OGXbox.com

OG XBOX Blue 1.6v board installed aladdin chip 4032 at booting issue

Freddy

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

It could be a problem with the BIOS that is preflashed to the modchip.  

Do you have another Aladdin modchip to try or an external flash programmer to update the BIOS?

Or, another working hard modded Xbox that has a modchip installed?

Thanks Kaos,

I have no external flash programmer.

But I have working XBOX, But the aladdin version is im4a3-32 as aladdin advance.

4 minutes ago, Freddy said:

Thanks Kaos,

I have no external flash programmer.

But I have working XBOX, But the aladdin version is im4a3-32 as aladdin advance.

Is that modchip soldered to the motherboard instead of connected to the LPC debug port using a pin header which makes it easy to hot-swap modchips?

Also try to reflow the pinheader, and make sure the modchip is seated properly. I ran into that kind of problem myself with these cheap aladdin modchips as the female header on the chip does not always make a good contact. Use a bit of pressure with your hand on chip while booting and see if that helps.

If you are getting the Evox logo in the top left the mod chip has done it's job.

If you have cut the Lframe trace then you don't need the D0 wire but it will not do any harm to be connected.

I see you mentioned error 9 in your 1st post

Service Error 09:
Info: Hard disk parameters (PIO/DMA/or size). Certain minimum size is required for a debug BIOS. According to llamma.com, error code 09 means "Xbox motherboard is having trouble communicating with the Hard Drive...this is probably due to an ATA controller on the motherboard and not due to the hard drive itself." When the error screen appears, the light around the eject button flashes red instead of green. The disc tray will not open and the system will not boot up at all. You could also have corrupt EEPROM settings.

Solution(s): Make sure the jumper is on cable select (the new hard drives have many different options that you can choose depending on the way you set the jumper ..so just check it ,make sure someone didn't get confused. Try replacing the IDE cable. Get EEPROM backup

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

15 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If you are getting the Evox logo in the top left the mod chip has done it's job.

If you have cut the Lframe trace then you don't need the D0 wire but it will not do any harm to be connected.

I see you mentioned error 9 in your 1st post

Service Error 09:
Info: Hard disk parameters (PIO/DMA/or size). Certain minimum size is required for a debug BIOS. According to llamma.com, error code 09 means "Xbox motherboard is having trouble communicating with the Hard Drive...this is probably due to an ATA controller on the motherboard and not due to the hard drive itself." When the error screen appears, the light around the eject button flashes red instead of green. The disc tray will not open and the system will not boot up at all. You could also have corrupt EEPROM settings.

Solution(s): Make sure the jumper is on cable select (the new hard drives have many different options that you can choose depending on the way you set the jumper ..so just check it ,make sure someone didn't get confused. Try replacing the IDE cable. Get EEPROM backup

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hi SS_Dave,

When disconnected hard disk, The error 09 is there. means my console was not frozen in start-screen. I think this is normal display.

But if any hard disk conected, The console will be not start and stucked in start-screen.

Thanks for your reply.

On 3/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, SS_Dave said:

Are the hard drives you are tiring unlocked?

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes, My original hard disk was broken. So I replace new hard disk which is unlocked.