OGXbox.com

xbox hdm2 23 usb (sata help)

mwmodz

hey , so ive read threw prob a few hours of your posts, you are the closest link ive been able to find for what im looking for , having crazy troubles with xboxhdm 23 b3, i dont want to use usb , i have an adapter for sata to ide for inside the xbox , i need to access the sata hdd with xboxhdm without the adapter IE from the internal sata port ,i have read you and a few others referance these modded bat files , ive tried editing them to my spec which was PHYSDRV0 and it still doesnt se the hdd, i dont even want to copy like this just need it to format to the xbox file system , help plz heres a link to my dc if you have a min to chat https://discord.gg/DDeTT8Uz , if not ill just try to keep an eye on here , thanks in advance 

I'd suggest obtaining XboxHDM23 Beta 4 - an updated release by @Rapper_skull.  It has a SAFE mode.  When enabled, it allows you to access any hard drive connected to your PC, not just via a USB-to-HDD interface adapter. 

Make sure you are working with the correct hard drive before you prepare it - wiping it and adding content for the Xbox.

Download: XboxHDM23 Beta 4

Beta 4 contains no content in it's HDD_files/C or HDD_files/E folders.  If you are preparing a hard drive as XboxHDM23USB Beta 3 does, you need to download the Xbox Softmodding Tool's Build v1.1.8 / Installer Variants / XBHDM Build.zip archive. Extract its content and add it to the HDD_files/C folder of XboxHDM23 Beta 4. 

Note: A reminder on a softmodded console the hard drive has to be locked after preparing it before it will work in the console to boot the no-original-game-disc-required softmod installer installed from the XBHDM Build.zip file.

Or, if you simply want to build a new hard drive for a hard modded Xbox that contains the stock MS dashboard files, download, extracct and add to the HDD_files/C folder the content of Clean_C_and_E_files_for_Xbox.7z archive.  The E drive content contains only two (2) empty folders - UDATA and TDATA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

I'd suggest obtaining XboxHDM23 Beta 4 - an updated release by @Rapper_skull.  It has a SAFE mode.  When enabled, it allows you to access any hard drive connected to your PC, not just via a USB-to-HDD interface adapter. 

Make sure you are working with the correct hard drive before you prepare it - wiping it and adding content for the Xbox.

Beta 4 contains no content in it's HDD_files/C or HDD_files/E folders.  If you are preparing a hard drive as XboxHDM23USB Beta 3 does, you need to download the Xbox Softmodding Tool's Build v1.1.8 / Installer Variants / XBHDM Build.zip archive. Extract its content and add it to the HDD_files/C folder of XboxHDM23 Beta 4. 

Note: A reminder on a softmodded console the hard drive has to be locked after preparing it before it will work in the console to boot the no-original-game-disc-required softmod installer installed from the XBHDM Build.zip file.

Or, if you simply want to build a new hard drive for a hard modded Xbox that contains the stock MS dashboard files, download, extracct and add to the HDD_files/C folder the content of Clean_C_and_E_files_for_Xbox.7z archive.  The E drive content contains only two (2) empty folders - UDATA and TDATA.

i will check this out , wasnt even aware there was a beta 4 of v 23 of the tool , and yes i understand the need for a warning , only two drives in the system are a Samsung ssd and Hitachi 500gb, trying to format the hitachi as xbox hdd (CEFXYZ partitions in fatx), the two drives are very easy to differentiate lol, you got the problem though , like i just have no usb adapter , have the sata drive with adapter , and have tsop xbox with nodvd check , i don't need any c replacement i just run xbmc straight from my c drive with evoxm8 bios on v1.0 tsop, but thanks , i will try this and be back tomo either way !

• 8 months later...
On 3/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, KaosEngineer said:

Sorry to resurrect this post. I have a NTSC-J 1.00 fw 4034 that is driving me crazy. I am trying Hotswap. I used XBHDM23 beta4 and it tells me "ATA secutity is: enabled, pw Level Max, not locked, not frozen [sec5]" How can I proceed now to install the rocky5 mod? I am a bit lost sorry for this message like this.

23 hours ago, Frizzo said:

Sorry to resurrect this post. I have a NTSC-J 1.00 fw 4034 that is driving me crazy. I am trying Hotswap. I used XBHDM23 beta4 and it tells me "ATA secutity is: enabled, pw Level Max, not locked, not frozen [sec5]" How can I proceed now to install the rocky5 mod? I am a bit lost sorry for this message like this.

The hard drive is unlocked so that's good.  

Edit: I suggest making a backup of the current content on the Xbox hard drive's C and E partitions before softmodding the console.  Copy the files using FATXplorer beta 3.0 to your PC before using either method below to reformat / modify files on the Xbox's hard drive.

You need to copy the extracted content from Rocky5's Xbox Softmod Kit Builds / Build v1.1.8 / Installer Variants / XBHDM Build.zip archive into XboxHDM-2.3-Beta4's HDD_files\C subfolder before running menu option 2. Launch xboxhdm    (NOTE: XBoxHDM formats the hard drive wiping all the current content!  Used to prepare a new hard drive/SSD, not necessary to just copy the files to the current hard drive to softmod the console.)

The Xbox Softmodding Tool installer in XBHDM Build is a no-original-game-disc-required bootable Xbox application.

Better still, use FATXplorer beta 3.0 to copy the files to the unlocked Xbox drive's C partition instead of XboxHDM-2.3-Beta4.