OGXbox.com

Xbox Series X controller on OGX360

RetroEmulationNation

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I don't know where to go.

My OGX360 is currently using an 8bitdo Wireless USB Adapter (see https://www.8bitdo.com/usb-adapter-ps1-classic) to connect with an Xbox One controller.

I tried to sync an Xbox Series X controller with it, but it failed to pair.

Since this could be a limitation of the 8bitdo adapter, would my Xbox Series X controller successfully pair if I switch to the official Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter?

Thank you.

It's already on the latest firmware :P

I have contacted their support earlier today, hopefully I get a response from them

Was hoping if other members of the forum have experience with the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter

Not sure what's the difference between the One and Series controllers, thought they were essentially the same :(

8bitdo support confirmed their current USB Wireless Adapters are not compatible with Xbox Series S|X controllers because of the switch to Bluetooth Low Energy, instead of normal traditional Bluetooth.

So this is a hardware limitation ☹️

So the next question is, is the Microsoft Wireless Adapter (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller-adapter-win10) compatible with the OGX360?

• 1 month later...

The wireless adapter you linked to is not compatible with Ogx360. The Xbox 360 wireless receiver is, but not the newer Xbox One adapter (generically named "Wireless Adapter"). Hopefully support will get added someday because buying multiple 8bitdo adapters and a USB hub is kind of expensive if you want to run multiple Xbox controllers.

I'm surprised to hear that Series X|S controllers aren't compatible with 8bitdo adapters. That's unfortunate.