

HelouHill

If you soldering skills are OK then think about the N64 freaks internal HDMI kit

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/forum/30-n64-freaks-products/

IMG_20200725_063700.thumb.jpg.803bdfbb75efb2f3b25cdf0a6e384f8e.jpg

010.jpg.486b12395779d542c2af73e01a602591.jpg 

IMG_20200612_194220.jpg.e6ee75ef889191dadacf624c1e8fe777.jpg

It also uses the Digital audio signal (5.1 sound )to inject to the HDMI signal.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have tried the Hyperkin and for some unknown reason - convincing YT clip I think - the Bitfunx POS recently. Both useless in my experience.

My current problem is getting a hold of any of the best options. I would be looking at MakeMHZ for the direct digital, although the soldering will require some practice or Chimeric when UK shipping/waiting list straighten out. I would also look at the N64Freak option, my problem is that I cannot get any contact with any of these guys whether it's forums, FB or Email...

I don't mind waiting. I'm just curious, are these kits/cables still available? Anyone know about MakeMHZ or N64Freak...

N64 freak is a member here and last I seen he still had some left have you tried sending hm a PM as for the MakeMHZ kit I think he is probably still filling back orders.

Have you looked at the wii2hdmi internal conversion?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for that.

I hadn't seen the internal option on the wii2hdmi, I will have a look. I had posted with N64Freak and may follow up with a PM...

I am most keen on the digital to digital option with 5.1. I can't see ever needing to revert to composite/component with my new AV setup and that looks like the best solution. Just curious at the lack of responses! Cheers :)

If you what the 5.1 digital audio you can add a Coax or Toslink output to the rear of the Xbox

My main Xbox runs component video and coax audio to my receiver.

Cheers

SS Dave

Cool. Looks like 5.1 needs to be though HDMI for me...

A new TV means that the majority of I/O are HDMI. There is one optical connection, but that will be for the TV to soundbar. Thankfully there will be enough HDMI for each of the 4 generations of XBox with a dedicated HDMI 2.1 and eARC for the new arrival...just not giving up on the OG :)

I appreciate the responses Dave!

Edited by vekter303

If you want the 5.1 sound then the N64 Freak or wait for the Chimeric unit as both sample the Digital audio.

The Wii2HDMI uses the analog audio and the MakeMHZ unit is digital audio and video but is having some small problems with some boards having the image on the screen shifted to the right and needing a hacked EvoxM8 bios, that's not a big problem unless you plan on a ram upgrade as the EvoxM8 only uses 64meg of ram.

Cheers

SS Dave