OGXbox.com

TruHeXEn 2021

ToxicMedz

TruHeXEn 2021

To all those wanting a proper update to my release of TruHeXEn 2020, you've finally got one ;)

Massive thanks to user "sweetdarkdestiny" here on ogxbox forums for the very  strong push to getting a proper release out.

Without their effort at attempting to clean HeXEn's old code, this update would have taken much longer.

This update mainly consists of general housekeeping changes to how HeXEn traditionally got tasks accomplished.

Just about every aspect of the scripts has had some level of optimizations done to them to make this the fastest booting/cleanest HeXEn disc to date.

All of the original features of TruHeXEn 2020 have been maintained as well as having a few outdated systems replaced.

Winbond/Sharp tsop flashing is now handled by Xblast OS instead of Resctoox for example.

*noDvd m8 Bios added back to the flashing menu
*IND-5003 replaced with the Xiso patched version
*Updated Eeprom Nulling tool added. One specific to each system (Tsop/Modchip and Softmod Systems)

The biggest change any long time user of HeXEn will notice right off the bat is the massively improved boot times.

This was accomplished by splitting up HeXEn into two parts.

Upon booting HeXEn will by default load into the menu specifically for Tsop/Modchip systems. There is a new option first in the list to reboot into the Softmod specific menu.

Aside from that most all of the features you expect are still present.

Love it or Hate it, TruHeXEn is here to stay ;)

Google Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/165tikChvIc8q7HqfLxxACBOMGvNqQL3e/view?usp=sharing

Hexen21.png

Edited by ToxicMedz
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There appears to've been some confusion.

sweetdarkdestiny told me that Heimdall might be operating under the name of ToxicMedz these days. I didn't think it likely, especially given statements such as this one, but since it'd be nice to know that H was still kicking about the place I thought I'd question him on it further anyway. That's me he's screenshotted there, asking for some sort of confirmation that ToxicMedz is "also known as" Heimdall. I figured he'd probably doublecheck his "sources" and change his mind.

But it seems there's a bit of a language barrier, and he's gained the impression that I'd actually accused ToxicMedz of lying. Or something? I'm not altogether certain as to what he's thinking, if I'm quite honest, but if I've sent him down that path then I must apologise for the mix up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello.

I have a 1.6 alladin xbox.

Used this disk on it, erased all softmod (if any, i dont know), configured my 500gb hdd (sata with adapter)

The hdd was formated just fine, used the option to install this and onlye dashboard: xbmc4gamers on f, prompt "use as main dashboard?" A: Yes!.

Now if i boot with the disc, the disc loads just fine, but if without it, it hangs on evox screen with a orange ring light

20 hours ago, almmiron said:

Hello.

I have a 1.6 alladin xbox.

Used this disk on it, erased all softmod (if any, i dont know), configured my 500gb hdd (sata with adapter)

The hdd was formated just fine, used the option to install this and onlye dashboard: xbmc4gamers on f, prompt "use as main dashboard?" A: Yes!.

Now if i boot with the disc, the disc loads just fine, but if without it, it hangs on evox screen with a orange ring light

Try putting xbmc4gamers on E drive.

As a bonus that give more space for games as well

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, roybridge said:

Just to follow on, I burned the ISO to a different brand of disc, selected 1x burn speed and the disc boots bust just sits at a large EvolutionX logo.

Try using either the Slayers installer or the ogxbox installer. That's my recommeodation, anyway. Also, i think hexen takes a few minutes to load. How long are you waiting?

Edited by Bowlsnapper

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Try using either the Slayers installer or the ogxbox installer. That's my recommeodation, anyway. Also, i think hexen takes a few minutes to load. How long are you waiting?

I left the disc sitting for roughly 30 minutes (whilst I was doing other things) and it just sat there. Slayers does load almost instantaneously.

1 hour ago, roybridge said:

I left the disc sitting for roughly 30 minutes (whilst I was doing other things) and it just sat there. Slayers does load almost instantaneously.

Yeah, it should only take a few minutes to load the bfm... Slayers is just a normal executable. I love slayers. It's simple and it just works. It was the first installer i ever used, so i'm a bit attached to it.

26 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Slayers didn't use a BFM bios (Ofc depending on which slayers you use, some does like 3.37 for example.).

Problem could be still the used HDD or the dvd media you used.

Damn. I'm still on 2.7. I need to get updated. I need to read up on the whole bfm thing because i really don't know anything about it. I want to know why installer discs use them. That's probably mandatory knowledge.

2.7 is the last version Slayer has made. How ever, there are some updated version floting around which make use of a BFM bios and have softmod stuff added but the most of them also use old apps.

BTT. TruHeXEn 2021 boots up in just some seconds (30 sec max if you use a thomson which is a bit - slow.) on every XBox. Since the main config is splittet into a soft and hardmod section and some other bugs got fixed (autoscan etc:) the disc is fast. How ever, I personaly have still my problems with it because ToxicMedz sadly decided to re-add some major flaws of the old releases. Anyway, if someone like TruHeXEn, go with the 2021. It's the best version beside the 2018 release (Which some ppl still prefere over any other version).

And if you search for more, take a look at the OGXBox Installer.

34 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

2.7 is the last version Slayer has made. How ever, there are some updated version floting around which make use of a BFM bios and have softmod stuff added but the most of them also use old apps.

BTT. TruHeXEn 2021 boots up in just some seconds (30 sec max if you use a thomson which is a bit - slow.) on every XBox. Since the main config is splittet into a soft and hardmod section and some other bugs got fixed (autoscan etc:) the disc is fast. How ever, I personaly have still my problems with it because ToxicMedz sadly decided to re-add some major flaws of the old releases. Anyway, if someone like TruHeXEn, go with the 2021. It's the best version beside the 2018 release (Which some ppl still prefere over any other version).

And if you search for more, take a look at the OGXBox Installer.

Thanks for the info. I coulda sworn i saw like, 2m boot times in some vids, but i guess they were old. I do have both slayers and ogxbox and i use the og disc for apps mainly. I've yet to use it for a clean install.

Edited by Bowlsnapper

You are not wrong. The old releases indeed sometimes needed that long to boot. Problem was one config with ~ 4500 lines of code and the autoscan function. UnleashX is not realy made to load  up that much code of a DVD. So splitting up the config into soft and hard mod config, cleaning out all the commend lines (which are btw. false) and hardcoding the live apps instead of let the dvd scan for the apps folder on the DVD (Why scanning for it when you know whats there?), the boot times are now pretty good. Took some nights to figgure all that out but the end was nice. I still have a copy of the version I made which I handed ToxicMedz so if you're interested in it to compare or just for fun, let me know and I send you a pm with the DL link.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You are not wrong. The old releases indeed sometimes needed that long to boot. Problem was one config with ~ 4500 lines of code and the autoscan function. UnleashX is not realy made to load  up that much code of a DVD. So splitting up the config into soft and hard mod config, cleaning out all the commend lines (which are btw. false) and hardcoding the live apps instead of let the dvd scan for the apps folder on the DVD (Why scanning for it when you know whats there?), the boot times are now pretty good. Took some nights to figgure all that out but the end was nice. I still have a copy of the version I made which I handed ToxicMedz so if you're interested in it to compare or just for fun, let me know and I send you a pm with the DL link.

Jesus, that's what it was doing at boot? No wonder it took so long. That's cool that you took the time to write those in manually. Yeah, ill check it out! Shoot me a link whenever. I appreciate that, dude.

• 2 weeks later...