OGXbox.com

Enjoying ED@CHIP 2Mb on my SmartXX v1 BIOS

hastings298

Is this kind of in-BIOS FTP access really useful? Does it feature on many chips? I'd also like to try out the SmartXX Remote Flasher, but while it detected my xbox on the network, and I could select a BIOS, I couldn't get it to flash anything. Very cool nonetheless and just thought I'd share this.

xebku22q8ln61.jpg

1 hour ago, Chungaloid said:

Xeniumos on my openxenium has onboard ftp access.  The remote flashing works great, but other than that it's quite useless.  I can only see the C and E partitions on my hdd, and with nothing in them lol.  

Yeah i noticed it didn't see the g and f partitions, only good as an emergency backup i guess.

I did make a Xbox hard drive using just the format option and FTP on a Open Xenium it was a slow and I only did it for shits and giggles.

I really don't see what all the hype is about X3, Xenium, Open Xenium, SmartXX, Xenium Ice and the like is all about.

Yeah you have different banks of BIOS files but as a user how often do you use different bios on the one Xbox or use the built in FTP and format option.

Even in an emergency (hard drive fail) you can still boot to a installation disk to replace and setup the new HDD, any mod chip or flashed TSOP can do that.

And you can add a BIOS file on the Xenium using a USB thumb drive in fat32 format with USB adaptor for the Xbox game port

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1